New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104512

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - April MI 2022
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The April Mail-in is here!

The prize is three potions of stat-switch; each potion allows you to swap one pair of attributes on a roll-up and then roll the warrior three times so that you can select the best version. At a minimum, you can end up with three 21-21 WT-WL warriors or other DYO type setups, and you can avoid many bad rolls with the selection process. And the best part? Many mega-managers are hating it because it is worse than previous iterations of this prize and because it doesn't help in their goals of Primus AB domination. Perfect!

If I were to win, I am eyeing this old team sheet warrior to make a Snotling AB:
7-13-19-17-8-3-3 --> 7-13-3-17-8-3-19 --> 13-14-3-21-9-3-21 AB

And probably this one to make a Bloodgames-esque hybrid:
16-12-15-13-3-3-8 --> 16-12-3-13-15-3-8 --> 17-16-3-13-21-3-11 WS?

I haven't settled on a third choice yet, but there are lots of amazing options out there in the team roll-up and replacement pools. And if I don't win any, I hope whoever does enjoys examining their team sheets and replacements for the next six months with fresh eyes.

I sent a very healthy sized squad as my work is winding down for the season and I'll have plenty of time to relax and read it.

Total entrants: 70
Breakdown by class: 9 Primus, 5 Contenders, 1 Eligible, 1 ADM, 1 Freshmen, 4 Challengers, 1 Champion, 1 Adept, 7 Initiates, 20 Apprentices, 20 Rookies
Breakdown by fighting style: 20 ST, 19 AB, 12 LU, 3 BA, 3 PL, 3 PR, 3 PS, 3 TP, 2 SL, 2 WS

I have nice warriors sprinkled all over.

My Contenders and Challengers have a puncher's chance each tourney.

I have bust-outs in Eligibles, ADM, and Freshmen. It is hard to say if they'll go 5-3 or 10-3, but the potential is always there for a big performance.

My strongest class might be Initiates. Three of my seven entries are humdrum warriors, who did just well enough to get to fight in the next class, but they haven't proven themselves yet. The remaining four, however, have already proven themselves to be exceptional warriors.

TUREIS is my 15-2 Rookies TC from last October. He is a fairly humble 12-15-7-17-17-5-11 LU, but he learned 27 skills in 10 FE and clearly had something going for him in order to earn me my first ever Rookies win. Sure, he isn't super sexy looking and he is learning way too much Init, but any former TC gets a mention and elevated expectations.

DALIM is my 14-3-1 Rookies RU from that same tourney. He is a similarly ordinary looking 17-11-8-21-9-7-11 ST with a few minor bonuses and 30 skill learns in 10 FE.

To round it out, I have MU CHAMAELEONTIS and MUKTUK, who TV'd Apprentices and Rookies respectively. I wouldn't pretend to be the favorite in the class, but this class is MY favorite, in that I am really looking forward to reading it.

While I have 20 nice Apprentices and 20 nice Rookies, those classes are always so big that it is hard to get too excited about them.

Champions, on the other hand, is a much smaller class and I have a single promising entry. KAPPA VOLANTIS is a 12-5-7-21-15-13-11 ST who earned a 13-3-1 Adepts RU, with all three of those losses coming to SHORT FUSE, Blackhart's knacky Striker. That is pretty darn close to a TC in my book, when a single warrior keeps you from winning it all. It is entirely possible that that was KAPPA VOLANTIS' moment and it has now passed, but with most of her Ini/Att/Dec learned and with her obviously liking her Adepts strategy, I am very curious to see how she does this time around.

And that just leaves Adepts and Primus, neither of which I have a realistic shot of winning. In the former class, I have a single token entry and its a PL. That is all you need to know. In the latter class, I am running four maxed ABs in various states of imperfection, searching for my first Primus TV. My remaining five entries in that class are a BA, a PR, a PS, a SL, and a ST hunting for Primus stylemaster awards (each of them having achieved that distinction at least once; and some numerous times).

Good luck to everyone in the tourney! If I don't win any prizes, I hope they are won by people who will enjoy them. And prizes or not, I hope everyone enjoys the anticipation and the competition.
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My tourney participation has been minimal for the last 10 years. I found enough cash to budget 2 warriors for the tourney, so I decided to send 2 Challengers that have never done better than 4-3 in the class.

Number One TV'd in Dead Apprentice years ago and TV'd one other time in Adepts. He is currently at 155 skills.

Number Two TC'd in Dead Apprentice years ago and has since died twice more in Champions and the best she has done since is 6-3 in Adepts. She is currently at 147 skills.

Her being immortal is a bonus, so it doesn't matter if she dies and the other one would come back in the dead tourney within a couple of tries. I really have zero expectations and risk is minimal and worth wasting a few bucks.

Good luck everyone.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Only sending 25ish; just don't have the DM urge as of late.

I do like OABs assessment:

"The prize is three potions of stat-switch; each potion allows you to swap one pair of attributes on a roll-up and then roll the warrior three times so that you can select the best version. At a minimum, you can end up with three 21-21 WT-WL warriors or other DYO type setups, and you can avoid many bad rolls with the selection process. And the best part? Many mega-managers are hating it because it is worse than previous iterations of this prize and because it doesn't help in their goals of Primus AB domination. Perfect!"

I should have added another 25 at the last minute (sigh)

Good luck to all. Have a good read!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some teasers were posted by Khorvinus in Chatzy yesterday, from Lee. They are not likely to spoil anyone's tourney, but I've added some space for you to look away if you don't want to see them.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

2348 warriors entered.
(this is 5% less than April 2021, but still a very healthy number)

-

Rookies was the largest class.
Apprentices was the second largest class.

-

Eligibles was the smallest class.
Contenders was the second smallest class.

-

Seven warriors got 2 kills, none got 3.

-

Talcama sent the most warriors of any non tourney arena.

-

No tourney classes were won by an undefeated warrior, and only 3 weren't won by a warrior with 2 losses

-
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jaded Ex-Mega-Manager who thinks the prize sucks here

Total Entrant: 52
Rough Breakdown by class: 10-2-1-1-3-28-1-1-0-2-5 (I just faxed/mailed things without a care of keeping track)

(I think I have one of every style but PS)

Almost all the basic guys are preparing for future classes.

I hope you all of those who want to win this prize do it!
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Jaded Ex-Mega-Manager who thinks the prize sucks here

Total Entrant: 52
Rough Breakdown by class: 10-2-1-1-3-28-1-1-0-2-5 (I just faxed/mailed things without a care of keeping track)

(I think I have one of every style but PS)

Almost all the basic guys are preparing for future classes.

I hope you all of those who want to win this prize do it!

Mr. Managerr:
With the low odds of me winning one, please send said sucking prize my way were you to win. I would then promise to follow your professional volleyball career.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
With the low odds of me winning one, please send said sucking prize my way were you to win. I would then promise to follow your professional volleyball career.

pretty low odds of me winning one too with my crew but we can definitely talk!
The_Professor
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bundle in hand. Ran 13 warriors, but somehow Lee turned my ADM Ripper back into a Challenger when she went to add my +Skill from the FtF tourney. Very Happy Oh well I'll get my $7 back for that.

As for the 12 entries that COUNTED, no one died and I had one TC Rookie that went 9-3-1. Not too shabby! In the process of collating the paper and updating skill totals but all in all seems like a good tourney. I raise my glass of wine to the fallen, and salute all the winners!
The_Professor
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Temptation to post spoilers...overcome!
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The_Professor wrote:
Temptation to post spoilers...overcome!

Good for you!
Feel free to open another thread entitled "mailer Spring 2022 Spoilers if you (or anyone else) like/s.

The_Professor
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I meant TV rookie of course. TC's record was much better.
The_Professor
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This I (re?) learned from the (standard) tourney: Slashers and Lungers that favor decise=g00d.
Kharadmon
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Professor

Are you the same Professor that was a Duelmasters sponsor back in the mid 90’s? If so…I still have the information you sent me. Between you, Pug and Guardian the info provided made a huge difference.

Kharadmon
Mgr Wrathmen teams scattered here and there…
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After reading my fights, this not-really-relevant one is my fave of all:

BA (-/- ML/-) vs ST (APL/H SS/-)

ST - (gets the jump) a lunging attack with the SS
BA - blocks blow with ML
BA - feints, hindering ST's initiative
BA - strikes (crit) with the ML and wins

BA was going 10-10-8-D

A naked basher with a big ole maul parrying, riposting, and whacking a poor unexpectant striker

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

pretty low odds of me winning one too with my crew but we can definitely talk!

I guess we both lied!

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic