New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Planning a return
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Valuthor
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello,
I have played on and off since around 1993 prob the last time was 5-10 years ago. Looking to give it a go again, I am looking for an active arena,the more warriors the better, and some Roleplay if possible, I used to play in arena 10 but looking at the newsletter it seems empty. 33 looks populated and the same with 81.

Any advice, I am also getting a frien to try it.
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back! 21, 32 and 33 are probably the most active arenas, with 33 being the most.....interesting.....as far as diplomacy goes. 81 is the most like "old school" duelmasters, the way it was before tournaments became the primary focus. 81 isn't quite as social as it used to be but the competition is very good.

I play in both 33 and 81 regularly. Hope to see you soon!

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Valuthor,

Welcome back! Regarding role playing, I'd also recommend 100 when you start graduating gladiators to ADM. I've been running continuous spotlights there for the past few years.

Good luck on the sands!

Manager - Skull Squadron, Health Alteration Squad, Legion of Death #100
http://markgmanley.wixsite.com/duelmasters
Vladimer
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back! I would strongly recommend a no-tourney arena (DM20 or DM81 run twice a month) as one of your choices. The reason being that there is no hidden fight experience from tourneys in a warrior's record. If you see someone at 8-2, that's all the fights they have.

The skill of the remaining manager base has become incredibly distilled over the years, so it's very competitive. Much easier to maintain sanity out of the gate by fighting on the level playing field of a non-tourney arena. You'll find the other arenas rife with warriors with an often ridiculous amount of hidden FE and thus skills.

One other suggest: Arena 93 is specifically designed for new (and I might suggest returning) players. You run (I think) 10 rounds there and then can transfer to an arena after that. The NL every turn is filled with great advice from The Consortium, Assur and others. It might be a good way to get your legs under you before hitting the deep end of the pool.

When you get your initial team rollup(s), would also suggest running the base numbers by the Chatzy crew, who are incredibly helpful with warrior design.

Have fun!
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Strongly suggest reading the past newsletters in 93, the articles will help you "catch up" with the current knowledge base.

While the best arena in the game, 33 is a bloodbath and I would suggest you stay away.

Enjoy!

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great advice at "trying a restart in DM93". (It is 10 turns -then transfer to another arena.)

Also agree with the DM81 (and 20) comments. Good place.

Otherwise look at all the past newsletters and see what best fits you as to size and gaming and diplomacy.

Will suggest DM11. Guaranteed Andorian and welcoming to newbies/returnees.

WELCOME HOME!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back. DM-8 also could use some teams. It is a slow arena though.

50 Blades of Grey DM-99
Miserable Men DM-99
Brony Cringe DM-99
Valuthor
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello
Got my character roll-ups yesterday, filled out but need to pick up some stamps.

It is not in an envelope yet but I think I am going to Arena 33, I do not want to be held back from tournaments in the future and think I may have a prize on my account from 10 years ago or so. (not sure if I used it or what it even was).
I asked for details on my old characters to be sent if RSI has them.

I have a friend that may play, he has never played before and is waiting for his set up. Hopefully, he gets them in the next day or two.
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DM 33 is a bold move. Just so you know, there are a bunch of teams that take great joy in down-challenging new teams. For a hamburger, I will tell you who to avoid.

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
Valuthor
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How about I owe you a hamburger Smile.

Im not to worried about the down challenging, I used to do it occasionally myself. I probably will do a roll up for arena 82 once I get these warriors going.

With this new roll up I unfortunately only have one warrior worth keeping 19 wil 21 wit lunger.

1 slightly above average

2 average

1 destined for the dark arena, but ill have some fun with his huge size and strength first.
Vladimer
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First down challenging group to avoid in 33: Den's. Any Big Lake _____ team warrants an avoid.

Your mention of a 21 WT / 19 WL warrior raised my eyebrow. It's your team and of course I defer to you as to your preferences... That said, I know of maybe a warrior in a hundred that people might set up as a 21 WT / 20 WL. It might make perfect sense to go with 21/19; that said, it may also make sense to go with 21/17 and use those 2 points elsewhere. A 21/17 design is both very common and highly sought after.

I guess I am trying to say 21/19 is a very unusual design, though not unheard of.

Good luck in 33!
Valuthor
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok changed to 21 / 17

Thanks for the input.

Just dropped the sheet off at my work mailroom so should get the character sheets soon.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck in 33. We hope your RUs come out blessed. Most importantly - enjoy.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck in 33. We hope your RUs come out blessed. Most importantly - enjoy.

Valuthor
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks all, 2 games in as the Veiled Society in arena 33. The turns can't come fast enough.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic