New Yesterday: 2
Overall: 22263

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 16 - 5 - 3 - 14 - 11 - 12 - 9
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah. Looks great, right? Laughing At first I thought so too. Then I kept running the numbers at TerraBlood's site and kept getting 'Does Little Damage', which I figure is sort of the 'Kiss of Death'. The con is low, so I'm thinking 'offensive style', but I have to crank the ST up pretty high to have a CHANCE at 'good' damage. What to do?

Eventually, I decided on 17-5-3-17-17-13-12 LU.

However, I haven't submitted this yet. Also, I don't particularly like lungers. Never graduated one; rarely run them. I don't even know if this set up would WORK well as a LU! I also considered SL, but I much prefer a higher DF for a SL. Now, I realize that numbers like this don't come along often, and I don't want to blow it, even though I'm certain it'll die before graduating. But, I want to make the most of it while I can. (Hopefully it'll die with a record like 15-2-2...)

With such a high ST I would normally go Basher, but don't think that the size would work in my favor and I'm anxious about doing merely 'Normal' damage, which (given the frailness of this fighter) would be equivalent to the "Kiss of Death". Crying or Very sad

Thoughts?

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

16-5-3-14-11-12-9--> 21-5-3-17-17-12-9 ST/BA/SL/LU

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't see where you're seeing little damage on the warrior generator. Using Tblood database and just bumping it one point to 17 gets only possibilities for good or a slim shot at great.

Your lunger design is a safe bet but I'd go 12 SP- 13 DF and get your base attack to 16 and another defense skill to boot.

If the WT could get to 21 this would be a truly great size 3 rollup. As is it's close enough for me to try a modified burner with it:

17-5-3-20-16-12-11 SL/LU or even ST.

Wait on the burns if you have the patience or pop that cherry early and try for lower tourney bracket glory. Your choice! Nice rollup, good luck!

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
I don't see where you're seeing little damage on the warrior generator. Using Tblood database and just bumping it one point to 17 gets only possibilities for good or a slim shot at great.

Your lunger design is a safe bet but I'd go 12 SP- 13 DF and get your base attack to 16 and another defense skill to boot.

If the WT could get to 21 this would be a truly great size 3 rollup. As is it's close enough for me to try a modified burner with it:

17-5-3-20-16-12-11 SL/LU or even ST.

Wait on the burns if you have the patience or pop that cherry early and try for lower tourney bracket glory. Your choice! Nice rollup, good luck!

This is what Consortiumites would do. Love this guy as a SL

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Manta
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Take it this guy is in Shadowspire and that's the only reason I would go a different course than Stik and Consortium. Otherwise I love the 20 WT burner. I lean to 17-7-3-17-17-12-11 for a LU to make as sure as possible to get good endurance. Also like, maybe more so than a lunger, 17-5-3-17-17-14-11 Striker, Basher, Slasher. Mmm, mighty midget basher. Congrats on that one!
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The burner idea is good. I just don't feel comfortable with that low DF. Originally I left the ST at 16. Almost 50% chance of normal damage or less... I bumped it to 17 and easily avoided that, but I dislike raising ST so high.

(Confused sigh Confused ) This sort of rollup makes me happy and irritated at the same time. I KNOW to make the most of the rollup, but I have strong urges to tinker and pull it towards a style/design I feel more comfortable with.

That said, I'll probably flip a coin for burner vs my original inclinations. Hey, since I don't play ADM I'll probably raise WL, DF, and CN anyway. Cool The only lingering apprehension revolves around running a LU. It's one of three styles I tend to stay away from. It's just 10-10-7 all the way across, and Dodge in desperation, right?

I appreciate the ideas. And yes, of course, she's going to be Search the Sky's latest draft pick.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shocked

50 Blades of Grey DM-99
Miserable Men DM-99
Brony Cringe DM-99
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shocked