New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - JULY FTF 2023
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck to everyone, wish I could be there.

Should be link to online newsletter...

http://www.reality.com/ff69con.htm

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Vladimer
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Room is open. It's Bring Your Own Table.
Philthball
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hopefully, one day in the future, my finances will allow me to join all you old geezers at another FtF. Think its been 5 years, already, since my first/last in Tempe....

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some general after-comments:

New Orleans is a fine place for an FTF.
Ball Room was plenty large.
Ball room was plenty COLD!
Cool hotel showers daily, with COLD ones the Mon when we left. (Stimulating?!)
Roomed with Mannequin, who helped take care of this old man.
Lee, Sandy (even Sandy), and whole team were friendly and helpful.
Tournament went fast; well done RSI.
(Even after late arrivals of the printers Fri)
WWII Museum was wonderful and a can't miss attraction. (My 2nd time.)
Only 1/3 mile away and listed as N.O.'s #1 attraction.
Food and drink were quite costly.
(e.g. in a little chicken place, Mannequin's beer was $8, and mine was $10.)
Left my hat at Streetcar Cafe one night, and next night the check-in lady remembered me and brought the "lost" hat to our table!) I didn't even ask about it.
Tournament was slick! Congrats to the TC winners.
Suck it up to the Runner-Ups. (like me!)
Jerman did have the better warrior and deserved the Inits TC. (Salute)
Yes, the Roll-Up Drop (prize from KOP) was held. Sandy tossed left-over RUs in the air from a chair, and me and my 2 helpers caught appx 20, of which I was allowed to keep 3. (decent sheets!)
A GREAT time.
Despite current flight cancellation/delay period, my flights were slick both ways.
GREAT Time!
Am getting older and older and feebler and feebler but am hoping to attend events like this for a very long time.

(results: 4 TVs, 1 a RU, out of 51; w/l a weak 54% for me)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am back in NYC after a long weekend in New Orleans.

We have good friends who moved to that city several years ago, so my partner came along and we spent most of our downtime reconnecting with them. I wanted to have enough time to grab lunch or dinner with them while the tournament was ongoing, so I skimped a bit on my entries. Even so, I thought I had cut mostly weak stylemaster stuff (and Rookies, which rarely do well for me), so I was still hoping for some deep runs.

Entries: 55
Breakdown by tourney class: 4 Primus, 5 Contenders, 1 Eligible, 4 ADM, 1 Freshmen, 4 Challengers, 4 Champions, 2 Adepts, 7 Initiates, 23 Apprentices, 0 Rookies
Breakdown by fighting style: 16 AB, 13 ST, 10 LU, 3 PS, 3 WS, 2 BA, 2 PL, 2 PR, 2 SL, 2 TP

I ended up with a record of 177-165-3-2 (52% win) with 5 TVs and 4 stylemasters. Not a bad result, but none of my TVs were deep runs, so I was out of the tourney by round 12.

I tightened up in Primus and only ran my three FI ABs and my SL (who did the best of any non-AB in the previous tourney at 5-3). They managed to go 50%, which is good for me, and I snagged another SL stylemaster at 3-3, but my AB results continue to be disappointing with no TVs.

I thought my Contenders were in a prime position to do well. THIRD COURSE has five Contenders TVs, many of them deep, and DUSKBLOOD PUDDING and SPARE ANCHOR each have multiple TVs. They got destroyed, and exited the tourney with 4-3 and 3-3 records.

I had an Eligible bust go 7-3 and a Freshmen bust go 9-3. I was pleased with the Freshmen result, but would have loved to do even better.

ADM and Challengers didn't do better than 5-3, and all I had to show for them was a BA stylemaster with SURLY DECKHAND.

I had a very nice Champion who had runner-up'd both Dead Initiates and living Adepts, and she washed out at 3-3. Adepts was a non-event for me with both warriors going 1-3.

Initiates and Apprentices were the bright spots, as I TV'd in Initiates with a Turf War warrior, and I managed three TVs in Apprentices, all of them landing at 10 FE for October. My Zombie WS looked good, going 7-3, so I am hopeful for the future with that one.

I am definitely not going all out in October for Res/Imm/Rej, and I won't be in Tempe, so this might be a lean several months for me. But I will keep myself entertained by buying team sheets in dribs and drabs and prepping some good stuff for the April MI.

TEABAG had an outstanding tourney with 3 TCs and 3 Runner-ups. Kudos to them. HW obviously had an amazing tourney with 4 TCs, with TMM, Doc Steele, TUM and Dr F rounding out the list of winning managers. Congrats to everyone who did well, and better luck next time to the rest (including me)!

----------

TC/RU list courtesy of HW in Chatzy:

200: Littlest Tyrant TMM AB/Drat TUM AB
201: Twig Doc Steele AB/Bold Mr. Wasabi TMM AB
202: Locked And Loaded HW AB/‘’’5’’’’ Baron Bentsword PR
203: Slithering Idiot HW SL/Ghazat Kharadmon AB
204: Nevermore HW LU/Son House HW AB
205: Thatsmeatinthecorner TUM LU/Pepp In Your Step TUM LU
206: White Dog Riff Raff SL/Mannemeat Riff Raff LU
207: Instant Vlad ST/Momma Vlad SL
208: Teddy Jerman LU/Magnet Consortium ST
209: Blown Away Dr. F WS/High Liter Dameon Darkheart WS
210 Captain Midnight HW AB/Agapetos JE AB
Urmar
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It was great. Bubba proxied for me, for which I am very grateful, and dealt with my numerous texts and strat changes with aplomb. He's a great dude and a credit to the player-base.

First time back since 2011 or so ...

123-125-3-3 final result. I held my own.

3 champs (got spanked), 2 adepts (3-3 each), 5 initiates (best result: 4-3) were all meh ... but then it got good on the low end... 10 apps (including TV/SM) with a lot of decent showing, and then 22 rookies delivering 3 TVs, one of whom died in round 11, which was crushing). My best warrior went 10-3 for a fairly long run, but I had a lot of other decent showings (8-3, 7-3, 4 x 5-3).

I would encourage any new or returning player to give the tourneys a go! It was stressful but lots of fun, and a definite learning experience. Gave me a whole new perspective on the game.

Obregon
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic