New Yesterday: 3
Overall: 22261

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 260
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Manta wrote:
Nice tourney Den.

Thank you, you should have been there.

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
Vladimer
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dense wrote:
I am certain you keep a dictionary on hand to help you throughout the day as multi-syllabic words are spoken to you

No, Dense, I keep a dictionary on hand to avoid looking like a moron by putting hyphens unnecessarily in multisyllabic words.

Dense wrote:
and then you quickly run to the bathroom to rip through the pages to understand what was just said.

No, I just had to pee. And poop.

Dense wrote:
At no point in time did I claim higher favor for missing fights.

No, you just whined how it couldn't possibly be your fault, while apparently it is every other manager's if they miss a part of a turn. I like how you make it sound like it was RSI's fault you missed the fights:

Dense wrote:
2 of the fights I missed were directly related to RSI saying my strats arrived late..

Because RSI said your strats arrived late, THAT's why you missed the fights. Got it. Gosh, I sure hope they don't tell me any of my strats arrived late, or I'd be really pissed at them too for, well, me not putting my fights in the mail earlier!

I just realized, you're our own little Trump!

Dense wrote:
Trust me, getting your overviews is not going to help you in a decision in regards to DA, just do it, they will likely fail in your hands anyway.

Yes, that is probably true. But I like to pretend it makes a difference.
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Vladgina wrote:

No, Den, I keep a dictionary on hand to avoid looking like a moron by putting hyphens unnecessarily in multisyllabic words.

No, I just had to pee. And poop.

No, you just whined how it couldn't possibly be your fault, while apparently it is every other manager's if they miss a part of a turn. I like how you make it sound like it was RSI's fault you missed the fights:

Because RSI said your strats arrived late, THAT's why you missed the fights. Got it. Gosh, I sure hope they don't tell me any of my strats arrived late, or I'd be really pissed at them too for, well, me not putting my fights in the mail earlier!

I just realized, you're our own little Trump!

Yes, that is probably true. But I like to pretend it makes a difference.

I have often marveled how cute it is when from time to time a sad little manager will jump up and try to be recognized as the one who will finally put the big mean Den in his place. Trust me little fella, it won't be you. It is pathetic how you attempt to surgically dissect each of my statements just hoping you can find that prized kernel to exploit.

Let me attempt to do the same, albeit I may not be as talented as you, because I have something that keeps my attention elsewhere...you know...a life. You should invest into one at some point, if it is not too late.

You noted that you like to "pretend" in hopes it makes a difference. I am guessing pretending is something you are well suited to (notice the D2 pun inserted there, pretty clever huh?). Let's see, you pretend someone actually cares to see you in the morning, you pretend owning 120lbs of latex in the form of a woman is normal, you pretend mullets are stylish, you pretend owning a wardrobe purchased at the town's finest flea market is cool, you pretend trolling me somehow raises your standing in the community, you pretend everyone does not laugh at you instead of with you, you pretend your desire for acceptance is not the major driving force in your life, and you pretend that knot in your stomach is from the cat food you are forced to eat instead of the sad acceptance of your failure.

Go ahead Vladgina, spend another few days formulating your response, pacing around mom's basement while frothing at your angry little mouth. At least it will keep you off the streets and hopefully innocence will remain innocent.

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Den wrote:

the one who will finally put the big mean Den in his place.

You called?

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Manta
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
Den wrote:

You called?

He called himself.
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Manta wrote:
gentleben wrote:
Den wrote:

You called?

He called himself.

Huh? Womanta, your attempted insults are getting more stupid with every posting.

Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
Den wrote:

You called?

You did in 32...ugh!

KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow. On a positive note, there have been many more views and posts for the DM81 forum than usual. On the negative side, most of it hasn't been nice.

I have the flu -- have HAD the flu -- for the past few days. Yeah, and it sucks. Staying home from work today, then staggering back to the little darlings who passed this on to me. I am not feeling up to a spotlight for the next newsletter. Crying or Very sad

HOWEVER, since there are obviously many strong feelings present, perhaps one of you could step up and write a vignette utilizing your DM characters to express your views...?? You seem to have the ability, the wit, and your spelling seems accurate. Also, a couple of you have admitted to using a dictionary as needed. This is a good thing. Try a thesaurus; it helps too. Wink I look forward to reading your spotlights. Den, I don't think you've ever described your character, have you? Or your team, really. Well, I hope at least one of the debaters will write something... creative and entertaining. Why not? Cool

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Den wrote:
Manta wrote:
gentleben wrote:
Den wrote:

You called?

He called himself.

Huh? Womanta, your attempted insults are getting more stupid with every posting.

Gaslight. Project. Repeat.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum