New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22265

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Should we be concerned?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was curious about what the managers of Shadowspire think about the new upcoming No-tourney arena? For years I have yearned for another arena to join and would have been thrilled about this! Now, not so much. With Shadowspire only having 20 teams right now, I fear that a new arena will result in 2 half full arenas instead of just one decent arena. My greatest fear is that in 6 months we have two 10-12 team arenas.

Am I alone in these concerns? Anybody else have any thoughts?

Anybody else planning on playing in both?

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
Lugal_gg
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your concerns are legitimate. Hope for the best.

Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree.

Probably going to send a team to the new arena, but don't see how it would be more fun than Shadowspire...
Aragorn
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope it will bring more for both arenas. I'm trying both, I love the concept of old school arena play with no tourney fe as an option.
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ultimately it's down to a matter of cost. If a manager is running a team in Shadowspire it's because they love the idea of a No Tourney setting-- that's a given. I would expect at least ten to 15 teams in the first month of play, and some of those will be run by managers with a team in Shadowspire.

If you play this game, you like it!! Also, getting a turn in the mail every week is very appealing. Smile

However, it's been several years since I ran three or four teams at a time. It's funny (weird) but even though my income has almost doubled in the past 20 years, so have my expenses!! The simple days are long past. DM is a niche hobby that has to take its place in line behind my bicycles, books, and electronics. This may sound laughable to many of you, but I honestly have a very limited amount of 'disposable' cash.

That said, if I can rework my budget I plan on entering a team, but it won't be until July or August, as I have to map out my finances to ensure that I can sustain another team for at least one year. Why join an arena if I have to quit in just a few months, or turns? i want to make a year commitment, and I hope that most managers feel this way too. In any case, regardless of what most managers do or don't do, I don't want to abandon Shadowspire.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is not laughable. I am in the same boat, but have 4 kids to soak up funds. I am content at this point though with my micro-manager status. It is what it is, and you can devote the time and money you can to it.

I don't know why they would open another regular no-tourney arena at this point. Wasn't even aware of it as I don't peruse every newsletter like I used to.

KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik, I only have two, and they're both grown and out of the house. You know what the difference is? I mail them money instead of just handing it to them with a lecture. Rolling Eyes

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Budget is always an issue for every individual manager. What is great about the no tourney arenas is as long as you can afford a full team twice a month, it's an even playing field and budget is not an issue to compete. My Shadowspire experience has been relatively bland for the most part, but I'm giving it another try. I know that my coolness to it is likely related to the quality of my warriors and my unfamiliarity of the other managers there along with refusing to transfer the team and put a new one in there to preserve my accurate record, along with having only one turn there in the last two years. At the same time, I'm likely much more excited about Seam opening, new team, turn 1, everyone starting out with 0 fe... To each their own. Like I said, I'm trying both. This arena is a breath of fresh air to me. I was there when it was contracted and it was disappointing. The team was transferred and I never ran them much afterward.
Crambus
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MY budget has not been a problem, RSI has been letting me off by paying with Monopoly money for years. I just finished slapping a new team together a few minutes ago, however, I've gotten bored sitting in the stands watching to action. So, I shall be joining my fellow comrades on the arena sands with sword in hand. With me I bring you the legendary Ira Hayes, who will be armed with a lust for blood and eyes full of hate. To his left, we bring the famous Jeff Probst, who arms himself with a neatly pressed, bright blue button-up shirt and a sparkling immunity idol dangling from his neck. The remaining two warriors will most likely be introducing themselves to the Dark Arena very soon into their careers.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum