New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22261

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 1 Slaughter Contest Score Thread
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Den. While I'm sure these were unintentional mistakes, mistakes should still hurt. If -6 is the lowest a team can possibly score each turn, I believe it (-6) is a proper allotment to allow for them to continue in the contest.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There is no good way to "fix" this. We did what we did and should get what the rules prescribe. In no way was this anyone's fault but our own. We should/could have been more careful.

We will not be impacting the results of the event in any way. (As we jokingly indicated in our last posting.) It would be inappropriate and unsportsmanlike to do so.

We apologize for all this time and effort and for not competing with you in DM28.

Enjoy The Slaughter Challenge as is. It is a great event honoring a fine, fine fellow manager.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There is no good way to "fix" this. We did what we did and should get what the rules prescribe. In no way was this anyone's fault but our own. We should/could have been more careful.

We will not be impacting the results of the event in any way. (As we jokingly indicated in our last posting.) It would be inappropriate and unsportsmanlike to do so.

We apologize for all this time and effort and for not competing with you in DM28.

Enjoy The Slaughter Challenge as is. It is a great event honoring a fine, fine fellow manager.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would still rather do it as a 4 point loss to the turn for both, but because the majority seems to favor putting them in tied for last I will go by that, unless in the next day or two someone comes up with a better idea and gains support for it. I'm leaving the matter open until Friday night at Midnight; Eastern Time.

My reasoning being that Consortium committed the lesser most possible mistake by avoiding, and there is debate that avoiding actually effects anything for random match-ups. The reason the rule was added in the first Slaughter Challenge is there are enough people who think it does do something, even in random matching, so we decided to go that way.

We made an exception allowing people to avoid non-contest teams, but not contest teams, in the first Slaughter Challenge, and I just realized this.

But anyways Consortium you are more than kind to take all the blame but I still shoulder 51+% of the blame for not reminding everyone the turn prior to it's start like I REALLY should have. So keep an open mind to sticking around. at least until after Midnight Friday as we may still score you at 0. Scary thing is you are so good at developing strategy that you could possibly still win this thing even starting at -6. If you plan on continuing to run the team, and don't have a strong desire to HAVE to challenge, then we might as well stick it out. If you plan on running the team I have no issue with you challenging my guys, although I clearly should because I don't do all that well against you, because I know you almost never DC, you almost never go above 6 KD, and you almost never aim vitals. Like a good Andorian should Smile !

Den we do have precedent in cases such as yours as Blackstorm Blood Feuded, somewhere around turn11 last Slaughter Challenge. Since he had fought every fight I DQ'd him, he was way behind anyways, but I still gave him the Iron Manager award. His BF was against the #2 team in the rankings and he got a kill no less. So Rillion would've lost 2 points for the death. We negated the fight in the scoring, but obviously not for the Iron Manager since he did fight but was illegally Blood Feuded, so he scored 0 points for that fight.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

CRAP!

I forgot we can't edit posts and I ended the last post to check something first.

A couple of points (no pun intended):

I don't see Six Action News as a declared team, unless it is York/Tolbin's. That would make the last place team's score as -3. So again I will go by the majority of votes, here or on Chatzy, made to me (so I can verify the voting, and so we don't make more work for Assur and make him have to send me a "XXX voted at about XMadx today), so if you want to vote on Chatzy send me a PM and I will see it at my next log-in to Chatzy.

So that would be a vote for 0 for Consortium and -4 for Juggalo; a vcote to tie them for last at -3 (unless Six Action News is York/Tolbin's in which case it would be -6); or a better idea but it'd have to be soon because Midnight Eastern Time Friday I will go by the "will of the people, and a new idea would have to get more votes than the other 2 options!

Den you will not be charged the loss, and resulting -1 point. Your UNWANRED COMPANY had not been scored yet by Assur, he had you at 2-2, you went 2-3, you have been credited the same 2-2 Assur had you scored at, with no Personal Ad from a Warrior. Still manually going through the turn and double checking that you had no warrior personal. So you'll be at 0 or 1 depending on the personal.

Also does anyone know Ringmaster? If you do remind him there's no avoids, challenges, bloodfeuds, or tourneys. There were plenty of SC2 based posts, as well as Consortium directly pointing out it was Slaughter Challenge time. If he breaks any of the contest rules, or anyone else for that matter, they will be DQ'd from the contest (not a turn but rather removal).

As in the first Slaughter Challenge you can avoid Juggalo Rydaz, but only for this 2nd turn of the contest, as I'm not going to DQ them for the BF so they are still considered a contest team. If they BF again, or break any further rule of the SC2 on turn 2 on, they will be DQ'd and will no longer be considered a contest team and you'll get no protection from losing a point(s) - only winning them if you beat him.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Aggghhhhh!lized I left that message to Den kind of vague.

Den- Short Sighted, the warrior being Blood Feuded, can avoid Juggalo Rydaz, not your whole team.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Guess I should have finished the P-Ads before I said that about Action 6 team. I see they declared in the Personals. So Juggalo and Expense would be at -6 if the majority of people voting vote for "tied for last".

Assur, The differences I found are:

Comic Strips 2-2-2-0, Personals, 3 points, He has emails showing he sent PAs and they didn't get printed

Fanatic Fury 1-2-0-0, Personals, 0 points

Serpent's Hold 2-3-0-0, Personals, 0 Points

Of Wolf and Man 1-4-0-0, Personals, -2 Points

Thomas Jefferson
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If the decision is to give them grace, I have to vote for giving them the minimum possible score. I'm fine with that. Even fine with changing the rules to specify that DQ is DQ for the turn and minimum score for the turn. But need to do that soon, as you said.

ACTION SIX NEWS declared in the personals this turn.
Vlad
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm all for giving grace as well... we have a whole year in front of us!

One suggestion: Anyone who DQ's on a turn should not benefit from the score of someone followed the rules, IMHO. Even the team that did the worst. I think I am seeing a suggestion of giving the DQ's the score of the team that did the worst that turn. I would suggest that score -1, so that the DQ(s) actually wind up with the worst score for the round.

Just my $0.02
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well it's decision time.....

Almost everyone who weighed in on this have said tie the 2 teams who had infractions should be tied with the last place team who was -6 points.

Not my favorite way to do it, I just wanted to negate the turn altogether, but the people have spoken!

I am a little concerned that Juggalo Rydaz, since I am not familiar with Ringmaster, might pull another BF against Den. As I said before if anyone knows him/ and or has a way to let him/her know that the contest is No challenges, no avoids, and no Bloodfeuds, etc.

If it happens on turn 2, because they were not aware that we started and that Bloodfeuds are banned, I will again put them tied for last, Expense Account included, whether that number is higher or lower than -6.

I have no intention of letting anyone break 1 of the rules because they are way out in front, or such. Turn 3 there will be no more "breaks". The rules WILL be enforced and DQ'd from the contest. I am intending on writing a personal Ad to let the teams of refractions will be removed from the contest and be ineligible to even get the Iron Manager +1 bonus potion.

--- Final word is, there will be no challenging into the contest warriors, if you have a 2nd team in Morya, this will get you DQ'd if it is discovered.

--- If it is discovered that a "friend, alliance mate, or a 2nd team of a participating manager," throws fights to a participant the scoring for the fight will be nullified and a warning issued. If it happens a 2nd team it will be cause for a DQ, as well.

Let's have fun and see who can throw out "generic strats" because you could virtually face anybody and any style. Not only mimicking the way Judth played, but also like the old days when arenas had 20+ teams.

Spice it up.... Imagine the warrior you faced challenged you, 20+ team arenas could get virtually anyone challenging you. As in the "days of old" imagine it was fairly random... back when there was no Terrablood and you/they just challenged you with no clue of what style they're challenging. Remember when you had an enemy with a bad warrior, say 2-7-0, so you challenge it with your Total Parry... and guess what? He is an Aimed Blow... OOPS!

Just saying with a little imagination this contest, with warrior personals taunting people, will be more fun than a Barrel of Monkeys!!

AND REMEMBER YOUR PERSONAL ADS HAS TO COME FROM ONE OF YOUR WARRIORS TO SCORE THE POINT!

Thank you and enjoy,

Jeff/ Street Legal--- Classic Arcade

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gahhh... hit by the edit bug again!

Many apologies for poor grammar.... Thank you in advance! Cool

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic