New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Dark Arena - A supplemental - Rocanis Turn #626 – Volume 4
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grimwood
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dark Arena Supplemental

Escape! General Pol has bested the Dark Arena monster Rokori Klee and is making arrangements to flee Rocanis. However, danger still looms as the Free Blade Merchant Guild has a long reach.

“We are betrayed!” General Pol burst into the Skull Squadron stable. “We need to leave Rocanis immediately!”

Steal Weaver ate from a bowl of dates and looked up from a table studying the arena newsletter from the previous week.

“Are you certain?” Steel Weaver asked, putting a few dates back into the bowl.

Pol walked up and placed a severed head of an enormous Shewish Giant on the table. “I just came back from my Dark Arena match, conveniently scheduled early by the Free Blade Merchant Guild.”

“The Free Blade Merchant Guild? It doesn’t make sense, they gave you all that gold to resupply our brethren on the Rirorni plains,” Steel Weaver said stepping back from the dismembered head.

“Apparently, I’m no longer any use to them being a Lord Protector now.”

“I know you aren’t the Duelmaster anymore, but I am. The agreement should remain intact,” Steel Weaver said.

“The arena rankings in Rocanis are in upheaval. While you have some skill, there are many others with a vast amount of experience. It’s only a matter of time before one of them removes you from the throne,” Pol said moving towards the door.

“You dishonor me.”

“No, I’m stating the truth. I’m in your father’s debt and I made a vow to keep his last son alive. Come, we must leave the city,” Pol motioned.

“No, I’m staying.”

“By the gods of the plains why?”

“I’m the Duelmaster. I’m going to defend my title,” Steel Weaver said.

“My friend. There is nothing left here in Rocanis for us. We need to get back to the plains where we belong,” Pol said.

“There is something left for me here.”

“What in the nine hells is that?”

“Reclaiming my honor,” Steel Weaver said.

Pol was in a quandary. He had an oath to keep Steel Weaver alive. However, he had chosen his words poorly when telling Steel Weaver it was time to leave the city. He put Steel Weaver’s honor into question and it was his fault. As a Rirorni, he knew if he didn’t allow Steel Weaver to defend his honor, he’d considered himself less than nothing in the eyes of his fellow Rirorni. He hoped his friend would survive the next two weeks and soon rejoin him on the plains.

Clasping Steel Weaver on the shoulder, Pol said, “Stay and defend your honor. However, if the title passes to another, join us out on the plains again. I can use you at my side.”

Steel Weaver nodded.

“In the meantime, be cautious as the Free Blade Merchant Guild has a duplicitous nature,” Pol said as he motioned to the Shewish Giant’s detached head.

“I’m a Rirorni warrior, they do not concern me.”

“Never-the-less, take care my friend. Until we meet again, I’ll miss your sword.”

Later in the darken cellar of Mylar’s Tavern…

“That cursed Rirorni General Pol, killed Rokori Klee,” spat a male voice. “He was my best Shewish Giant enforcer.”

“It’s a small matter,” a female replied.

“I beg to differ. His ally Steel Weaver is now Duelmaster. Pol will escape Rocanis, rejoin his armies, and if we are lucky won’t march on Rocanis to find us. Things are a mess,” the male retorted.

The woman moved and revealed a desk with several full sacks. She opened one and spilled gold coins about the table.

“Where did all of the gold come from? Did General Pol repay us?” the male asked rifling through the coins.

“In a manner.”

“Explain.”

“His Rirorni adversaries did. You’d be surprised how much each of them was willing to pay to find out the exact location of General Pol’s army on the Rirorni Plains. Our investment has been repaid and I’ve manage a decent profit,” the female said.

The man smiled. “What about Steel Weaver?”

The woman revealed a small bottle. “Rocanis’ current Duelmaster has a sweet tooth for dates.”

“You poisoned him? The Rocani Gladiatorial Commission won’t tolerate the outright killing of the city’s Duelmaster. Even the Free Blade Merchant Guild couldn’t stop an investigation. ”

“I only weakened him. No one will be any the wiser. His next opponent won’t have much difficulty finishing him off. I’d say he’ll be dead on the sands in two hits. Be sure you bet heavily against Steel Weaver next turn.”
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum