New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - RSI Blackout
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
I tried for FIVE MONTHS to get my maintenance turned off for my team in 45, and apply my meager +1 bonus prize.

Maintenance turned off when I hit about -$80 so I dropped altogether.... Haven't played in over a year! Seems like the right choice now!

Wow! That sucks. My situation was frustrating as well. I self-published a Duel II novel. Despite being published in a few formats when I lived in Asia, it was hard and frustrating to get published in the West. It was rough but the story was good. I got a professional publisher interested in the book. Lee made me wait six weeks to tell me that I couldn't do it because she was worried about the IP. Okay, fine. the editing was rough. I found out from my other friends who are writers that you shouldn't try to edit yourself. The cover would have more professional artwork.

What really got me was that she said I destroyed cities. It was the first book in the series. I was planning on five. Volume one completely written. Volume two is outlined and three chapters are finished. Volume three has five or six handwritten chapters. I was trying to build up to something. I can't tell you everything in the first novel. I hate using this analogy but imagine at the end of the first season of Game of Thrones someone comes out and say, "Don't worry guys. Despite all of this stuff, he wins in the end."

Why watch the other seasons?

Fortunately, the publisher gave me another chance. He lost interest around week three of waiting. But he took a couple of my submissions and he wants to see my idea for a new novel.

50 Blades of Grey DM-99
Miserable Men DM-99
Brony Cringe DM-99
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic