New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Dark Arena – A supplemental – Rocanis Turn #640 – Volume 11
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grimwood
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

“Where are they?” Grimwood, the manager of Skull Squadron, asked the Rocani jailer known as Big Bull.

“This way.”

Grimwood breathed out an annoyed sigh and followed him through the wooden courthouse, which also served as Rocanis’ jail. The wooden boards creaked in protest under the guard’s massive weight. In one of the back rooms with old, grey cobwebs indicating it had not been in use for some time, he saw the three of them. As he entered, the odor of stale ale penetrated his nostrils. In one cell, Harbinger sat on a makeshift bed lightly touching a bruised left cheek. The Mytori Priest lay on the same bed in a fetal position rubbing his groin and moaning softly in discomfort. In a separate cell, sat Rao. His hair and shirt were wet. His hand was covering his right eye that even from where Grimwood stood, saw a nice shiner forming. As he looked over all three, each had other scrapes and bruised, so none of them had escaped the brawl at Mylar’s unscathed.

“Alright, did they start a little rough and tumble with that new stable, Weird Students?” Grimwood asked.

“No,” Big Bull replied.

“Clone Wars? Our stables mixed it up a bit last turn.”

“Nope.”

“Alright, which stable were they scrapping with at Mylar’s?”

“Skull Squadron.”

“They were fighting themselves?”

Big Bull nodded.

Grimwood looked to the three member of his stable and placed his hand to his temple trying to ward off an on-coming headache. “Who started it?”

There was silence from all three.

“I said who started it?”

“I did,” Rao replied and then gestured towards Harbinger. “She deserved it.”

“You hit a woman?” Grimwood asked as his brow rose in disbelief.

Harbinger scoffed, “You sound surprised. Rirorni treat their women as equals. If he pulled his punches, I’d bite off his ear as a reminder.”

“I don’t doubt it,” Grimwood muttered. “Now, what started it?”

“He’s a spy,” Harbinger said quietly as she glanced at Rao.

“Not this again,” Grimwood sighed.

“He is a spy!” Harbinger said louder.

“No, I am not a spy,” Rao responded.

The Mytori Priest rose to a sitting position, holding his groin, and said, “That’s exactly what I’d expect a spy to say.”

“No wonder all three of you lost last turn. You were all too busy fighting each other, than concentrating on your opponent. This behavior will cease, now! The last turn was a complete disaster.”

“Black Steel and One Eye won,” Rao said.

Grimwood mumbled, “I never thought I’d see the day when they were the only two winners.” He then continued, “All three of you looked like initiates out on the sands last turn.”

“I am an initiate,” Rao commented.

“Shut it!” Grimwood rebuked. “Now, each of you is banned from Mylar’s tavern until you each repay him fifty gold pieces.”

“That’s five wins,” all three inmates groaned in unison.

“You’re lucky the damage wasn’t worse.”

“Is there anything else?“ Harbinger asked. “Can we get out of here now?”

Big Bull folded his thick arms across his barrel-like chest and said, “Yes, but you three have too much time on your hands.”

“Agreed,” Grimwood said. “Starting tomorrow each of you will run to Spirit Ridge and back after normal training to get out any of this excess energy. That way you’ll be too tired to start any trouble.”

All three moaned in anguish.

“I think I’d rather go to the Dark Arena,” Harbinger muttered under her breath.

Grimwood stepped towards her cell. “That can be arranged.”
Grimwood
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just giving this a bump, so at least I'm seeing DM related items on the front of the forums.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum