New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - April MI 2022
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I went in with fairly low expectations. I've sent stronger squads in the past that haven't always translated into success, so I had no reason to believe this tourney would be something to remember.

It is nice to be building a basic pipeline again of the power styles, though. Excluding bashers (my kryptonite), my top four styles sent were AB, ST, WS, LU.

Contenders: Two bashers trying for the stylemaster and two warriors trying to max. Out on R5.

Eligibles: I have a basher at the top of the line, but so far he has been terrible. However... Gad surprised everyone. His entire tourney career is in Eligibles and he has been solid, but not great. A single TV, but mostly 4-3's to 6-3's. I may never see a better run than this one. But this one was super fun, super exciting, and resulted in my first final fight with a Parry-Lunger. So close to getting style #7. Congrats to Mannequin. I expect Gad to take a 6 month break in Contenders and be back for more 4-3's!

ADM: My strongest warrior, Ruth, came back a bit rusty after being banished to Eligibles for 6 months. She lost her first 2, but then caught her stride against all the other 0-2's, winning the Fool's TV. Otherwise a mostly poor showing by the other 11 I sent here.

Freshmen: My future hope to get a basher TC is here. I had a weak bust going from a knacky basher. I did not expect a TC even if everything went right (though 'theoretically possible'). This basher TV'd Inits and Adepts long ago. Then busted a solo 21 wit when the Fresh line was at 130 skills. Because of the knack, I decided to set up for a 'cheap' 2nd bust. Green Bean: 14(3)-15(5)-12-24(3)-14(5)-10-11 BA. Trained WL, WT before the tourney, missing the ST train. Was supposed to train DF R1-9 and SP R10+. An input error trained DF the entire tournament (and only got 2 trains, the second on round 11). Matchups were mostly spectacular. R8 saw the first scum, Flying Pig. Somehow, Green Bean won this one to reach 8-0. Two losses to Screaming Eagle and the busting Mountain Roll and Green Bean becomes my first 3 class basher TV. The rest of my Freshmen were the mixed as expected results. Except for Job's sad 0-3.

Challengers: The only bright spot was Guy 'n Anne getting a TV.

Champions, Adepts, Initiates, and Apprentices: When you spend way too many resources chasing the TC round robin, your tourney pipeline suffers. These were small classes with the most positive results being an 11 wit immortal adept going 3-3 and a 6-3 initiate.

Rookies: 19 rookies from 6 styles. I guess the highlight of my rookies is having the best of each style go: 5-3, 6-3, 7-3, 7-3, 9-3, 9-3

Overall results:
193-194-4-1 (all deaths/kills in rookies), 5 TV's (including the RU) and a Fool's TV.
Guessing 5 stylemasters
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic