New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22255

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 277
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well unfortunately losing $200 a month in pay has klled my Duelmasters budget, so until I can play every turn I will be back to just updating the Shadowspire HOF.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That sucks, dude! I hope something changes and you can come back quick. It is awesome having you in there each turn.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I feel genuine sympathy for you, Visionist. Also, I sincerely empathize with you.

When I have had to drop out for a month here or there (or longer) it hurt, sort of. This is a very entertaining game (as is Hyborean War) and the PBM format offers a unique experience that easily becomes addictive.

That said, I have had to severely cut back on my play for years now. Ironically, when I first started playing in the 90's I was running three teams and playing HW simultaneously. That may not seem like a lot to some RSI players, but I was also making less than half what I do now. (And hey, I'm a middle school teacher, so I'm not making much more than a few dollars over minimum wage now, once my monthly pay is divided by the hours I put in.) But when I first got into RSI, I was willing to sacrifice a lot just to play this game... and it's just a game, right? Wink

Assorted circumstances forced me to quit for about a decade, and since I've returned to the game I've had to reduce my level of participation because I just don't want to spend the money on it... I'd rather my pay make it to the end of the month. [Budgeting and saving for retirement -- two of the many hard little truths nobody talks about while you're growing up. Crying or Very sad ]

If I could, I'd be back to three teams and HW. I was getting something in the mail twice a week and it was fun, fun, FUN. And lately I've been toying with the idea of joining the other non-tourney arena, but... being without it for a while made me realize that I can find other ways of entertaining myself and enjoying life. Heresy, perhaps, but true. When RSI had to shut down for a month or so because of an unexpected power surge, I just went on to something else until it came back up. I almost didn't return, quite honestly. I'm more than busy enough, if I actually get to do what I'm supposed to be doing! Rolling Eyes

Well, all that to say: I feel your pain, but take heart! Circumstances tend to be fluid; I'm sure you'll return to this fair city soon. Of course, you may not be able to manage as many teams as you have in the past, but Shadowspire (hosting the best arena in the game) will always be ready to receive you warmly, and Search the Sky's gladiators will always be willing to slay your warriors for a very modest price. And who knows? Maybe Otto's will kick in a few 'Buy One - Get One Free' coupons. Wink

Good luck and God Bless!

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And oh, yeah -- Search the Sky went 2-3-0 last turn, but two were Dark Arena 'specials'. The circumstances were somewhat unusual -- I believe the story came out in the newsletter. At any rate, the two new recruits are very similar and both share the same style. I hope they do well... Confused

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum