New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - NEW CONTEST!!!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
theDarkOne
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Announcing an ALL NEW Arena Contest for DM 32 – Arvat!

INAUGURAL ARVAT CONTEST SUPREME…

Who can join? Anyone with a team in Arvat as of 2/1/2018.

When does it start? First turn due after 2/1/2018
How long does it run? 13 turns

How do I join? Announce your manager name and team name in the Arvat newsletter prior to 2/1/2017 and state that you are entering the contest. Prior to the contest actually starting you need to have 2 rollup certs sent to the Dark One care of RSI.

How do I win the contest? The team which has accrued the most points as of the end of the 13th turn is the winner. The team which has the 2nd most points is declared the runner up. And the team which has the 3rd most points is declared honorable contender. Everyone else is a loser and should be ridiculed.

How do I score points?
1.) Every challenge you win vs. another team in the contest = 10 points, as long as that challenge is to a warrior equal to or above yours in the rankings. Except for the Duelmaster who can challenge anyone he wants.
2.) You also earn bonus points for every challenge won. For every point of recognition your target is ranked above you, you earn one bonus point. This is for challenges only.
3.) If you are challenged by a warrior below you and defeat him, you will gain 5 points.
4.) Also every random matchup against a contest team that you win will earn you 5 points – up or down.
5.) You CAN downchallenge, however you get no points for doing so, and if you are beaten, your opponent will earn 10 points and the right to ridicule you in the newsletter.
6.) Bloodfeud challenges count just like regular challenges during the contest.
7.) In addition there are the following bonus points that are awarded each turn:
A.) Duelmaster earns 10 points
B.) Graduating a warrior earns 10 points
C.) Recognition Leader (Chartered or Unchartered) earns 5 points (if the Duelmaster is the recognition leader as well, then only the DM points apply)
D.) Popularity Leader earns 5 points
E.) Turn’s most popular earns 5 points
F.) Top team on the move earns 5 points
G.) Current Top team earns 10 points
H.) Any warrior that earns a Tournament Champion in either the April Mail In or July FTF tournament earns 20 points
I.) Any warrior that earns a Tournament Victor in either of those tournaments earns 10 points
J.) Note that Top Chartered and Unchartered team awards do NOT earn points

What are the rules regarding other teams in the arena? If you challenge any warriors not participating in the contest you LOSE 20 points, unless the challenged warrior is the Duelmaster. If any manager has a 2nd (or 3rd) team in the arena they may NOT challenge any warrior of any team participating in the contest or they are DISQUALIFIED.

What do I win if I win this contest?
1.) The winner wins all of the rollup certificates given as entry fee for the contest. In addition, the winner gets to pick 3 of the prizes below.
2.) The runner up gets to pick 2 of the prizes below.
3.) The honorable contender gets to pick one of the prizes below.
In addition, all competitors in the contest who run all 13 turns and at least 62 total fights will earn a potion of +1 bonus, which must be used on a warrior who participated at least 1 fight in the contest.

Also, the team that scores the most points on any one turn of the contest (other than the winner, runner up or honorable contender) can pick one prize that was NOT selected by those three.

Prizes:
1.) Limited stat switch (You can swap any 2 stats you want on an Arvat replacement rollup that you received within the next 6 month)
2.) Extra replacements (Next time you get a replacement (or whenever you want within 6 months) in Arvat you can ask RSI for 5 additional replacements and select the best one for your team)
3.) Limited damage bump (You can pick one warrior on your Arvat team to move up one damage class – as long as he remains in-bounds for his ST/SZ stats)
4.) Favorite weapon knowledge (You learn the favorite weapon of one of your Arvat warriors – must be on the team during the contest)
5.) Favorite rhythm knowledge (You learn the favorite offensive effort and activity level of one of your Arvat warriors, who most have been on your team during the contest.)
6.) Shrinking potion (You get to take 3 points of size away from an Arvat replacement during the next 6 months and add the 3 points to another stat – both SZ and the other stat must remain in bounds)
7.) Extra skills (Any one of your warriors in Arvat learns 3 extra skills of your choice (no more than 2 can be in the same area and must be in bounds)
8.) Extra train (Any one of your Arvat warriors gets an extra stat train in the area of your choice – and must be in bounds)
9.) The Dark One’s Massive Rollup prize (You get 50 team sheets, at random, from the Dark One’s massive pile of teams. Most will be mediocre at best, but there are plenty of decent to good warrior prospects in there!)
All prizes must be applied within 6 months from the end of the tournament, must be on Arvat warriors on the team that participated in the contest and must be in bounds.
theDarkOne
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How do I join? Announce your manager name and team name in the Arvat newsletter prior to 2/1/2018 and state that you are entering the contest. Prior to the contest actually starting you need to have 2 rollup certs sent to the Dark One care of RSI.
Manta
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In.
theDarkOne
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's a reminder that time is running out for the Arvat Contest!

If you're planning on joining, sign up ASAP.

Turn 827 is the first turn after 2/1 (Due 2/6/1Cool, so in order to participate you must announce in the Arvat newsletter by turn 826 and rollup certs must be received by turn 827 also.

As of right now contestants are:

the Dark One (certs received)
Gentleben (certs received)

With verbal statements that they will be participating from Manta and La Guillotine.

So join now or be left out in the cold!
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's cold in Arvat?

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
FLOYD1
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

College Radio will be participating in the Arvat contest.
Khisanth
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Trillium 12 would like to join your contest...
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll be participating in the contest.

The lack of points for successful down-challenges is under protest.

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
theDarkOne
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds good, guys. Please order your certs from Sandy - have them sent to me. And announce in the newsletters.
theDarkOne
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As of right now contestants are:

the Dark One (certs received)
Gentleben (certs received)
OAB (certs receivied)
La Guilotine (certs received)

With verbal statements that they will be participating from Manta, Floyd, Mannequin, Khisanth and Den

We're getting there! Don't be left out! You need to announce in the next Arvat Newsletter which is due TODAY!!!
Darkheart
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I will be in with Iron Cathedral. Can't let Den enter a contest and not accost him! Twisted Evil

p.s. - The team is BAD (probably should have left the Obsidian Hall stable in Arvat) but I just can't ignore contests right now!

2015 Crapgiver
TWX Champion!

The Holy Legion - DM 10
Obsidian Hall - DM 33
Iron Cathedral - DM 52
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I count 14 teams that have declared for this contest (over the previous three or four turns of newsletters).

Since there is no official team list and I plan to mail my strategies out on Monday, I am operating under the assumption that any challenge I make against a team that has declared in the personal ads will count as a challenge vs another team in the contest regardless of whether they get their team certs in on time.

I would hate to be penalized 20 points because someone declared but didn't get their certs in!
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Darkheart wrote:
I will be in with Iron Cathedral. Can't let Den enter a contest and not accost him! Twisted Evil

p.s. - The team is BAD (probably should have left the Obsidian Hall stable in Arvat) but I just can't ignore contests right now!

I look forward to the accosting, I mean seriously, who doesn't enjoy a good accosting???

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
theDarkOne
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is the official list for the contest. These teams are IN the contest. However... The BOLD teams are the ones I currently have certificates for. If I don't have your certificates OR at least a copy of an e-mail from/to RSI stating that the certs are requested prior to TURN 1 running, you will be disqualified. So if you have not done so yet - e-mail RSI immediately. If you HAVE, just send me a copy of the e-mail to RSI.

Per OAB's question - yes - you can challenge any of these teams without penalty and to acquire bonus points. Best of luck everyone, except when you fight my guys.

The Dark One

Manager Team Name
DD IRON CATHEDRAL

DEN BIG LAKE NOMADS

FLOYD COLLEGE RADIO

GENTLEBEN SECRET SQUIRRELS

HOWLIN WOLF B.I.G.

KHISANTH TRILLIUM 12

LA GUILLOTINE THE DELIRIUM RULES

MANNEQUIN FRIEND OR FOE?

MRM THE FREE FOLK

OAB - TUCANA

PAPAIZ BOOK OF THOMAS

SHADOW-WALKER DEN OF THIEVES

THE DARK ONE DEVIL ADVOCATES

UYPHY THE DREAD SHIP UYPHY
theDarkOne
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got certs for Papaiz/Book of Thomas yesterday.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic