New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22255

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Team Spotlight Contest in DM 81! (No writing allowed)
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TEAM SPOTLIGHT CONTEST:
----------------------------------------
To Enter: You must submit a Team Spotlight in DM 81 before 4/4!

The Trick: You are not allowed to write more than 5% of the story yourself! Using your favorite AI Program, you must come up with the general plot
of the story and let the AI write the team spotlight for you. After the story, you're allowed to find/replace no more than 5% of the story so that
it makes sense (change names use DM references etc) If you’re caught writing your own Team Spotlight, you will be disqualified! (And risk the humiliation of a computer writing a better spotlight than you)

For example, using ChatGPT (https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/), I told the AI I wanted the following plot of my team spotlight:

"write a story about a warrior using the slashing style losing an arena battle to a warrior that has two shields"

And this was the result:

"Once upon a time, there was a warrior named Kael who was known for his mastery of the slashing style. He was known across the land as one of the deadliest warriors in combat, with lightning-fast strikes and cunning tactics. People would come from far and wide to see him in action and cheer him on in the arena battles.

One day, Kael was challenged by a warrior named Tyra who was unlike any other he had faced before. Tyra was heavily armored and had two shields, one on each arm. Kael was confident that his speed and agility would easily defeat Tyra, but he was in for a surprise.

The battle began, and Kael came at Tyra with a flurry of strikes, but Tyra's shields deflected each and every one of them. Kael was amazed by Tyra's defense, but he wouldn't give up so easily. He continued to attack, but Tyra was always one step ahead, using her shields to block and counter Kael's strikes.

Frustrated, Kael started to tire, and Tyra seized the opportunity. With a powerful strike, she broke through Kael's defenses and delivered a crushing blow to his midsection, sending him sprawling to the ground.

Kael lay there, defeated, as Tyra stood triumphantly over him. He had never faced a warrior like her before, and he couldn't believe that his famous slashing style had been defeated by two shields.

From that day on, Kael realized the importance of adapting to new challenges and incorporating different techniques into his combat style. He trained harder than ever before, and soon, he was once again known as one of the greatest warriors in the land.

But he would never forget the lesson he learned from Tyra, the warrior with two shields who taught him that the greatest victory comes not from defeating others, but from defeating himself."

Play around with the prompts and you can drastically change your story, and tailoring it to be more specific to your stable or the DM world in general!

Submit your best AI Spotlight to the DM 81 arena Newsletter before 4/4! (Please let us know who you are)

The Best Team Spotlight (Determined by random committee) wins 4 Team Roll-Up Sheets!
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yikes!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Biff_Frothingslosh
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL, yeah, I have been using ChatGPT on a few DM columns the last few weeks/months. Took a wee bit of tweaking but was kind of fun to see what I could get it to produce
SouthernBoy
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mailed my entry this morning. Short story about Snidely Whiplash. Very Happy

I'll be using ChatGPT more. Academia has a challenge ahead of them parsing through what is truly human vs AI.
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very cool idea!

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm not available at capacity.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay got it to work and have used it to write a couple of spotlights. It is very helpful in writing a spot, but I have not been able to keep my editing at 5%.

Both of the spots written have been about 30-40% editing. I have always had issues when writing spots, constantly tweaking.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic