New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - The King of Primus 2020-21 Edition!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

King of Primus 2020-21
=========================
Who: 32 of the top teams and managers in Primus! (First 32 teams to sign up get in.)

Each team must consist of 5 warriors, each of a *different* style.
A team may consist of one or more managers. A manager may belong to only one team.

Managers who are able to field 5 warriors of different styles for themselves are STRONGLY encouraged to do so, but for those that can't, combination teams are definitely allowed. Management reserves the right to veto any combination teams deemed "overpowered" (unlikely but you never know).

What: The King of Primus is a bracket-style competition where teams of 5 warriors fight against each other in a match play-like system.

Teams will be seeded 1 to 32 based on the AVERAGE rank of their warriors on turn 794 (due 6/30) of Primus. Warriors MUST be listed in the turn 794 newsletter to be eligible for the competition. Any ties in average rank will be broken by the ranking of the highest warrior.

On each team, warriors will be ranked 1 to 5 based on their ranking on turn 794 of Primus. During match play, the #1 warrior from Team A will match up with the #1 warrior from Team B, the #2 Team A warrior will match up with the #2 warrior from Team B, and so forth. Warrior rankings will remain static throughout the competition, as will manager seedings.

The King of Primus will be the one team that goes 5-0. Even though the contest is single elimination to determine the winner, there will be consolation rounds and everyone will have five matches. In the end, everyone will find out where their stable really ranks in Primus!

Because of the quick turnaround, we will probably not be able to correct mistakes (especially if they are RSI's). If they're mine, such as I counted wrong, awarded the wrong winner, etc., I will do my best to correct them and notify managers of match up changes before the next round. (In today's era, each manager should also text/diplo/message me their phone number after entering so I can quickly notify you of mistakes and changes.)

When: The contest will take place starting on Primus turn 795 and will run for five turns, ending on turn 799.

Remember that your warriors must be listed in the turn 794 newsletter to be eligible, so it's not a bad idea to climb up high in the rankings now to earn as high a seed as you can.

How: To enter, you can sign up in this thread, write an ad in the Primus newsletter, or PM/Email Manager with the following information: The Name(s) of managers on your team, the 5 warriors to be on your team (name AND ID# AND style), and what warrior you want to select for a possible Royal Court Selection (see prize section).

Example: Manager's Team
---------------
1. Bonnie (29-2780) (AB)
2. Weird Head Boy (63-2216) (LU)
3. Koji Shikeru (40-2619) (SL)
4. Skyfire (37-2065) (PL)
5. Patience (1-2619) (TP) *

* Denotes Royal Court Pick

Since the contest takes place in the arena, you'll have to read the newsletter and the forums to figure out who you will match up against each turn. We'll post all the managers and teams before the contest begins, as well, to make it easier.

Once you are entered, your warriors will run *regardless* of whether or not you entered a strategy! So you can't miss a turn, but you're also committed to running for the duration of the event!

Prizes: The winner of the competition will be named the King of Primus!!! As winner, you get to control the fate of the arena for a very special Turn 800! The winner of the contest can select three "decrees" from a list of items that will affect how Primus plays out on its historic turn 800!

They are:
==========
- Rename the Arena
- Have a non-automated spy report written by you or the manager of your choice
- Increase/Decrease the Skill Learning
- Increase/Decrease the Training Percentage
- Increase/Decrease the Kill Percentage
- No Challenges and/or Avoids
- Bring back the Defend Gate Challenge
- Have an NPC Match-Up Week!
- If you have other ideas, the Commission may consider it, but will have the right to refuse.
- All of these special decrees are for turn 800 only.

As the King of Primus, you also receive a member of the Royal Court! The King of Primus will receive a list of all Royal Court warriors and may choose one warrior to twin to place on one of your Primus teams. All Royal Court warriors must be prize unmodified and the owner gives permission for them to be twinned, if chosen.

The Consolation Champion (17th place) gets 5 Team Roll-Ups.

The last place manager is deemed the Court Jester and wins a Hyborian War Set-Up.

Every Match win by a manager wins a 0.5 Faves Knowledge potion (max 4). A 0.5 Faves Knowledge Potion can tell you the exact Offensive Effort OR Activity Level of a warrior already inducted into Primus.

(Combo Teams only receive 1 potion per win, to be distributed at their discretion.)

For everyone else, there is an exciting Consolation Prize Pool to keep everyone motivated to finish as high as possible. There are 30+ items in the Consolation Prize Pool--one of each item. The First Place Winner gets first choice of an item in the pool, second place gets the second choice, and so on. Whoever finishes last gets to choose from the remaining items. Here are the items in the Consolation Prize Pool:

Consolation Prize Pool:
========================
(Unless otherwise stated, any prize must be used on a Primus warrior you own and can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.)

+1 Attack Bonus Potion -- Adds +1 to your Attack base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Init Bonus Potion -- Adds +1 to your Init base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Decise Bonus Potion -- Adds +1 to your Decise base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Parry Bonus Potion -- Adds +1 to your Parry base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Riposte Bonus Potion -- Adds +1 to your Riposte base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Random Skill Bonus Potion -- Adds a random skill to your skill base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+3 Skill Learn Potion -- Add 3 skill learns (random) to any of your warriors in Primus! Can't be used after a Freeze Date and Before a tourney!

Faves Knowledge Potion -- Get the exact favorite OE and AL of any of your warriors fighting in Primus!

Prize Roulette: You get another KOP Consolation Pool Prize at random.

Weapon Lightening Prize: Your warrior gets a new favorite weapon at random of that has a weight of (Warrior's current Favorite Weapon Weight - 1) For example if your warriors' favorite weapon was the Medium Shield (Weight 4), he could get any favorite weapon that has a weight of 3. This prize can't be used on a warrior who has a favorite weapon of weight 1.

+ or - 1 Skill Learn (Targeted) Potion -- Add or remove 1 skill learn (of your choice) to any of your warriors in Primus! Can't be used after a Freeze Date and before a tourney!

+25 Wins Potion -- Add 25 Wins to your Primus Team Record!

+35 FE Potion -- Add 35 FE to any one of your Primus warriors!

Bloodgames Team Roll-Up -- Get a free Bloodgames Team Roll-Up at the next FtF!

Random Book from Bookmaze -- Get a random book from Bookmaze, the book store that serves as RSI HQ! (Bookmaze's choice)

Free Tourney Entry -- One free tourney entry for any non-AB Primus-Inducted warrior.

Assur's Basher Makeover: You target one of your Primus Inducted Level Bashers to give a "Basher Makeover!" Using 5
single zaps (individually), Assur will work with the gladiator commission to use these 5 zaps at his discretion (you are not allowed to give input) on your warrior, giving it a makeover! By using this prize, you allow Assur to see the mini-overview information on this warrior. (Assur is not eligible to win this prize.)

Alphabet Style Swap: You target one of your Primus warriors. That warrior is style swapped to the next style *alphabetically*. This prize does not wrap around the alphabet, so Wall of Steel's can't be style swapped to anything else. The resulting changes of the style swap can't make that warrior be out of bounds for its new style.

Ask Green Eyes -- You get to consult the wisdom of Green Eyes, about any one question about game mechanics or the nature of the game. Or about life. (Be warned that the answer you get is the answer you get and Green Eyes often talks in terms of generalities) Green Eyes refuses the right to answer any question.

Words in Someone Else's Mouth -- You get to edit the fight statements given by any NPC in any arena in the game! You
will submit these just like you would one of your own warriors.

New Life Prize: Reset your Primus warrior's win/loss record and (optionally) change his gender and give him a new name and ID number!

Slasher's Prize: Give any Primus warrior the Slash tactic as a favorite Tactic!

Responsive Prize: Give any Primus warrior the Responsiveness tactic as the favorite Tactic!

Halberd Prize: Give any Primus warrior the Halberd as their favorite weapon!

Inversion Prize: Invert the Favorite Offensive Effort and Activity Level of any one of your Primus warriors! (So if your warrior's favorites were 10-6, they would now be 6-10).

Monster Recruit -- Recruit a Gateway Monster onto your Primus Squad for 6 months (or until it dies)! Gateway Monsters
are ineligible to be entered in tourneys. (Severe penalties if you are caught trying.)

Super Bonus Prize -- Add +20 Attack or Defense or Parry to your Primus warrior. This effect last for 6 months and
your warrior is ineligible for tourneys (or being cloned) while having this prize on him. (Severe penalties if you are caught trying.)

Race Matters Prize -- 5 of your unmaxxed warriors will be selected at random. Every Orc, Troll or Giant selected gets 1 added to their strength. Every Dwarf or Undead gets 1 added to their Constitution. Every Elvish Race gets 1 added to their Wit. Every humanoid or Unique Race gets 1 added to their Will. Every Gnome or Hobbit gets 1 added to their Speed and every WereCat or Golem type gets 1 added to their Deftness. If the warrior has already maxxed that area, then a stat will
be added at random to the warrior. You have the option of turning down a train on any warrior that is selected.

+2 Stat Trains Potion -- Adds 2 Stat Trains to your warriors fighting in DM 102. Can't be used after a Freeze Date and before a tourney!

+1 Stat Train Potion -- Adds 1 Stat Trains to your warrior fighting in DM 102. Can't be used after a Freeze Date and before a tourney!

+1 SZ Potion -- Add 1 SZ to the Primus warrior of your choice! Can't be higher than 25.

Roll-Up Drop: At the next FtF, an RSI Representative will stand at the top floor holding a stack of the unused roll-ups. You'll stand at the bottom floor. The RSI Representative will drop the roll-ups to the ground and you'll try to
catch them! You get to your choice of any 3 roll-ups that you catch before they touch the ground.

Parry Favorite Learn -- Change the favorite learn of any of your Primus warriors to Parry!

RSI Pencil -- Don't make it out to the FtFs and want your very own RSI pencil collectible to fill out strategy sheets? Many FtF TCs have been won with these! Now you can have your very own!

"A Primus Warrior" refers to any warrior currently fighting in DM 102, despite what their tourney classification is.

Our Former Kings of Primus
==========================
2010: Manager
2012: The Dark One
2014: Papa Bear
2016: TUM
2018: Papa Bear
2020: ???
mr_mojo
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am in! Can't wait!

(WS) FINGER PUPPET (36-1774) of EASTERN HORDE (1424)
(LU) ZIPPY (82-1886) of EASTERN HORDE (1505)
(BA) NO QUAM HERE (12-3729) of EASTERN HORDE (1389)*
(SL) NEO LIGHTNING (17-5112) of EASTERN HORDE (1399)
(AB) PARTY'S OVER (75-2179) of EASTERN HORDE (1786)

*Royal Court Pick
mr_mojo
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Changed royal court pick, can't submit modified.

(WS) FINGER PUPPET (36-1774) of EASTERN HORDE (1424)
(LU) ZIPPY (82-1886) of EASTERN HORDE (1505)
(BA) NO QUAM HERE (12-3729) of EASTERN HORDE (1389)
(SL) NEO LIGHTNING (17-5112) of EASTERN HORDE (1399)*
(AB) PARTY'S OVER (75-2179) of EASTERN HORDE (1786)

*Royal Court Pick
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in:

(WS) ISSUS (25-1745) of PAWN OF PROPHECY (2227) *
(TP) MAJ SNAFU (32-6516) of SECRET SQUIRRELS (2322)
(AB) DOMINATUS NON VIZ (32-6347) of SECRET SQUIRRELS (2322)
(LU) UNGNOME SOLDIER (32-5933) of SECRET SQUIRRELS (2322)
(PR) DANGEROUS (32-1843) of SECRET SQUIRRELS (2322)

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OAB's team:
--------------
1. Goldenbeard (21-6202) of Sea Dogs (1840) (LU)
2. Gaoler (42-4504) of Dungeon Cell (1945) (PL)
3. Snake Oil Salesman (82-49671) of Dungeon Cell 97 (2182) (AB)*
4. Axe Murderer (82-51085) of Dungeon Cell 4 (2021) (PS)
5. Sushi Slinger (96-1399) of Sea Dogs (1817) (SL)

* Denotes Royal Court Pick

I am assuming that Royal Court picks CAN be modified, but the starting attributes must be natural (so no BG DYOs, stat-switch, etc.).
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's correct, the original roll-up must not be a DYO/Stat Switch or any of that sort. If you modified it after, that's ok.
ThePope
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Once again I would like to participate but still only have 4 qualified warriors:

WS Cardinal Biggles 62-1229 of Spnsh Inquisition [595]
LU Terror 2-2021 of Spnsh Inquisition [554]
AB The Rabbit 56-2960 of Knights of Ni [1077]
TP Surprise 62-2204 of Spnsh Inquisition [595]

I will contact High Priestess Sandy to see if S. Mary Rose would like to fight along side the Inquisition again, unless someone else would like to join us......

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in.

PICASSO (7-1534) WS
ROCKWELL (7-5003) AB
CAPTAIN CRUNCH (5-4330) SL*
ED 209 (5-3955) PL
HOT HAZEL (98-608) LU

* - court pick

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in, though I don't have my squad ready just yet.
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in!

Stingray (30-2264) AB
Firedrake (30-2070) LU
Ashar (30-1777) SL
Wynett (30-2340) PR
Violator (44-2122) PL * Court Pick

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

The_Mentors
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm In

Dr. Feelgood.

I'll update the roster shortly

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in. I will submit my roster shortly.

Trump / Riff-Raff
Darkheart
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In as well. Will update my roster when I settle on it.

2015 Crapgiver
TWX Champion!

The Holy Legion - DM 10
Obsidian Hall - DM 33
Iron Cathedral - DM 52
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my favorite DM events! I'm in!

SIDON (31-3712) of DARQUE FORCES (1752) - SL
TYRE (31-3713) of DARQUE FORCES (1752) - PL