New Yesterday: 3
Overall: 22261

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - ADM Tourney Classes
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
roadkill
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know this has been asked many times, and trust me, I've searched every forum on this site, but each posting leaves me with another question.

When figuring out which class an ADM fighter will be in I've always been led to believe it was the following formula....

Starting skill base (plus luck bonuses) + Total skills learned (including skills from stat raises) + 2 X number of stat raises

I did find the projected cut-off for each class, but I'm not sure how accurate the above formula is. The few fighters I sent in last tourney fought in a lower class than what this formula projected (and they still got their butts kicked, badly).

As I said, I scoured the forums and most of the posts were very old. Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated.
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That formula is pretty outdated, although I'm sure some people still use it.

I generally just use total skills (base + luck + learned + trained), with the caveat that the warrior has a "normal" number of trains for their class.

Trains still matter, so if you have an extremely high number of trains, you need to aim lower with total skills, and if you have an extremely low number of trains, you should really just train ST and CN a bunch more.

Using total skills (with a reasonable number of trains), the ADM lines are approximately as follows:

Primus: 291+
Contenders: 211-290
Eligibles: 181-210
ADM: 151-180
Freshmen: 0-150

ABs get penalized by 10 skills, so you have to aim 10 skills lower for that style.

BAs get an extra 5 skills of leeway, so you can aim a little higher with that style.

These are just approximations and the line moves around a little bit each tourney, so your mileage may vary.
roadkill
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks OAB!!!

I even had the projected cut-off lines a little off. The AB and BA skill adjustment was also news to me. Guess that's what happens when you take a decade off.

Using your formula, my fighters all fought in the correct class.........they just weren't ready to compete yet.

Again I thank you, and now I owe you one!!!
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

roadkill wrote:
Thanks OAB!!!

I even had the projected cut-off lines a little off. The AB and BA skill adjustment was also news to me. Guess that's what happens when you take a decade off.

Using your formula, my fighters all fought in the correct class.........they just weren't ready to compete yet.

Again I thank you, and now I owe you one!!!

I made him say all that so technically you can owe me..... Rolling Eyes

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:

Using total skills (with a reasonable number of trains), the ADM lines are approximately as follows:

I just want to highlight that 'approximately' word. Nobody understands the lines perfectly. Every attempted approximation of a formula I've seen breaks on some warriors. Even the managers who keep the best information on the lines miss on warriors.

Another good rule of thumb to follow is:
The more competitive a warrior is in a class, the more conservative you should really be with the warrior. If a warrior is less competitive, feel free to push them closer to the lines.
roadkill
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Assurnasirbanipal wrote:
One Armed Bandit wrote:

I just want to highlight that 'approximately' word. Nobody understands the lines perfectly. Every attempted approximation of a formula I've seen breaks on some warriors. Even the managers who keep the best information on the lines miss on warriors.

Another good rule of thumb to follow is:
The more competitive a warrior is in a class, the more conservative you should really be with the warrior. If a warrior is less competitive, feel free to push them closer to the lines.

Thanks, that's good information to know. Makes me think I pushed one in the freshman class a little to far, but since it's a basher I may have gotten away with it.

Once again, thanks for the info!
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic