New Yesterday: 2
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Oct 2020 Mail-In Results **SPOILERS**
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Manager's Thoughts when reading his tourney and looking at the results:

Primus: Um, did TMM have a maxxed AB that did not make Round 10? Yeah, that might have been partially my fault. Sorry. On the plus side, Primus now has the 2nd most amount of TVs after Rookies! Maybe it's time to split the tourney again! High Primus, Mid Primus and Contenders! (Just a thought! It could even be skill line based where the line is in such a place to put the power styles in the same class!)

Contenders: See, TMM really does love this prize! Looks like a Samsara bust an easy win. Good riddance according to the rest of the field.

Eligibles: The Eligibles Tourney when I bust out a warrior: Fist AB, Fist AB, Fist AB, Trip-21 Weapon AB, Double-21 Lunger Fist AB, Fist AB.
The Eligibles Tourney when I don't bust out a warrior: Watches the finals happen between a Scum TP (He'll always be a scum TP to me even if he isn't anymore) and a SZ 21 Lunger.

ADM: My bustout went 9-3, after my similar bustout went 8-3. The bad news is that I have a ton of warriors who look like the warriors I just tried to bust that now look doomed to settle for low TV performances forever.

Freshmen: A little surprised at some of the new entrants and the few entrants I sent did better than I expected. Maybe we're in a new cycle and a new changing of the guard to so speak.

At this point, I'm 4/5 in my predictions. I mean sure I'd like to go out on a limb more and predict new people but TMM and HW deliver when you call their number!

Challengers: So I did have a really good scum Lunger who went 10-3 previous. The bad thing about scum Lungers is that they get hit. And the back thing about Challengers (and higher) is that when they get hit they get knocked down. And that was Moose's problem, he just gets hit enough such that he gets knocked down a few times and doesn't TC. (Like 7 of last 9 tourney losses came to other Lungers) This time he did get hit a lot and got knocked down a couple of times--the difference was that in most of them he got back up right away! One of Bubba's Slashers was able to knock him down and keep him down but he scummed himself after hitting him over and over. It wasn't until DMobster's LU kept him down in Round 14 that he lost. He then beat Thunder Bay (My R-Up pick) next before getting Floyd's Fist AB in the finals. (Fist AB is usually a good match up for a Scum Lunger at this level.) My first TC in at least 6 years or so.

Champs and Adepts: Didn't send any just in case the Jan FtF had a better prize, was going to hold for there. But now who knows what I will do.

Inits: My Inits squad was awful and I knew it would be the Rainbow class anyway. Did not see a Basher win coming.

Rooks & Apps: Had a good squad that performed as well as I expected. No complaints.

Dead Tourney: I mentioned before I had a lot of timed warriors. I have been too lazy to send like that 20 FE Striker I that was lying around in the dead. But this time I sent like all the warriors I had that were within 1 FE. (2 FE of Adepts or higher). And they did really well! I even got a Slasher back! I can't remember the last time I had a Slasher TV! So that was interesting. Good refill on my pipeline when I need it!

Overall, I can't complain. Data Driven Tourney Decisions really work! When you spend hours agonizing over your roster and pay attention to your warriors, that also helps!

528-419 (57.80%). 1 TC, 20 TVs. (11 of them Dead, TVs with 7 different styles! Just one of those tourneys where almost everything went right, best one I can remember in recent history for sure)

Now for the quick turnaround in January!
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic