Duel2.Com  
•   Home  •  Rules  •  Your Account  •  Forums  • Newsletters  •
Navigate
· Home
· Content
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Members List
· Newsletters
· Old Newsletters
· Private Messages
· Setup
· Tourneys
· Your Account
User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: alexanderdi1
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 10
Overall: 1490

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Help me work this sheet out
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
paradox23
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster


Joined: Jan 22, 2003
Posts: 118
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 3:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've actually got a couple I'd love some input on.

First
8-7-11-16-3-10-15
10-5-11-7-17-10-10
9-7-14-13-12-3-12
12-13-15-13-5-4-8
12-5-10-4-6-17-16

Second
9-4-15-13-9-10-10
13-4-14-4-16-10-9
9-12-13-10-13-3-10
10-10-16-8-5-12-9
10-6-13-12-16-8-5
View user's profileSend private message
paradox23
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster


Joined: Jan 22, 2003
Posts: 118
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 3:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's as far as I got with the first one...

    8-7-11-16-3-10-15
      9-7-11-21-5-10-21 AB seems the tempting choice.

    10-5-11-7-17-10-10
      11-5-11-13-21-10-11 LU so that it can use the right weapons 13ST 11WT SL instead maybe?

    9-7-14-13-12-3-12
      I figure the 17 WT/WL is the given. Whether to add 5 to DF, or just 1 and boost the physicals and maybe speed is the big question.

    12-13-15-13-5-4-8
      Looks like a DA bait BA/ST, but I'm not really experienced enough to now whether this can be salvaged.

    12-5-10-4-6-17-16
      My heart tells me 15-5-10-9-7-17-21 agro AB, but I'm guessing more CN might be necessary?
View user's profileSend private message
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 9807
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 4:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First
8-7-11-16-3-10-15 9-7-11-21-9-10-17 AB or ST
10-5-11-7-17-10-10 15-5-11-11-21-10-11 BA or ST
9-7-14-13-12-3-12 9-7-14-17-17-3-17 almost anything - I sorta like PL
12-13-15-13-5-4-8 15-13-15-17-9-4-11 BA
12-5-10-4-6-17-16 17-5-10-7-7-17-21 BA
only 1 and 3 are "solid keepers" to many (I\We'd run 'em all)

Second
9-4-15-13-9-10-10 15-4-15-17-9-13-11 BA/ST or 11-4-15-17-15-11-11 SL/ST
13-4-14-4-16-10-9 17-4-14-7-21-10-11 BA
9-12-13-10-13-3-10 11-13-13-15-17-4-11 LU
10-10-16-8-5-12-9 15-10-16-11-9-12-11 BA or ST
10-6-13-12-16-8-5 11-6-13-17-21-9-7 SL/LU/ST
maybe 1,3,5 for this set (but all runnable to us)

_________________
The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1187 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 163K+ fights and 109K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2016; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1920; Lenpros DM30 @ 1745; Fandils DM46 @1655
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
DonaldTrump
Expert Poster
Expert Poster


Joined: Jun 19, 2014
Posts: 83
Location: Livermore, CA

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 5:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

paradox23 wrote:
I've actually got a couple I'd love some input on.

First
8-7-11-16-3-10-15
10-5-11-7-17-10-10
9-7-14-13-12-3-12
12-13-15-13-5-4-8
12-5-10-4-6-17-16

Second
9-4-15-13-9-10-10
13-4-14-4-16-10-9
9-12-13-10-13-3-10
10-10-16-8-5-12-9
10-6-13-12-16-8-5


First

8-7-11-16-3-10-15 ==> 9-7-11-21-5-10-21 AB
* 21 WT/DF Aimer designs are rare. I never pass one up. Looks a bit wonky with a 5 WL but endurance is rarely a problem. Ask on Chatzy for strategy tips. If he survives, he'll be a winner!

10-5-11-7-17-10-10 ==> 11-7-11-13-21-10-11 LU
* Perfectly serviceable arena LU. May be worth a Rooks/Apps run in the the tourney depending on how he rolls up.

9-7-14-13-12-3-12 ==> 11-9-14-17-17-3-13 WS
* Solid WS design.

12-13-15-13-5-4-8 ==> 17-13-15-17-9-4-9 BA
* Similar to my Rooks TV. Success depends on his damage rating. Plate him up and look for low CN offensives.

12-5-10-4-6-17-16 => 17-5-10-5-9-17-21 AB
* DA upon arrival.

Second

9-4-15-13-9-10-10 ==> 11-5-15-17-15-10-11 ST
* I could also see 15-5-15-17-9-10-13

13-4-14-4-16-10-9 ==> 16-6-14-8-20-10-10 LU
* Classic Dixie. Bump WL, DF, and ST once then WT to 11. DA when he has no one left to challenge.

9-12-13-10-13-3-10 ==> 15-12-10-13-17-3-11 WS
* Classic design. Could see a Rooks/Apps run here.

10-10-16-8-5-12-9 ==> 15-10-16-11-9-12-11 BA
* Fighting by torch light can be a romantic first date.

10-6-13-12-16-8-5 ==> 11-7-13-17-21-8-7 LU/SL
* You saved the best for last!

Enjoy! Looks like a couple teams that will be interesting to run.

_________________
Trump Gladiatorial Enterprises
1, 46, 83, 100 - 103

Tourney Franchises:
* Yuppie Everything
* Trump Everything
* Paper Tigers
* Baseball Furies
* TEABAG@[insert F2F city here]
* GOT Blood?

- TEABAG Founding Father
- Crapmaster 2020
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Apr 15, 2004
Posts: 2887

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The first three warriors on the first sheet look solid:

8-7-11-16-3-10-15 --> 11-7-11-21-9-10-15 ST
10-5-11-7-17-10-10 --> 11-7-11-13-21-10-11 LU
9-7-14-13-12-3-12 --> 9-7-14-17-17-3-17 PR
12-13-15-13-5-4-8 --> Dark Arena
12-5-10-4-6-17-16 --> Dark Arena

The fifth warrior on the second sheet looks especially nice:

9-4-15-13-9-10-10 --> 11-5-15-17-15-10-11 LU
13-4-14-4-16-10-9 --> 15-4-14-9-21-10-11 BA
9-12-13-10-13-3-10 --> 13-12-13-15-17-3-11 WS
10-10-16-8-5-12-9 --> Dark Arena
10-6-13-12-16-8-5 --> 12-6-13-17-21-8-7 SL
View user's profileSend private message
Vladimer
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster


Joined: Jul 15, 2014
Posts: 169

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As always, I think a big factor in this are your expectations... Excel in the arena? Tourney play? Basic? ADM? It took me quite a while to learn that upon returning.

I'm going to be so bold as to disagree with some folks I respect tremendously:

Trump said:

"8-7-11-16-3-10-15 ==> 9-7-11-21-5-10-21 AB
* 21 WT/DF Aimer designs are rare. I never pass one up. Looks a bit wonky with a 5 WL but endurance is rarely a problem. Ask on Chatzy for strategy tips. If he survives, he'll be a winner!"

Trump has been taking too much hydroxychloroquine. Even if this guy were to graduate, the slog to do anything meaningful with a 5 will is a lifetime project. I would opt for something like 11-7-11-21-9-10-15 ST and hope for normal endurance + and normal damage +. With a sweet roll or two this guy is absolutely in my rooks tourney and would excel in arena play.

OAB said:

"The fifth warrior on the second sheet looks especially nice:
10-6-13-12-16-8-5 --> 12-6-13-17-21-8-7 SL"

I think I understand what OAB is doing here. 12 ST gets you a guarantee of Good damage and Normal endurance, so N/G or better. Both very important. It gets you this skill distro:

Ini: 12 Seldom hesitates, moves instantly if given an opportunity
Rip: 4
Att: 10 Uses an unusual fighting style, deadly to slower, less active foes
Par: 0
Def: 6 Avoids blows well
Dec: 10

You might consider rolling the dice and going 10-6-13-17-21-10-7. A couple advantages include DEC:11 and Init:13. The extra DEC is important imho and you get to see +3 OB INI instead of just +4. Another is that your warrior won't be clumsy. This can be important in getting back up, drawing a backup, etc. Not as important on an offensive, but...

Ini: 13 Nothing short of a genius at keeping his foes at swords point
Rip: 5
Att: 10 Uses an unusual fighting style, deadly to slower, less active foes
Par: 0
Def: 6 Avoids blows well
Dec: 11

From a physicals standpoint, your endurance distro is 2/22/8 P/N/G according to the data I have which is inclusive of some of Assur's data. So not a big Poor endurance risk. From a damage standpoint, the data points are 15/71/13 for N/G/R. Which adds up nicely, so 15% chance of Normal damage, 85% chance of G or better. On top of a 94% shot at normal endurance.

What I am saying is there is not a ton of risk of a bad roll compared to OAB's version and you get the upside of +1 DEC and INI and slightly uncoordinated.

What if you get a bad roll? So what? Either run in rooks and train ST the first round with that 21 WL or, since SLs suck in rooks (second only to PL), run in the arena for four turns, get the guaranteed train to 11 ST on turn 1 which both opens weapons and in all likelihood cures your damage / endurance deficiency and train skills for three turns. SL's were the 4th best Apps style in the most recent mailer.

This guy is absolutely (imho) a nice tourney warrior so I get the recommendation to play it safe with the physicals. But I feel there is an decent upside, a small risk to physicals, and a nice training window if you do happen to crap on a roll.


Either way, enjoy!
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB 2.0.10 © 2001 phpBB Group

Version 2.0.6 of PHP-Nuke Port by Tom Nitzschner © 2002 www.toms-home.com
Forums ©
:: fisubsilver shadow phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by coldblooded (www.nukemods.com) ::