New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 3
Overall: 22261

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Fall Mailer 2016 - Spoiler Alert!!!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The winners are as follows - Please update or correct as necessary as this is hardly complete or verified.

Posted as requested

Don't look if you truly don't want to know......

Last chance to stop peaking......

Are you really sure you want to do this?

Here it is.....

Primus - TMM/???
Contenders - TMM/TUM
Eligibles - Manne/??? Possibly TDO?
ADM - Chief 1/TUM
Freshman - HW/???
Challengers - LHI/TUM
Champions - ???/???
Adepts - ???/???
Inits - ???/???
Apps - TUM/???
Rookies - Khisanth/???

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

** UPDATED

The winners are as follows - Please update or correct as necessary as this is hardly complete or verified.

Posted as requested

Don't look if you truly don't want to know......

Last chance to stop peaking......

Are you really sure you want to do this?

Here it is.....

Primus - TMM/TMM
Contenders - TMM/TUM
Eligibles - Manne/??? Possibly TDO?
ADM - Chief 1/TUM
Freshman - HW/???
Challengers - LHI/TUM
Champions - ???/???
Adepts - ???/???
Inits - ???/???
Apps - TUM/???
Rookies - Khisanth/???

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Max murderer AB TC/ Turem AB RU rookies

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Added what I could:

Primus - TMM/TMM
Contenders - TMM/TUM
Eligibles - Manne/TDO
ADM - Chief I/TUM
Freshman - HW/OAB
Challengers - LHI/TUM
Champions - ???/???
Adepts - OAB?/???
Inits - ???/DMob
Apps - TUM/Aragorn
Rookies - Khisanth/???

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Primus - TMM/TMM
Contenders - TMM/TUM
Eligibles - Manne/TDO
ADM - Chief I/TUM
Freshman - HW/OAB
Challengers - LHI/TUM
Champions - Mr. Mojo?/???
Adepts - OAB?/???
Inits - ???/DMob
Apps - TUM/Aragorn
Rookies - Khisanth/???

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got my results today; I only sent 7, all dead, and got this guy back out of the Challengers with a 10-3 record: 15-3-7-21-17-5-17 LU!

Does anyone remember, do dead TVs get political points for the TV?

One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

With 101 entrants, this would be my biggest tourney ever. I sent in skeleton crews by proxy to the last two FtFs and did poorly in the April MI, so I was itching to have a good performance and redeem my year.

I posted information about my four best chances to TC in another thread, and I'll start by revisiting them here.

ADM

Chili Con Carnage was my 21-21 WS bust-out in this class. He trained WL to 24 prior to the tourney and trained WT to 25 during the tourney, before exiting at 3-3. Very disappointing! Meanwhile, my sandbaggers held up well, with my TP Spare Anchor earning an 8-3 TV and my zombie AB Buried Treasure coming in 3rd to Anton Chigurh and The Uptight Man. No shame in those performances.

Freshmen

As little as I had to say about my ADM bust-out, I have even less to say about my Freshmen bust-out. Dragon Fruit went 0-2. Meanwhile, an AB named Rogue Wave who I had learning skills over the line had a fantastic run that almost resulted in a TC. But he came up short vs HW's LU Highway Gambler and ended up with a runner-up.

Champions

I had pegged Corsair as my best hope in this class after his 10-3 Adepts TV, but I also had two other strong competitors in this class, an AB named Kung Pao Master and a PS named Jurine Casserole. Kung Pao Master died at 3-2, so he was out of the running early. Corsair finished up at a disappointing 4-3. But Jurine Casserole, a 9-7-8-21-21-7-11 PS, had a tremendous run and went 10-3 to tie for 3rd place. I don't get many PS TVs, so this one was especially fun to read.

Adepts

The warrior that I picked for this class was Gamma Delphini, a 9-11-6-21-20-10-7 LU with exceptional learning so far. His biggest flaw was that he had not yet proven himself in tournies, but on paper he looked like the real deal. He was the last of my four best hopes to TC, or so I thought.

Gamma Delphini got off to a strong 4-0 start before facing his first setback. He matched up with another LU named Armor Rot of Thirsty Thugs and he lost the jump. One crit from Armor Rot resulted in a knockdown and the fight was over after a few more attacks.

Things picked up again after that with another 4-0 run before matching up with a Fist AB named Should Be Fun of Frankenstein Hunt in round 10. Gamma couldn't seem to hit him at first and after a few dodges, Should Be Fun took control of the fight and started punching and kicking him. There was some more back and forth until both warriors got tired at the end of minute 2. Finally, a SS attack landed and then another in minute 3 and the fight was over. Gamma Delphini was at 9-1 after round 10.

Four fights later, Gamma Delphini was 13-1 and in the finals against, you guessed it, Should Be Fun of Frankenstein Hunt. This fight went very much the same as the round 10 fight except that after both warriors got tired, Should Be Fun finished off Gamma Delphini instead of the other way around.

Now it was a definite finals fight, with both warriors at 13-2. This fight was almost anticlimactic in its brevity. One SS crit, one hit to the right ribcage, and Should Be Fun was knocked down. Two attacks later and the fight was over, with Gamma Delphini as the Adepts TC.

So my four best TC hopes went 3-3, 0-2, 4-3, and 13-2. I'll take it.

The numbers:

101 entrants
9 awards
330-279-5-11 record

Observations:

- Of my 9 awards, there were 7 different styles represented, including the aforementioned PS TV in Champions, as well as a SL TV and PR TV in Eligibles.

- 10 of my 11 deaths were in living basic classes, so those warriors are gone for good. 2 of the 10 replacements will make very nice tourney warriors, though.

- My 13 Apprentices and 41 Rookies resulted in ONE Rookie TV. I could've cut half of my squad with little impact on my results. I'm officially done with the buy team roll-ups/run lots of Rookies tournament model. I've veered away from it before, but I have confirmed to myself that it does not fit well with my style of play. So I plan on running far far fewer Rookies in the future, with those Rookies geared completely towards developing good upper basic and ADM level warriors.

- My Primus was better than usual (did I win the PS stylemaster with Axe Murderer's 2-3?), while my Contenders did poorly. I guess my Fist ABs need some additional work.

- All in all, with a Freshmen RU, an Adepts TC, and a Dead Adepts TV, I'm incredibly pleased with my results. The terrible bloated Rookies and disappointing bust-outs can all be avoided or corrected in the future, I hope. Its not clear if I'll be attending Tempe, but I will certainly send some warriors to make things tougher for the rest of you!
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I sent in about 16 or so, roughly half living and half dead. Having skipped the spring mailer due to all of RSI's issues at the time and general apathy, I was slightly more enthused to get back on the horse this fall and try again.

Good thing I did, because I finally got some good results from my efforts to TV with my remaining missing styles and to get somebody back from the dead! I had two TVs, one living slasher, my current top warrior in Sunset, Harbinger, who went 9-3-1 in champs and at long last gave me my much sought after first ever SL TV! He had gone 7-3 in apps before so I knew he had it in him but was still very happily surprised. I have had so many slashers go 6-3 or 7-3 in the last few years you wouldn't believe it, even had one go 9-1 then die in the runoffs, which I don't count. You didn't TV if you came home in a body bag...

My other TV was in dead apprentices, getting another Sunsetter back with Razzul going 10-3-0. Without giving away too much since he'll soon be back on the sands, he was a guy I'd had on my dead list but continually passed over the last ten years or so. Definitely not a "normal" setup for his style but one I knew might do well where he was if given a chance, so I passed up a couple other nicer rollups and threw him in last minute.

He is the first warrior I've ever gotten back from the dead, so I killed off two goals in this tourney. Now I have only PL and PR left to TV with (good luck I know), and of course that first TC, which is not high on my priority list given my tourney participation and aptitude for it anyway.

I had a 17FE PL go 6-3 in adepts, too successful, now has to deal with champs. Had another living SL go 5-3-1 and my rookie in Sunset go 6-3-1, so I think I represented my home arena well this time out... Twisted Evil

Had one or two deaths, but hey they were dead already so no biggie!

Congrats to the winners and condolences to the dead and the losers.

Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Completed list of Winners/Runner Ups
Primus - TMM/TMM
Contenders - TMM/TUM
Eligibles - Manne/TDO
ADM - Chief I/TUM
Freshman - HW/OAB
Challengers - LHI/TUM
Champions - Mr. Mojo/TDO
Adepts - OAB/TMM
Inits - DMob/DMob
Apps - TUM/Aragorn
Rookies - Khisanth/Khisanth
Vladimer
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A really good tourney from my basket of deplorables. Nice to see some progress and a number of firsts.

First, the firsts, if you will:

1. Broke .500, coming in at 51% with 138 Wins and 134 Losses
2. TVd not one but two ABs in Rooks
3. Ran only 1 scum and TV'd with it, which seems to indicate I'm getting better at picking them.
4. 5 Total TVs with 3 other 7-3's
5. Came in 3rd in Adepts with losses to the eventual TC, Runner Up and Top 5 finisher. Also finished in the top five in another class.
6. Fully 1/3 of my squad went 0-2 Shocked
7. Put a loss on Filleted Minion, the bastage!

Best class: Adepts, where I ran 61%.
Worst class: Challengers, where I went 0-2 for 0% with someone I accidentally pushed over the line to 31FE

Best style: TP at 59% with 3 entered
Worst style: PR at 17% with two entered.

Here are the ones I called out pre-tourney and how they did:

AB: 9-13-10-13-13-5-21, Rooks, +3 OB INI, RIP and ATT.

This guy went 3-3.

Runner up: 7-7-8-15-17-9-21, also Rooks. The old Nebuchaneezer rollup, rolled P/G.

This guy TV'd at 8-3.

I also have a 17-17-x-21 but he's otherwise an unknown.

This guy went 0-2 Very Happy

BA: 15-5-13-21-17-8-5 Init, +2 OB luck, ADEX DEC, EX ATT

3-3

LU: Lot of fun ones here, but the clear hopeful is 9-7-8-21-21-7-11, Rooks, N/N, +3 OB ATT / INI, ADEX ATT, EX INI

This guy went 0-2 Very Happy

PL: 15-12-5-15-21-5-11, Rooks, G/N. I had a nice Champ but I accidentally pushed him over the line to Challengers, so...

1-3

PR: 17-13-9-17-8-3-17, Rooks, N/G, +3 OB DEF

1-3

PS: 15-13-8-17-17-3-11, Rooks, G/G, +2 OB DEF

3-3

SL: 11-8-15-13-21-9-7, Rook, G/G, +1 OB ATT/INI, +2 OB RIP, +4 DEF. Runner ups: 3 17/17s

2-3

ST: This is my only non-21 WT: 9-3-9-17-17-12-17, Rooks, P/N (sigh), no known bonuses

3 - 3

TP: 21-10-9-13-9-5-17, Rooks, G/R, +2 OB DEF. If I can get this guy to swing, look out!

1-3

WS: 21-8-14-17-9-4-11, Rooks, +3 OB ATT, EX ATT, N/T. I have two other, somewhat more conventional, WSs: 15-16-5-11-17-9-11 and 21-11-6-13-17-5-11

7-3, this guy was really fun. He went 7-0 before being scummed and picked apart by a couple ABs.

From the above, it's obvious I can't pick 'em as most of my good performers were elsewhere!

Grats to the winners and condolences to those freshly pushing up daisies!
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No TVs but a lot of 5-3. Not overly useful.

Had a dead challenger go 6-3 for the 5th time.
Had a dead adept go 6-3-4. Yep, 4 kills. Of course, they were already dead, so it isn't a big deal. I would have preferred 8-3-0. And he now sits at 21 FE.

Where is next summers FTF?
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic