New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104512

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 2014 Halloween Tourney Journal
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

2014 Halloween Tourney Results
I’ve always enjoyed reading tourney journals and thought it would be cool to post my tourney results. I am well aware that my results aren’t that impressive, but I thought it would be fun to jot down what happened.

I never send as many participants as you guys do. So my number of entrants is a whopping nine to the living tourney. Someone said Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. And with that I sent five of my dead warriors. I know I will never get them back, but it is a chance to run them again. So I do it and try to enjoy it. Here we go.

Freshmen-
Koroshiya Ichi was my only entrant to this class. This guy is my favourite aimed blow that I ever ran. Not just because he is on the Isle, but because he is so much fun. When he was in Morya he earned a 19-6-3 record. Other than that, his biggest high light was coming in third in the Fool’s Tourney of 2013. Koroshiya’s first opponent was Spider- Man of Wensinwasin M.H. I have no idea what Wensinwasin M.H means. Without giving away his style, I will say that Spider-Man handed Koroshiya a beating. At least Koroshiya got an attack skill out of it.

The second turn Koroshiya was matched against Orange Cranberry of Muffins to Die For . In all fairness, the manager is right. They are really good muffins. This match went in Koroshiya’s favour. Maybe things would have gone better if Koroshiya didn’t have Orange Cranberry under so much pressure that he couldn’t draw his back-up, things would have went differently. But we will not look a gift horse in the mouth. We took the win and deftly avoided elimination. On to turn 3.

The third round was a match with Gaige the Destroyer of The Hunted F9. What’s with all of these midgets running around? Maybe I missed the memo. That would also explain why Koroshiya lost. I always heard Gaige’s style wasn’t good in advanced. Colour us embarrassed. But I still have that one win, so I continue on to turn 4.

The fourth turn was a match against Jason Voorhees of Deranged 21 . Again with the midgets! And he is the same style as Gaige as well. Seriously, was there a memo? Needless to say that Jason’s big axe put an end of Koroshiya’s dreams of advancing. But this tourney taught me something. I really need to trust in my warrior and fight the rhythm they prefer and use the weapons that they prefer. Oh well, there is always the next tourney.

Champions-
Ria the Caresser of the Chosen was one of my entrants in this class. She is my leggy wall of steel from Arkers. If you read any of my Duel Masters (Duel II) fiction in Suspense and Decision, you have heard that name before. Currently, Ria is 12-11-0 and duel mistress in Arkers. I know her record isn’t impressive, but to be fair, she ran into a lot of scum total parries in the early turns of her career. Her claim to fame is having Cyclotubulous break her shields with his maul every time they fight. He still refuses to accept the bills from her armourer. The jerk!

I also had another champion is a slasher of mine named Water Rat of Lords of Discipline. He is the duel master in Morya and has a record of 15-5-0. Water Rat received his invite to the Isle this turn, so this will be his last fight as a mortal.

Ria the Caresser- The first turn was a match with Jade of Thirsty Thugs. When I saw Jade’s fighting style, I knew Ria was going to be in trouble. I suspected there to be a lot of attack skills backing up her longsword. I just hoped that Ria could keep her at bay long enough to get an opening. The theme with Koroshiya was midgets. With my guys in the regular matches it was “XXXX slips his XXXX past the parry”. Three minutes later, Ria was in the infirmary nursing a sore left bicep. But that is okay. She still advances to the second turn.

Ria the Caresser- The second turn has Ria matched against War Pig of XXX Bandits. War Pig wasn’t a midget, but he was aggressive. There is nothing scarier than an angry Kannar looking to bury his hatchet into your warrior’s skull. Four minutes later and Ria scored the final hits to the abdomen and ribs of War Pig. To be fair, I was aiming for the arms. But luckily, we are on to the third turn. Enjoy that masters rating War Pig.

Ria the Caresser- The third turn was a match against Grunt 90 of Medal of Honor E5 . That little Ratani skewered Ria before she could catch her breath.

Ria the Caresser- Turn four brought a match with Rattler of Serpents’ Hold. Their stable’s name sounds like an aimed blow’s technique. “Be careful. My aimed blow has an advanced master in attack. He now knows the serpents’ hold technique.” The fight was a good one and after five grueling minutes, it was over and Ria stood triumphant. After the match Ria made a mental note to have a long discussion with her armourer. Rattler broke her shield and her primary weapon. So, with a 2-2-0 record, Ria moves into a the fifth turn.

Ria the Caresser- Turn five was a bit of a sad turn. Not for me, but for Dave Nelson of News Radio . On minute two of this fight, Ria slew Dave Nelson. The eerie part is that Ria warned “Another blow and I will send you to Ahringol”. And she did just that. My condolences to the manager of Dave Nelson. To get a warrior up to the champions class only to have him slain has got to be tough. And so with a 3-2-1 record we move onto turn six.

Ria the Caresser- Turn six and I notice that Ria has a countdown record; 3-2-1. Maybe this is an omen of things to come. Maybe she will be 4-3-2. Sure she would be out of the tourney, but it would still be eerily cool. Well, Ria’s cool ship docks here. Surgeon Warpath of 06031OU saw to that in a lightning fast one minute bought. Ria was holding her own until the shot to the abdomen. It was all downhill from there. Needless to say this was a great run. A 3-3-1 record in the Champion’s Class is a great showing.

Water Rat- Water Rat’s first turn opponent was Mmmmbuhhh of You Don’t Say!. This was a special treat because Mmmmbuhhh was a zombie. This was a chance for me to see what all of the fuss is about. Mmmmbuhhh is also one those short a** warriors that plagued me this tourney. Seriously, was there a memo? Please tell me. This was going to be an interesting fight. Sure enough, Water Rat took this little zombie apart with his hatchet. It wasn’t as easy as I make it sound. Mmmmbuhhh is pretty agile for a zombie. Water Rat moves on to the second turn with a 1-0-0 record.

Water Rat- Water Rat’s opponent on the second turn was Leontion of Dreamers . Water rat managed to put down Leontion as well. I didn’t know Leontion’s style was that good at parrying. Off to turn three with a 2-0-0 record.

Water Rat- Turn three brought Innuk Shuk across my path. Water Rat was cocky as he walked out on the sands. I mean, after all, he was 2-0-0 in the champions. He had this, right? Wrong! Innuk Shuk beat Water Rat worse than he did his first two opponents. The most embarrassing thing about the fight was when Innuk Shuk said, “Kneel before me, and I’ll consider sparing your life” and Water Rat crumpled to his knees. But in all fairness, the shot to the ankle was the real cause of him doing that as opposed to intimidation. Now Water Rat goes into turn four with a 2-1-0 record. That is still pretty good considering the class he is in. then Water Rat saw who his next opponent was. “Ah! Come on!” was his reaction.

Water Rat- walked out on the sand of turn four with frustration written all on his face. He couldn’t believe his luck. Of all of the people in this tourney, this guy shows up. Much like McDonald’s, the Bash Bros. franchise is everywhere. Water Rat’s next opponent is Eye Bags of Bash Bros Body. The two had met before for a duel master’s title shot. Back on turn 369, Eye bags was a bright eyed Phenom 9-0-0 and Water rat was an 8-3-0 upstart who got too close to the big dogs for his liking. When the dust settled, Eye Bags was the new duel master and Water Rat had a new home in the champions’ class and a pathetic 77 points to his name. Now they meet again. Eye Bags made short work of the pluviophile. Both warriors advanced to turn five with 2-2-0 records.

Water Rat- the turn five fight against Cyano of Azure Shield is what I consider one of the most gruesome fights out there. The 2-2-0 record warriors walked out with hatchets in hand. There is something about the idea of two warriors walking out with hatchets for the sole purpose of hacking each other into submission. They both brought back up hatchets as well. The only thing more unnerving is that Cyano didn’t wear armour. This guy is obviously a lunatic. Well, lunatic or not, Cyano bested Water Rat and sent the young man home with a 2-3-0 tourney record. That’s okay; when he returned to Morya he kept the title, avenged a blood feud and got his invite to the Isle.

Adepts-
Wicker Gremlin- is my first golem and my only entrant in the Adept’s class. He is also a stable mate of Water Rat in Lords of Discipline. Some of you might remember Wicker Gremlin from the 2014 Winter Face to Face in the apprentice class. I was being sarcastic. The only thing that would make him stand out would be his kill and t from A Convicted Thief. He went 4-3-1 in that one and had his climb to tourney victor stud by Tuition Ache of This Old Team.

The first turn had Wicker matched against Mind Crime of Queensryche. The fight actually was one minute. But Wicker started doing some show boating for the crowd. Who poses in a heroic stance while his opponent is lying on the sands screaming in pain? But, for whatever it is worth, the crowd ate it up. And Wicker advanced with a 1-0-0 record.

The second round matched Wicker with Toure of Thirsty Thugs. Wicker had Toure in check and was controlling the fight. And then it happened. The ever popular weapon slipping through the parry tactic. But it was too little too late as Wicker stole the initiative and let Toure have two blows to the shoulder and right arm and it was done. Wicker advanced to turn three with a 2-0-0 record. Enjoy that rating, Toure.

The third match brought Cutie Kill of Nailed It and her 2-0-0 tourney record in Wicker’s sights. This was going to be great; two 2-0-0 warrior were about to duke it out. And Wicker was ready to pose some more for the ladies. Someone should have told that to Cutie Kill. There was nothing cute about what she did to my guy. At least Cutie Kill had enough class to offer Wicker a hand. A much humbler Wicker heads to turn four with a 2-1-0 record.

Turn four was up and Wicker was standing across the sand from Floyd-O-Mine-Tails of Arcane Punishment. I’ll just call him Floyd for this post. When Wicker saw him prepping for the match he said, “I think he is trying to show off with his choice of weapon. Something that showy in a tourney is just ridiculous.” Talking about the pot calling the kettle black! Despite starting the fight with a crit (it missed), Wicker was triumphant. In the end Wicker bowed to the crowd, saluted Floyd, and strutted from the ring. 3-1-0 ad we are off to the fifth turn.

The fun train is coming to a halt in the fifth turn as Wicker is matched against XXX of Bad News. Wicker was doing what he does best when it happened. The ever popular weapon slipping through the parry tactic. Again! But this one was backed up with a crit. And my poor golem was doomed. Not bad XXX considering you didn’t have the strength or deftness for your weapon. On to the sixth turn with a 3-2-0 record.

Turn 6 is the finality turn for Wicker Gremlin as he is matched up with Neptune Scream of Darque Waters. Neptune Scream is a really good warrior. He even got the compulsory attack through the parry. As I said, this seemed the theme of this tourney. But it all came down to who could connect with their attacks. Neptune Scream was very spastic. It like someone gave him twelve triple shot espressos and sent him out to fight. He did a lot of stepping left, and then right, and then feint. But all in all it was a good match and Wicker salutes him. The strutting golem is eliminated with a 3-3-0 record. I am not ashamed of him performance at all.

Initiates-
I only have two guys competing in the initiates. The first warrior will be Halin Stormbreaker of the Chosen. I am hoping Ria’s stable mate will make a showing as good, if not better than hers. Halin is one of my newest warriors and has a 2-3-1 record in Arkers. We are still expecting Assurnasirbanipal to blood feud Halin for killing Forgot my Towel of Bash Bros Shower in regular play. Trust me; it isn’t something I am looking forward to. But that is Arkers and we are at the Halloween Tourney.

Halin- The first turn was a match with Hobbs of Robo Villiage . No, that isn’t a typo. It is how the team’s name is spelled. The fight was pretty even until the third minute when an exhausted panting Halin lucked up and got a blow to connect. After that, Hobbs dropped like a sack of rocks. It’s the fort turn and it is also a win. I like it already! 1-1-0 and we are on to turn two.

Halin- On this second turn, Halin was matched against The Takeover of Jay-Z . The Takeover was off like a shot as he proceeded to give Halin several openings in his nice shiny armour. Halin tried to put up some kind of opposition, but this was the Takeover’s day and he walked away with the win. And with a record of 1-1-0, Halin advances to turn three.

Halin- Turn introduced Halin to Hocus Pocus of Mothership Tempe . This fight was hsort and sweet with Hocus Pocus working his magic with a broad sword. Halin tried to dodge and hit back against the Takeover. But against Hocus Pocus, he didn’t have what it took. Hocus Pocus took the match in a very short minute. All it took were two hits. Halin looked a little disappointed when I told him that he had one more match. If he wins this one, he is still in. If not, he can pack up and get ready to go back to Arkers. 1-2-0 and it is on to turn 4.

Halin- Babe Ruthless of Street Walkers 7 was more than happy to fight Halin. Maybe it felt that it had a sure win with its 2-1-0 record as opposed to Halin’s 1-2-0. I am not being rude. Babe really is classified as an “It”. Anyway, Halin took another “L” and was done.

My second Initiate was Sat Thu Mot. He was an aimed blow. To be honest, he was hosed majorly in damage and I couldn’t raise a stat to save his life. My goal was to try and make this guy a winner. He had a bit of sentimentality for me because he is one of the few guys from Kyr’terr that had a triple digit ID.

Sat Thu Mot- first turn was against Embezzling Scribe. This was pretty easy. Embezzling Scribe is a total parry after all. So, with a nice shiny 1-1-0 under his belt. Sat Thu Mot advances to the second turn.

Sat Thu Mot- the second turn brought Moor of the Delirium Rules . So the fight began and for the last time. He two fought for initiative and Sat Thu Mot won. This fight was going great. Sat Thu Mot even broke Moor’s long sword with an attack and Moor was too busy to draw his back up short sword. For some reason, Sat Thu Mot had two daggers as back up. And while he was winning, he stopped and drew one of them. Which gave Moor a chance to draw his short sword. While Sat Thu Mot was “struggling to call up his last reserves of energy”, Moor struck. Two shots to the chest and a shot to the head later and Sat Thu Mot is dead. The final record 1-1-0. R.I.P

Apprentices-

Ahhh…the apprentice class. I remember thinking in my more naïve days that this class was a push over. But these days, it is pretty tough. I’ve sent guy in this class and they have come back with their tails between their legs and an 0-2-0 to show for it. But this time I sent two of what I consider good warriors to this class; Yrah Banewrecker of the Chosen and Marin Bleu of Lords of Discipline.

Yrah Banewrecker - the first turn was Yrah vs Pain Maiden of Pain and Pleasure. Pain Maiden surprised me by pulling the victory out. I honestly had to review the fight twice to realize Yrah lost. Seriously. I was looking at the next fight when I noticed Yrah had a loss. Well played lady. Well played. Yrah is on to turn two with his stealth loss and a 0-1-0 record.

Yrah Banewrecker - turn two brings Clicquot Champagne of Made You Look. The fight was very intense. Both warriors were intent on coming out the victor. This makes sense since both warriors were undefeated at the time. It’s all about ego in this match. Yrah proved to be the better man as the arena master declared him the victor. Yrah is now 1-1-0 and off to turn three.

Yrah Banewrecker - Chantilly Lace and a pretty mace…Sorry, I couldn’t resist. But seriously, Chantilly Lace of Golden Oldies. The proud Jhelumite strutted out on the sands intent on doing damage. Not to sound like I am bragging, but Yrah beat him so bad, the crowd was calling for him to go to the Dark Arena. Fortunately for Chantilly Lace, that isn’t an option in a tourney. In case anyone isn’t counting, that is a 2-1-0 record for the tourney. Next up is a bout with a Wizard.

Yrah Banewrecker - “He's a pinball wizard. There has to be a twist. A pinball wizard's got such a supple wrist…” Turn four brought Pinball Wizard of Deviation . Pin Ball Wizard? Huh…they should call him dirty fighter. Did the Pinball Wizard really want to win with repeated shots to the groin? Maybe it was a mating ritual and Yrah didn’t know. Whatever was going on, Yrah put a stop to the nonsense and gave the Wizard a loss causing him to have 3-1-0 record going into turn five. Yrah happily went with a matching record.

Yrah Banewrecker - Sorry. But I don’t have a cute song for this next guy. If only you could hear my real singing voice. There would be riots I tell ya. And all because you’d be fighting to see who got out of ear shot first. But this match was against Sidewinder of Serpant’s Hold. The fight was quick and to the point. I dare say less than a minute. In the end Yrah stood victorious and moved on to turn six with a 4-1-0 and starting to believe he has a chance at a tourney victor.

Yrah Banewrecker - "Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?" ―Indiana Jones. And a Sidewinder no less. This member of Serpent’s Hold was Yrah’s opponent on turn five. Sidewinder was true to his name and was all over Yrah. This loss wouldn’t be a stealth loss like with Pain Maiden on turn one. And then Yrah got the parry and riposte. One lucky parry turned the tide of this match and Yrah started giving bak what he received, That lucky riposte gave Yrah a 4-1-0 record and the chance to move to turn six.

Yrah Banewrecker - It is turn six and my hopes of Yrah getting a TV are growing. Even when I saw the stats on Stark of the Mentors II I wasn’t afraid of him. This match was going ot have two 4-1-0 warrior duking it out. Even if one lost, they still advanced, but a loss at this level affects the chances of getting a TV even more. It’s still possible, but it makes it more stressful. Things were looking good and the match was going Yrah’s way. He even made Stark go desperate two times during the two minute fight. That is until got that shot in when Yrah back pedaled to conserve his energy. Anyone watching could see the pain on Yrah’s face as he accepted the loss. Stark was ecstatic and rightfully so. He had earned that fight and the 5-1-0 that went with it. Yrah took his 4-2-0 and advanced to turn seven.

Yrah Banewrecker - At the beginning of turn seven I could hear a tapping sound. It was he sound of the final nail being nail in the coffin holding his dreams of a TV. The killer of his dream was Glenn of Zombie Squad XI. I should have known it would end in Glenn’s favour. He had a hungry look. As if he wasn’t going home without his place in the TV section. Both warriors had 4-2-0 records. It was going to be a dirty match. No doubt about that. The arenamaster gave the signal to start and the two warriors beat on each other with a primal energy. And when the dust settled, Glenn stood triumphant. If Yrah wasn’t in such pain, he might have looked disappointed. I congratulate Glenn on the win. I frown upon him trying to bury Yrah in the sand. It was just a tacky thing to do. But Yrah’s run is over and he is the proud owner of a 4-3-0 record and a chance to lick his wounds.

This is starting to run a little long, so I will do the last two quickly. Especially since they both went 0-2-0. Marin Bleu of Lords of Discipline was in the apprentice class and fought Bull Porter of Xcom Alpha. and Lana! Of Archer. Despite Marin’s skills, and her opponent not having the skills to use their weapon of choice, Bull Porter dominated the contest. The match against Lana! Wasn’t much better. But Marin could hold her own in the match.

The Hush of Lords of Discipline fought in the rookie class. I have always liked the rookie class because it is one of the few even classes. Entrants are raw recruits who have to fight on pure talent, or lack thereof. I really thought he Hush would do a lot better than a 0-2-0. But the fact is, he just fought better guys. His opponents were Leviathan of Assassin Nation and Empty Pot of Bash Bros Coffee.
So ends my 2014 bid in the Halloween Tourney. I really enjoyed competing against your guys and I am already looking forward to the Face to Face in January. That is if Mannequin is willing to proxy for me.

Very Happy
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic