New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - MAY 14 MAILER - CHATS, COMMENTS, & SPOILERS
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got my tourney via normal mail today.

10 fighters sent, got one TV, and one 7-3... but I did not get turn 6 of Apprentices, on 2 different guys. anyone else missing that turn?

Looking for:
Santana of Street Walkers 5, 85-1555
Turquoise Army of Who Are You?, 22-7251

those are the ones I faced on the missing turns, if anyone has those guys or knows whose they are, please let me know.

ragnarokwolf
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't help you. I had to request reprints. I'm missing:

Eligibles Rounds 3 & up
ADM Rounds 1, 2, & 3
Apprentices Rounds 5 & up
Rookies Rounds 1, 2, & 4

Pretty much ruined Apps & rookies for me.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
Here are my top prospects for the mail-in:

Respectable Long Shots

CAPTURED PORK (Freshmen)
Take 1 Striker, season with ST and CN trains until Awesome damage and cannot take a lot, quickly sear the untouched 21 WT and then simmer the untouched 11 DF for the remainder of the tourney. CAPTURED PORK is going into the tourney with 160 total skills and should cap out at 175 +/- 5, depending on how well his training goes. He has nice favorites and has looked great in Home Guard. He has a reasonable shot at winning, I think, but there are likely to be a handful of other warriors at least as good as him in the field.

HAM BURGLAR (Contenders)
Former Bloodgames TV, ADM TC, and Eligibles TC Aimed Blow, he has struggled to hit his stride in Contenders. He has maxed physicals, skills in the 280s, super bonuses (+5 Att/+4 Par/+4 Def), weak favorite weapon, and is cursed with a bad favorite learn that had him learn the full 120 to max Defense in regular ADM. Instead of entering Contenders for the next several years going anywhere from 3-3 to 7-3, I decided to go for it with a gateway skill bust. He'll have a nice wingman in the form of a SZ 19 Lunger named SHEWISH WHALER (former Eligibles TC and 9-3 Contender from January) and I've certainly done well in this class with worse warriors. It'll be an uphill battle vs the Fist favorites, the max damaged, and the unnatural rhythm'd, though.

Slim to None

BAKED CONVINCIA (Eligibles)
This former Bloodgames TV and Freshmen RU Wall of Steel has been close before, but he'd have to get really lucky to make it into the Eligibles finals. He is at a style disadvantage and has a limited bust. He picked up 8 gateway skills before the service disruption (to go from 209 to 217) and got a challenge off against Villiage Idiot in Primus this past turn, garnering who knows how many extra skills. All he can hope for during the tourney itself is 4 additional skills. Any reasonable bust-out should surpass him by the run-offs, if not before. But you never know, right?

HEADSMAN (Champions)
IOTA DRACONIS (Champions)
CORSAIR (Adepts)
These three basic warriors will be running on favorites (for the most part), which has had an erratic impact for me in the past, but has occasionally been a huge plus. HEADSMAN and IOTA DRACONIS are both graduating Champs, so get favorites knowledge with an immortality kicker. HEADSMAN, a SZ 21 Slasher, gets to use all of his favorites at one point or another during his fights (despite lacking 8 DF for the SC!), while IOTA DRACONIS, a 21-21 Wall of Steel, is limited to just using his favorite rhythm. CORSAIR, meanwhile, is a more traditional tourney Striker and learned his favorites through a prize in the Slaughter Contest in DM 28. He gets to use his favorite weapon and favorite tactic together. All three could very easily end up in the B.A.D.D. tournies, but the favorite knowledge wildcard has me eager to see their results.

My bust-outs were busts.

My immortal Champs were immortal chumps.

Of the six warriors that I listed, only one did well. The last one, CORSAIR in Adepts, who ran on favorites (knowledge gained through an arena contest prize) looked fantastic. He used his favorite activity level vs defensives, and he used his favorite weapon and tactic vs offensives and hybrids. He started off 3-0, but then took a nasty loss to BLIZZARD of SNOW FORT, a super fast Slasher. The wins resumed until round 9, when he matched up against a Lunger by the name of DERMAL GRABBER. Things were looking good as CORSAIR made multiple attacks and landed three LS attacks that sent the Lunger desperate, but DERMAL GRABBER was able to dodge, riposte, and take over the fight. Now CORSAIR was 7-2, on the verge of missing out on a TV altogether, and facing a 9-0 Lunger named MUD KING. Luck was on CORSAIR's side in this match-up, as an opening LS crit to the face knocked poor MUD KING into the mud. Two more wins in rounds 11 and 12 brought CORSAIR from the level of the "barely TV" to the "making a run at the TC" level. Unfortunately, he was getting ahead of himself. Round 13 saw him lose easily to a faster Striker named LEIA. He finished up at 10-3. Respectable, but not good enough.

The ADM class featured two surprises for me. I had long given up on sandbaggers in this class, but since I had nothing to bust, I decided to run 5 warriors. Two were veteran sandbaggers from Freshmen of eons past (both TC'd the class) and three others were working on difficult trains in preparation of future bust-outs. The three developing warriors did as developing warrior often do. They won some, they lost some, and were eliminated early. SPARE ANCHOR and SURLY DECKHAND, on the other hand, showed that they still have the stuff! SURLY DECKHAND, my Basher, went 8-3 for a TV and SPARE ANCHOR, my Total Parry, went 12-3 for a Runner-up. Congrats to the winning Parry-Riposte, ANDRES!

At the end of the day, I had a slightly underwhelming, slightly below average tourney, but it didn't leave me crying in my milk. I was happy that RSI has recovered from the computer failure and I enjoyed the anticipation and excitement of the tourney.

My 62 entrants went 201-186-2-4 and earned 6 awards, for a 52% win percentage and ever so slightly shy of a 10% award percentage.

I hope everyone enjoyed their tournies. I won't be attending New Orleans but I'll be sending about 25 warriors to represent me, plus a Mail-In Bloodgames team. Good luck to everyone that is competing, as the tourney is fast approaching!
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We sent a mere ten - with 2 TVs.
We wish our Land Of Oz (DM47) reps had done better, but something had to pull us down. (1-9-1)
55% overall
A weak, but expectedly weak, tournament for us.

Hope all of y'all did well.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congratulations, guys!

Next stop the FtF.

50 Blades of Grey DM-99
Miserable Men DM-99
Brony Cringe DM-99
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic