New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - HERE at the KCFTF
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Arrived 9:30AM KC time. (CST)
Waiting on the room. (Were packed last night)
Haven't seen much, as we Consortiumites sit in the lounge, waiting .........
BIG motel!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
FLOYD1
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pictures or it didn't happen
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm here too--not at rg hotel tonight since I have friends in the area. But hit me up if something happens. I'm a semi-local so I know where to go!
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, we missed you and 10 of us went to Stackhouse at zona Rosa for BBQ dinner. See you tomorrow, Manager.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The newsletter link is live:

http://www.reality.com/ff59con.htm

Enjoy the FtF, everyone!
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HERE BE SPOILERS

The FtF in Kansas City has just wrapped up, and I thought I'd do a little write-up on my tourney. I didn't attend, but I sent 17 entries with HowlinWolf as my proxy.

Total Entrants: 17
Breakdown By Style: 5 AB, 3 LU, 2 SL, 1 of everything else
Breakdown By Class: 4 Primus, 2 Contenders, 2 Eligibles, 3 ADM, 3 Freshmen, 3 Challengers

I decided to skip the trip to Kansas City, but sent a slimmed down squad. I figured that HowlinWolf would be busy with his own warriors, so I was very selective about my crew and all were capable of running pretty well on auto-pilot should the need arise. It turned out to be unnecessarily cautious, as HW was on top of everything once he woke up on Saturday morning!

I rated my chances of TCing pretty low before the tourney. I gave myself a 5% chance in Contenders and Freshmen, a 1% chance in ADM, and a 0.5% chance in Eligibles and Challengers. In Primus I gave myself exactly 0% chance.

In Primus, I was competing for stylemaster awards with 3 warriors and working on SP trains with a 4th. They did as expected, and finished up at 2-3, 1-4, 0-5, and 0-5.

In Contenders, I felt that I had two strong competitors, but the odds would still be stacked against them. My wingman for the class was a SZ 19 LU named SHEWISH WHALER. He had previously gotten 8-3 and 9-3 TVs in the class, so I knew he was capable of doing well. With Unearthly damage, he was fully capable of beating anyone in the class: all he needed was a lucky hit.

My top warrior was a prize modified Fist AB named SNAKE OIL SALESMAN who was at all 25 except for SZ and SP and was learning skills over the line into Primus. He had previously been runner-up in ADM, won a TC in Eligibles, and had gone 7-3 in Contenders in April, so I felt that with a WT train to 25 after the freeze and with lots of gateway skill learning, he would have a small but reasonable chance to TC. Boy was I wrong!

SNAKE OIL SALESMAN looked good in all of his fights, but he just couldn't get the wins. He finished up at 305 total skills and exited the tourney at 3-3. Meanwhile, SHEWISH WHALER went on a great run and eliminated a number of TC-quality ABs before running into the eventual TC, SCOOTIE PUFF JR. He was eliminated in the final 4, but added a nice 11-3 Contenders TV to his resume.

My two entries in Eligibles were still developing, and they proved it in the tourney by both going 1-3.

In ADM, I had three entries, two prize created warriors (an AB and LU) who were learning skills over the line and one natural sandbagger (a BA). Wouldn't you know it, but the AB and LU were eliminated at 5-3 and 3-3, while the BA, SURLY DECKHAND, started out 8-0-1. Fun stuff! Unfortunately, the 9th round was where the fun ended. He got beat in the 9th, 10th, and 11th rounds to finish at 8-3-1. Still, that is his second ADM TV after a long career of sandbagging in Freshmen, so its nice to see him still striking terror into the hearts of orcs.

In Freshmen, something similar occurred. I ran two warriors learning skills over the line (an AB and a PL), and one warrior near the line that was looking for tough trains (a PR). Sure enough, the AB and PL went 6-3 and 3-3, while the PR hit two ST trains, picked up a new damage rating, and went on a tear. GRAHAM CRACKER didn't have quite what it took to beat the bust-outs, but he still managed to make it to the final 4 and get a 10-3 TV. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in the class in October.

Challengers was about as exciting for me as Eligibles was. My three entries went 2-3, 2-3, and 1-3. Nothing to see here.

When all was said and done, my ragtag group of 17 entrants went 59-56-1 (no actual gladiators were killed during the filming of this event, only one CAPTURED ORC) and earned themselves 3 TVs. Not too shabby! I managed to get a pretty big bang for my buck with that small crew. Thanks to HW for doing such a great job proxying. I really felt like I was there!

In the end, this is how the tournament classes shook out:

Primus: TMM over TMM, AB over AB
Contenders: TMM over Anarchist, AB over AB
Eligibles: Anarchist over TMM, AB over WS
ADM: TMM over Otto X, AB over PR
Freshmen: Crip over Howlin Wolf, AB over ST
Challengers: Khisanth over TMM, AB over SL
Champions: Mannequin over TMM, PL over LU
Adepts: Mannequin over Floyd, SL over TP
Initiates: Vlad over Kharadmon, LU over ST
Apprentices: Dmobster over Floyd, LU over ST
Rookies: Floyd over TDO, ST over LU

Overall, it was a pretty diverse crew of both managers and styles. Perhaps a few too many AB TCs, but we can't have everything, right? Congrats to all the winners and better luck next time to the runner-ups.

And as if the regular tourney wasn't enjoyable enough, I managed to get a warrior out of the MI Bloodgames! 12 years ago this summer, I got my first Bloodgames grad, a 17-3-3-21-21-12-7 SL named SUSHI SLINGER who I still run to this day in Primus tournies. My newest Bloodgames grad used the same design. ETA ANDROMEDAE of ANDROMEDA started out with Great damage, an EXPERT in ATTACK and an EXPERT in DECISE. And even with all that, he barely made it out, coming in 5th place behind 2 ABs and 2 WSs. Once I received his favorites, I figured out why. The gods of Alastari give with one hand and they take with the other. His favorites are SH, mod/low, no tactics, Parry learn. If I were going to pick what favorites I didn't want, those would be it! But on balance, I'm super excited to have gotten a second SL out of the Bloodgames, and I look forward to see what this 17-3-3-21-21-12-7 SL can do in Freshmen, ADM, and Eligibles, crappy favorites and all.

Despite not attending, I had a great time participating in the summer FtF. Thanks again to HW for proxying me, congrats to all the TC and BG winners, and I look forward to battling out again in the October MI!
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would like to congratulate our table of The Consortium, Crip, and Mannequin for 3 TCs! We were all sooooo good! Mannequin for whining and TCing - twice; Crip for whining and TCing once; and The Consortium for extra whining and the most important part of reading 4 winning fights for the table, allowing his table mates to TC three times.

Congrats to Mannequin and Crip for TCing (and carrying me).

The Consortium results were the most terrible ever .....
58 entered; 1 only TV (rook AB)
48% W-L
loosing the Word vs BOB grudges 3-6 , and having his rookie TV aimer lose to a scum in those grudges

Thank goodness his tablemates didn't rub it in too much. (yet)

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Like a dummy, somehow we missed another TV (Inits) - so our miserable FTF had 2 TVs - just the same number as we had terrific table mates.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic