New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22265

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - If your offended easily, dont go here!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SunGod
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Barnabas,

Yep that's kind of the run down of Tom Renshaw's bio. Put it there to back up my claims, coming second hand from you actually Wink , that Mr. Renshaw is one of the top tat artists around. Mainly because I've taken the time to look him up, and his work at your reccomendation, and because Sun God was clowning on him saying he was just OK compared to the others! Gotta' back my hometown boys ya' know! I compared all their work and as far as my untrained eye can tell they look to all be on par with each other (from what I see there's no way to differentiate when they get that good but getting best tattoo artist worldwide at one of the most recognized conventions has to mean something).

Being from a religious upbringing I doubt I would ever get a tat but if I did I would certainly have no fear of having Mr. Renshaw be the one to do my masterpiece (it would somehow involve a guitar or guitarist or both)!

Good to hear from ya' again, I've been causing such a commotion with Jiles-gate and such I've layed off most of the DM errrrr D2 talk lately! Talk at ya' sonn Exclamation

Excuse me?.....SunGod was downing on him??? Where did you get this kindof info??? Never once did i down on Tom....actually...he is one of my favorite artists, and a pretty cool dude......However I did say that he is far from the most decorated....which he is......and I also said that there are sooo many other artists out there that do/have done much more for the industry....and there are. Putting words into my mouth is not such a good idea bro.....go back and re-read the posts if you are not sure what you are writing. Evil or Very Mad

Renshaw is noted for his wildlife tattoos.....his other work is good.....but his Wildlife works are "top notch"

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have three, my first at age 16, a Chinese dragon on my forearm by The Dutchman, second I have half of my back done in a chained Grizzly bear crashing out of some trees, got the sunset/clouds/snow, the whole nine.

Third is a dragon design I pawned over for several years, quite large again, its tale wraps around the bottom of my biceps and the body fills in the upper arm to the base of my neck, the wings were (will be) incorporated in the bears sunset on my back and the neck and head reach over across to my collar bone and down my right pec aways.

However, I will never get another.
I don't like patchwork tatooing (too many small designs all clustered.) To me that is all I'll ever want and I love the work/job thats been done on them. Never in my life would I even consider going to a second rate artist. I am familiar with the names you guys are discussing but not the individuals work. Wouldn't mind seeing some though!

Maximillian

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."- Plato

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sungod,

Unbunch those panties brah'! I said clowning not downing. Sorry it's street lingo, I'd try and explain it to ya' but after such an uppity response I won't take the time, I'll let you hit the bricks and find out for yourself! BTW he's only recently delved heavily into the wildlife tattoos according to what I've seen and looked into, after his Top artist worldwide award so it appears he made his name in another genre' (looks to me like portrait work from what I've found...such as James Dean,Stevie Ray Vaughn,etc.).
Damn yep I re-read some posts and he was "Best PORTRAIT artist" guess he's not just a top notch wildlife artist! And none of this is my opinion it's other's opinions, as I said I have a "untrained eye" because I've seen nobody better just a few(the ones you mentioned) upon the same level (I guess past a certain point online photos can't show the difference when they get so detailed).

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:

Being from a religious upbringing I doubt I would ever get a tat but if I did I would certainly have no fear of having Mr. Renshaw be the one to do my masterpiece (it would somehow involve a guitar or guitarist or both)!

Are tattoos against your religion? That's a new one. I had never heard of tattoos being singled out in the bible or other Christian dogma. However, I know that our religious organizations are known to reach out and express their opinions about many things peripheral to the actual business of religion. Seems most anything beyond white collared shirts and missionary style twice a month contradicts their principles and morals.

<half tongue-in-cheek and not looking to start a religious flame war on DM.com>

Mad_Max
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:

Are tattoos against your religion? That's a new one. I had never heard of tattoos being singled out in the bible or other Christian dogma. However, I know that our religious organizations are known to reach out and express their opinions about many things peripheral to the actual business of religion. Seems most anything beyond white collared shirts and missionary style twice a month contradicts their principles and morals.

Tattoos are against most religions that follow the old and/or new Testaments.
SunGod
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mad_Max wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

However....there are some religions where tattoos are used in worship. Many tribals used/use tattoos to honor and please their "Gods".

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SunGod wrote:
Mad_Max wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

However....there are some religions where tattoos are used in worship.
Many tribals used/use tattoos to honor and please their "Gods".

On a side note....in case you didnt know this.....there is a "Christian Tattoo Artist Association". Just wanted to point that out what with the against old/new testament post and all.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SunGod wrote:
On a side note....in case you didnt know this.....there is a "Christian Tattoo Artist Association". Just wanted to point that out what with the against old/new testament post and all.

That's all well and good. However, it still remains according to many interpretations according to the Bible tattoos are still a sin.

"Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord." - Leviticus 19:28
SunGod
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mad_Max wrote:
SunGod wrote:

That's all well and good. However, it still remains according to many interpretations according to the Bible tattoos are still a sin.

"Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord." - Leviticus 19:28

Laughing . . .oooookkkkk.... Twisted Evil Mad Max the preacher. . .Its a quote from a book, I think that its better. . .for your pride and my account here at Duel2, that we dont get into that. Agreed Question Laughing . . .Sheesh

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mad_Max wrote:
SunGod wrote:

BAM! Check out Mad Max quoting the scriptures on demand. You're less of an unwashed heathen than Soultaker and Sandman let on. And clearly my biblical knowledge is from my childhood and fairly well limited.

I stand corrected.

Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SunGod wrote:
Mad_Max wrote:
SunGod wrote:

Laughing . . .oooookkkkk.... Twisted Evil Mad Max the preacher. . .Its a quote from a book, I think that its better. . .for your pride and my account here at Duel2, that we dont get into that. Agreed Question Laughing . . .Sheesh

No lie. That discussion and those that would ensue might never end and can be the source of much irritation and animosity even between the closest of friends. I like to dabble my toes every once in a while, but generally try to avoid taking a head to toe bath in those conversations.

indimar
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just happened to be speaking to God this morning and he likes ink as long as you stay away from the twisted demonic stuff. OOH! Tough break for Barnabas . Wink

Indimar

Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SunGod, I'll agree, Mr. Renshaw's wildlife work is great but he was also voted the best at portraits two years ago also, and that was a world wide vote. there are many great tattoo artists though, I will agree with that.

Youngblood, yeah I got a bunch of tats, got the Harley to go with them also, and probably the attitude too Cool As far as macho, don't worry about it bro, we all started with none, tattoos don't make the man anyway. they are cool if you're into them though, I definitely like them. Sounds like what you have is cool. Hang tuff bro!

Barnabas

I was BAD TO THE BONE
indimar
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Barnabas wrote:
Youngblood, yeah I got a bunch of tats, got the Harley to go with them also, and probably the attitude too Cool

Don't forget humility, you are just loaded with that too. Rolling Eyes

Indimar

p.s.
I have dozens of tatttoos but I only use fleshtone ink.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

>Seems most anything beyond white collared shirts and missionary style >twice a month contradicts their principles and morals.

Good one Trav, thats the just too fu__ing funny!

Maximillian

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."- Plato

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic