New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 3
Overall: 22261

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Chimlevtal managers in the know...
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
Thanks to Darque and the "never ending war" that sure made several years worth of chatter and anticipation of turns! I wish you the best.

Great! Just when my financial misfortunes had turned around and I was planning a comeback to 31, you jump ship and head to WoW. I will put my plans on hold until you and Bosk return apart from some tourney timing here and there. Hope you come back.

For many years, there was nothing like waiting for 31 to run. I miss the old days of 31 and DM in general. Miss talking fights over with Dad and arguing with him about what worked and didn't (he was old school and I tried out new weird stuff).

Don't really argue with any one much any more about anyting . . . Need to start up a good war somewhere!! Perhaps 31 if you and Bosk return. We will just have to start one with a much clearer end game than the last one Wink

Best of luck in all that you do.

Ashe/MD

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
A greeting from a long time player. Bosk was here at the abode for a few days and we chatted up the present state of a game we thought we would play until the very end....well....after being told for years that arena 31 is a worthless, slow, waste of time arena by numerous people, like oh, Guardian, Mannequin, Ichabod, Grimm and several others through the years, you know they are probably right. What were we thinking writing tons of spotlights, personals and running every single turn for decades? What a couple of silly boys we were. So, as much as I hate to put my mighty Stormguards into reserve, I believe it is time. I've decided to put my time in a different game, not one where people pull stunts and then hide and won't fight you. Perhaps the spark will come back some day. Our enemies always seemed to think the game would be better without the likes of us, so they get their wish (for the time being! Smile )
I really had some fun along the way, greats like Ultraist and The Dark One were always class acts with us and fun to compete with and see on the sands.
Thanks to Darque and the "never ending war" that sure made several years worth of chatter and anticipation of turns! I wish you the best.
What a game. Hats off to RSI. I could probably count on both hands the times they made input errors in over 23 years of playing. Though I am sure I made them roll their eyes and winch on too many occasions they were straight up with me. I just wish they would have taken up my suggestion on ADM fighting in the dark arena, or at least gotten back to me on the final decision and would like to have gotten at least a couple good roll ups! Smile

Hey, a week after I post this I might change my mind, and Bosk states whatever, he is good with it, stay, go , retire, head back to Polaris and take on new challenges, it is all good. I am blessed to have such a fantastic friend. He is a super person. What a brother!

I hope the game keeps going, IF anyone hears they plan on closing 31 (or merging it with some sissy arena) LET ME KNOW and that would get me fired up! Tal. I make The Sign of The Hammer and of The Axe.

Mannequin, please don't post on this sorry thread, you failed to show up in Crysalis and run one guy for the summer. I even put my guy on maintenance and you couldn't show. You are a coward and I appreciated your personal messages, they really made me feel all warm and fuzzy. If you play WoW, I would love to run into you and any and all of your friends. It would go on forever, oh I forgot, you don't show up for knuckle-dusters, just make stuff up and run with it. I will remember you.

Very sorry to hear you hanging it up and deactivating in 31.

Kind of sad that this post (and likely this thread) has to end with taking a bunch of shots at another manager, but that's about par for the course here I'd have to say.

I do hope you guys return to play eventually and leave all the B.S. at home, or just ignore what you get on here.

Caesar
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
A greeting from a long time player. Bosk was here at the abode for a few days and we chatted up the present state of a game we thought we would play until the very end....well....after being told for years that arena 31 is a worthless, slow, waste of time arena by numerous people, like oh, Guardian, Mannequin, Ichabod, Grimm and several others through the years, you know they are probably right. What were we thinking writing tons of spotlights, personals and running every single turn for decades? What a couple of silly boys we were. So, as much as I hate to put my mighty Stormguards into reserve, I believe it is time. I've decided to put my time in a different game, not one where people pull stunts and then hide and won't fight you. Perhaps the spark will come back some day. Our enemies always seemed to think the game would be better without the likes of us, so they get their wish (for the time being! Smile )
I really had some fun along the way, greats like Ultraist and The Dark One were always class acts with us and fun to compete with and see on the sands.
What a game. Hats off to RSI. I could probably count on both hands the times they made input errors in over 23 years of playing. Though I am sure I made them roll their eyes and winch on too many occasions they were straight up with me. I just wish they would have taken up my suggestion on ADM fighting in the dark arena, or at least gotten back to me on the final decision and would like to have gotten at least a couple good roll ups! Smile

Hey, a week after I post this I might change my mind, and Bosk states whatever, he is good with it, stay, go , retire, head back to Polaris and take on new challenges, it is all good. I am blessed to have such a fantastic friend. He is a super person. What a brother!

I hope the game keeps going, IF anyone hears they plan on closing 31 (or merging it with some sissy arena) LET ME KNOW and that would get me fired up! Tal. I make The Sign of The Hammer and of The Axe.

Mannequin, please don't post on this sorry thread, you failed to show up in Crysalis and run one guy for the summer. I even put my guy on maintenance and you couldn't show. You are a coward and I appreciated your personal messages, they really made me feel all warm and fuzzy. If you play WoW, I would love to run into you and any and all of your friends. It would go on forever, oh I forgot, you don't show up for knuckle-dusters, just make stuff up and run with it. I will remember you.

Icelord/Bosk,

These are indeed sad tidings... I've been back in 31 for some time now and have a long history there. The arena will not be the same without you guys. I hope you rethink this decision.

I pledge to continue fighting a full team there for the forseeable future. Stick around and help. I've been trying to liven things up there a bit with some columns and such. Chimlevtal is not a waste of time and your efforts there have not gone unnoticed.

Caesar salutes you! And you are always welcome at our pool hall. I urge you to rethink this bone headed decision!!!
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Will be sorry to see you Chimlevtalites and old-time Seamites go - especially as a loss to WOW like so many of the FONZers. Wish it weren't so, but good luck.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This has always been the most drawn out thread in the forums, yet for some odd reason I was missing it. Have Bosk and the Icelord returned yet? I still think those guys would be perfect for 81.

Swinetiger
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
This has always been the most drawn out thread in the forums, yet for some odd reason I was missing it. Have Bosk and the Icelord returned yet? I still think those guys would be perfect for 81.

Swinetiger

Nope. We think they are deep into WOW.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
DestNoble
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bump...Chimlevtal resurging....
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Chimlevtal is so old my kid is playing in there now.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
DestNoble
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:

Chimlevtal is so old, that Doc Steele won't even fight a team there...
Crip
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Darque wrote:

Chimlevtal is so old, it predates the Consortium
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Crip wrote:
Quote:
Darque wrote:

Don't believe everything you hear!

Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Crip wrote:
Quote:
Darque wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

50 Blades of Grey DM-99
Miserable Men DM-99
Brony Cringe DM-99
toker
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Im thinking of re-activating here....

Desolate Temple DM-1
Warrior Poets DM-8
Vincere Aut Mori DM-18, 104
Equtis Virtus DM-21
The Huntsmen DM-31
Smoked Out!!! DM-47
Silver Knights DM-52
Vincere Aut Mori DM-59 (inactive)
Vincere Aut Mori 3 DM- 81
And a few more to com
DestNoble
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

toker wrote:
Im thinking of re-activating here....

You should. It's resurging. Next turn is due March 6th. Current top team Just Desserts will be in attendance, and attempting to BREACH .500...
DestNoble
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So...who's looking forward to the duelmaster column from Floyd's Brookie next turn?

Who thinks that there is at least a small chance that she mentions that she just took over for youngest duelmaster EVER in the history of Chimlevtal?

Only time will tell...
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic