New Yesterday: 2
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Slaughter Fest 3? Maybe RR in 18? Interest
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This November marks 15 years since Rich Hammes, Abarsis the Slaughter Priest, was taken from us too soon!

Was wondering if we have enough interest for it and if November is too soon!?! It would again be in dm28 (slow)

If not was also considering the Talcama, dm18 (fast),
Rumble Royale contest!

Would prefer the SF3. A contest in 18 would probably be months off. Also would require serious interest with a goal of 15 teams in dm18. For the SF3 in 28 probably 10 would be the minimum.

Let me know what you think. Thanks! -Street Legal

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
This November marks 15 years since Rich Hammes, Abarsis the Slaughter Priest, was taken from us too soon!

Was wondering if we have enough interest for it and if November is too soon!?! It would again be in dm28 (slow)

If not was also considering the Talcama, dm18 (fast),
Rumble Royale contest!

Would prefer the SF3. A contest in 18 would probably be months off. Also would require serious interest with a goal of 15 teams in dm18. For the SF3 in 28 probably 10 would be the minimum.

Let me know what you think. Thanks! -Street Legal

Miss the guy.
Count us in, but Nov is TOO soon.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Understood and figured as much.

What contests are active and what is on the horizon contest wise?

How about if we start end of January or early February after the winter face? That would give people 2 tourneys to prep a team!

If we can get enough interest I will talk with Lee about the contest's traditional prixes. For information on the contest there is a forum that lists the rules and prizes.

Anyone who is interested please Advertise, and try and get your friends to enter too. This is the 1 contest where you can get your very own limited rez potion.

We have 1 plus me so I'd like to see a minimum of 12 teams willing to participate so it will be worthwhile for Lee to approve the 'standard slaughterfest prizes'!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Understood and figured as much.

What contests are active and what is on the horizon contest wise?

How about if we start end of January or early February after the winter face? That would give people 2 tourneys to prep a team!

If we can get enough interest I will talk with Lee about the contest's traditional prixes. For information on the contest there is a forum that lists the rules and prizes.

Anyone who is interested please Advertise, and try and get your friends to enter too. This is the 1 contest where you can get your very own limited rez potion.

We have 1 plus me so I'd like to see a minimum of 12 teams willing to participate so it will be worthwhile for Lee to approve the 'standard slaughterfest prizes'!

Run in 28 as usual, slow arena, so you can drag a team in from a fast arena that has a warrior you NEED back!

Thomas Jefferson
LaGuillotine
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I definitely would be glad to sign up for such a contest in DM 28! (It's tougher for me in 2-week turnaround arenas, however...)

Weird Alchemy (DM 8 and 47), Kiss My Axe (DM10), New Misfits (DM 28 ), Whammo & Thudda 4u! (DM 31), The Delirium Rules (DM 32), New Originals (DM 39), Going Berserk (DM 45), Cosmic Farce (DM 50), Freedom Farce (DM 52), Nexus 5 (DM 59), Space Action 99
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Other "events" on the known/supposed docket …

A Darque fiasco, prob arena 10, Feb 2020 ish.
The Turf Wars (TW12) in 47 prob Fall 2020.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
bubbaganoosh
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm looking forward to the Darque and TW contests, but I would also be down with this one! Count me in FWIW.

Otis
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm game for all.

Back one of these years with full stables elsewhere.

Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I will participate if it does not involve any freaks.

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
Maximillian
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would enter this for sure. He was a good friend.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."- Plato

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
Bill
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would likely sign on for this one.

Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys we're getting close to our goal. You can find the rules and prizes normally involved but I'll post them in a minute.

Started to get the itch and going on chatzy talking with people I suddenly thought of Rich and our discussions. I came to realize this November 10 will mark the 15th anniversary of his passing... RIP BRO.... I really wanted this to coincide with it but I will settle for gathering all of you to join in and fulfill his dream contest..... Many. People donated, what came to be, around $280 to a homeless shelter in his neighborhood. Why this particular one (I by now have forgotten the name)? It specialized in helping veterans! Why that one particular shelter? If you indulge me a few minutes I want to make something public.... To many of you..... For the first time!

I actually battled Rich, back in the mid-80s, in my home arena Tobir(dm14) but never knew it, and he never told me what his team was when we both came back to the game at almost the same time.

We chatted here and were some of the first to post here. He was initiated into Master Darque's alliace - VENDETTA CARTEL! Once in he emailed me and asked if I was interested in joining. So I joined THE GRISWOLD FAMILY, of the VC, headed by THE GRAND EXALTED CLARK!

Something we came to learn was that he was friends with Ghengis Jhan, GENETIC MISHAPS DM14 (VILLIAGE IDIOT etc.). He also was in the Navy serving on a nuclear submarine. HOWEVER THERE IS SOMETHING WE DID NOT KNOW but learned about after his shooting, we understood him to be the manager at a laundromat. But there was more we learned from the news stories such as this:

Deputy District Attorney Robert Amador said the actual trigger man is co-defendant Tecumseh Nehemaiah Colbert, 23. Colbert is expected to stand trial May 11.

On Nov. 10, 2004, Richard Hammes, 45, was filling in as a clerk at the Prime Market Liquor, at 4161 Voltaire St., when a man wearing an "old man" Halloween mask demanded money.

Hammes didn't open the cash register, at which time prosecutors say Colbert allegedly shot Hammes in the chest. Hammes died an hour later at the hospital.

According to, the store owner, Saad Ewdish, let Hammes live in a shed on the property.

Hammes reportedly was allowed to fill in as the liquor store clerk when Ewdish had to go home unexpectedly to care for his ill son.

Hammes, who had been in the Navy for 14 years, was known to local residents.

Local television newscasts repeatedly aired footage of the security camera's video of the gunman as he fired a handgun.

Colbert faces the death penalty if convicted of killing Hammes and "“ just 13 days earlier "” Robert McCamey, 32, of University City.

Read more: San Diego Community News Group - Man tied to 2004 OB murder case enters guilty plea!

Rich was homeless but it was by his choice. I have talked to his brother(Don Cummings) and the family was fairly wealthy but Rich wanted to take this road less traveled. It says he was known to the community. This is because he worked odd jobs cloeaning and closing the Laundromat. He would help frail elderly people with heavy bags of groceries and lived in a shed behind a liquor store in the Pointe Loma community.... By his choice. I cannot understand it but it is not for us to judge but for us to admire him, not worship but to love who he was and we need so many nore Rich's in this time we are in, and he is watching us so we need to honor him and who he was.... I still miss you bro! We always said we HAD TO MEET but neither of us had the means.

I unfortunately, tried to learn all I could about WHY? I came to a local, to San Diego, news site and watched their video..... It showed the CC footage. Mr Colbert was wearing a Ghostface mask, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Rich refused to open the register and in fact started towards the split counter advancing on Colbert who started to back up. Rich continues advancing towards him until they go off camera and a shot is heard.... Then nothing... Nobody coming back in frame abd I knew right there that he was immediately gone.... (shot in the chest). I finally met Rich so that his thick black moustache and well trimmed goatee is burned into my mind forever and I still don't know if I wish I had never seen it or if I am glad that I can see his face at will?!?! I do know this I still ask WHY???? WHY did Rich why did you do the right thing and not let Mr Ewdish's money be stolen? WHY did you advance on an armed assailant? And I know why..... Rich always did the right thing all the time regardless of the peril! WHY RICH WHY? RIP..... AMEN BRO!

I struggled with this and for years have asked former members, especially Ashe, if it would be proper to tell people this. We never came to a conclusion so we never decided and I needed to let this go very badly. When you think you got it bad think of Rich, my blood brother who would never tlell me his team in 14 (he said he'd tell me when we met up), this man chose to live like he did and to always do the right thing. He found a community where the love was mutual... HE FOUND HOME! He was who he was..... and I am still struggling to forgive that evil man that took him from us.

It has been almost 15 years.

I hope this will get me there and thank you all --- past, present, and future contestants!

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Rules-
There are no challenges, avoids, bloodfeuds, or tourneys allowed and only one single use of the Dark Arena is allowed after the contest begins. To help eliminate any interference, I am going to allow avoids of non-contest teams in case they are there to manipulate and affect the winner of the contest. Win or lose the Dark Arena is allowed but once, so if you want your warrior dead be sure and throw the fight!

The contest will last for 12 turns. May I point out that if you use your Dark Arena fight you will get either 2 points, for winning, or -2, for losing, and ALL fights count in the scoring. It matters not if you fight a non-contest warrior or a stand-in; they still count as much as fighting a contest warrior. This will be a test of basic strategy with a touch of luck added in as well.

If anyone should break the no tourney rule they will lose 5 points for each warrior entered and those warriors, and any subsequent warriors who replace them in death, cannot score points! The one exception are the dead tournies. Should you wish you may enter your warriors in dead tournies, since they are not a member of your team,or even the living, at the time. The warrior may even return to the contest, or enter if it is an OLD warrior, if a natural opening can be found for it, or you choose to use your Dark Arena fight to make that opening (if you still have that option left).Break the no DA, challenge, or avoid rules (except avoids of non-contest teams) and you will be DQ'd as soon as the transgression is discovered. To keep the contest playing field as level as possible, we will have no messing with these rules. Of course you may DA the one time, just as a clarification, but the second time gets you DQ'd. This also counts if it is found you bring a second team in for the purpose of making challenges. You can bring a second team, just don't think they can challenge to give you an advantage. This means DQ to your contest team.

Scoring is as follows:

1 point for winning
1 point for killing (giving 2 in total, 1 for the win and 1 for the kill)
1 point for at least one of your warriors writing a personal (regardless of number of personals beyond one you still only get one point). Make sure it is written from one of your team's warriors and not simply the manager entity or you will not get the point.
-1 point for losing
-1 point for being killed (giving -2 in total, -1 for losing and -1 for being killed)
-5 points and the loss of that warriors slot for scoring the remainder of the contest for entering a warrior into a REGULAR tourney (again DEAD tourney is open)

The Prizes:
1st place - +1 bonus to one warrior on the team, 1 resurrection potion, and 1 favorite knowledge
2nd place - +1 bonus for one warrior, 1 favorites knowledge
3rd place- +1 bonus for one warrior

Iron Manager Award- Run 54 of the possible 60 fights and get a +1 bonus potion

The bonus potions and favorites knowledge must be used on warriors with 5 FE or more and MUST be used within 2 turns of the end of the contest. The ressurection potion must be used within 6 months of the end of the contest, my thanks to Lee for this, but may be used on any warrior regardless of FE. ALL prizes must be used on the contest team, they are NOT transferrable to another team!

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rich wanted everybody to get a slight taste of what Joeja goes through. She never challenges or Vlood Feuds ..... She rarely xhanges strategies but a number of times, in 14, I have dropped a PA telling her that her warrior, is definitely not suited to/or a favorite of, the weapon she is using and suggested a weapon to use and POW next turn there it was.

I remember one time to drop thE SH/SM combo to SS/SM combo. Next thing you know she's winning 2 out of 3 with me instead of me going 2-1 or 3-0 against it! What did I do?????

Anyways vou have slightly more at your disposal then Jorja does/has but when you get into it this contest itbreally puts you in your place!

Your guys can have tourney experience so you can load em up but once you get started NO TOURNEY ACTIVITY IS ALLOWED!
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic