New Yesterday: 3
Overall: 22261

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turf War X Scoring Notes (Spoilers) & Champ Status
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lugal_gg
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It seem the TW just took on a new meaning for some.
*grabs popcorn*

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Let's get the "discussion" thing clear. There has never been a verbal discussion on this topic between Khisanth/Oz Steve/Wayne. Never. There have been chatzy and site posts/messages back and forth - which could be construed as discussions. There have been statements and posts to all about what is "due" to make this work for each team that was not fully complete. (Many and often) Those words are reviewable by any of you that want.

Perhaps there was a misinterpretation of those words. Perhaps not.

from Wayne

P.S. Oz, Assur, and Darque are still behind closed doors - the wine is not yet gone; rumor is there are loud snores coming from the room.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This incident is to me another one of those that appears every Turf War. Instead of looking, analyzing and using cool calm decision making tactics a power play has been utilized.

In this situation Khisanth clearly stated in Turn 363 (twice) he would be entering the Turf War using a Serpents Hold Team (not yet in the arena). There was no mischief in this declaration, by no means did this give a player or a team a competitive advantage (or any advantage other than starting the The team the TW begins, available to all players). So why not use rational heads, say hmmm he did try to declare his team. He did do what he thought was right, there was no possible way he could have cheated; (ie. He could not have 2 teams in the arena thus picking what team to score).

Maybe just maybe it is because his team jumped out to first place. Oh wait, aren't they also the defending champions. Ahhh, now we are getting somewhere.

Why don't you stop moderating if all you can do is try to enforce rules to help protect your team from losing. Use common sense when managing issues that arise, and try to arrive at ones that are in the spirit of good fun competition.

OZ, if you didn't stomp your feet no one else would have noticed nor cared. Stop worrying about implementing rules versus your opponents and just come out here and try to win this thing fair and square.

Grimm

Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They say opinions are like buttholes: everyone has one. So here's mine:

1. The rules were posted months ago and are excruciatingly clear as to what must happen.

2. Having a one-off conversation with a moderator and asking, effectively, "this isn't what the rules say but is this good enough?" is a non-starter to me and puts the moderator in an unenviable and untenable spot. The rules, after all, are clearly posted.

3. I, like others, switched teams out at the very last minute and yet somehow managed to dot all the i's and cross all the t's required by the rules without issue.

4. Suck it up, get your declaration in as required next turn, and enjoy the contest. If it helps, view it as spotting the rest of us alliances some points because, well, you're just that good and we'll need them!
Khisanth
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Really not trying to harp on this...

2. Announce their intent to compete with manager name, team name, and alliance they will represent in the North Fork (DM 47) newsletter. Announcement made on the D2 Forums or Chatzy will not be accepted..

I believe I did all these other than not knowing that Sandy would put a 2 on the end..if that's the problem it can be removed if that would make it valid..she never told me it would..I graduated a warrior and ran his last turn the turn prior or I'd have known there would be a post fix to my team name..

And I truly don't think oz is making this ruling because we are in first.. I know Wayne better than that.. It would be a pity tho if this ruling changed the outcome... Let's play it out and let the best alliance win..
LaGuillotine
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

of course he isn't, and no doubt the moderators are as pissed as we all are with this stupid issue.

As you said, K:
"2. Announce their intent to compete with manager name, team name, and alliance they will represent in the North Fork (DM 47) newsletter."

and you posted "A Serpents Hold team (not yet in this arena) will be joining KGGP for the upcoming TW! Khisanth"

So your team joined in time for turn 1, and there is only one Serpent's Hold team in the arena, clearing any doubt... But yet, the way you did this apparently is debatable and players are jumping on this occasion to ask for foul play... I wonder if we went 5-15 would there have been such a debate...

Yet again, anyone also in good faith can see there was no possible confusion with any other team, so what is criticised is the way you declared, not what you did...

Let's not dwell any further on this and hope this is quickly over so we can enjoy the TW, as we intended to.

Weird Alchemy (DM 8 and 47), Kiss My Axe (DM10), New Misfits (DM 28 ), Whammo & Thudda 4u! (DM 31), The Delirium Rules (DM 32), New Originals (DM 39), Going Berserk (DM 45), Cosmic Farce (DM 50), Freedom Farce (DM 52), Nexus 5 (DM 59), Space Action 99
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not sure anyone but KGGP and the Moderators has an issue. I was merely stating that I believe the scoring was wrong based on how they explained it. Either way you are way ahead of most of us.

Me personally, I understood the declaration and accepted it as such.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The following came out of the moderator meetings between Oz, Darque, and Assur.
Khisanth's declarations were not accepted on turn 363.
This was stated in the TWX Forum thread on 1/12 and 1/19. This was communicated in Chatzy publicly on 1/19.
Private discussions between Khisanth and Consortium regarding this were intended to communicate the same.
It is unfortunate for Khisanth and KGGP to have to suffer this, but the same declaration requirements were on all teams (and several teams made multiple declarations before being 'acceptable', including one of the moderators)
Therefore, it is the moderator's decision that Khisanth is still not declared for the Turf War.
We are communicating this directly to Khisanth and La Guillotine so they can get the declaration in for turn 2.

Assur, Consortium, and Darque
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic