New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - About Setups
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Reno
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi - how often are setups sent? I requested a setup last week and have put in another request today; I was just wondering if setups were only sent out once a month or something.

Thanx in advance for any responses,

Reno
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Reno wrote:
Hi - how often are setups sent? I requested a setup last week and have put in another request today; I was just wondering if setups were only sent out once a month or something.

Reno

They are sent out "daily". No reason for a delay.
Hopefully you will get your Roll-Up Sheet shortly

You should consider starting in DM93 where newbies and returning oldtimers can get some help and mentoring. (After 10 turns, you then move your team to any other arena you wish.)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can always email CSR at reality.com using plain text format and inquire about your team setup. If the email doesn't get swept into their junk mail filter, they will get back to you within a day or two.
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you can spare the cash, I'd strongly suggest ordering more than one setup also, burn a 20 and get 4, as not all team sheets are created equal! Then you've got several sheets and 20 warriors to play with. Anyone on here can help advise you on which sheets are the best and general rollup advice also!

Reno
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
If you can spare the cash, I'd strongly suggest ordering more than one setup also, burn a 20 and get 4, as not all team sheets are created equal! Then you've got several sheets and 20 warriors to play with. Anyone on here can help advise you on which sheets are the best and general rollup advice also!

Thanks for the suggestion. I ordered the first setup as it's free and I wanted to check out the PBM game. But if things look good and I'm having fun, I'll probably take that idea and run with it. Thanks.
Reno
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Reno wrote:

Reno

They are sent out "daily". No reason for a delay.
Hopefully you will get your Roll-Up Sheet shortly

You should consider starting in DM93 where newbies and returning oldtimers can get some help and mentoring. (After 10 turns, you then move your team to any other arena you wish.)

DM93 - got it - thanks for the suggestion.
Reno
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
You can always email CSR at reality.com using plain text format and inquire about your team setup. If the email doesn't get swept into their junk mail filter, they will get back to you within a day or two.

Thanks for the thought. I received replies back when I submitted my initial request, so I know they plan to send out a setup - I just wasn't sure how long it took from their reply to me receiving something in the mail. Smile
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Reno wrote:
One Armed Bandit wrote:

Thanks for the thought. I received replies back when I submitted my initial request, so I know they plan to send out a setup - I just wasn't sure how long it took from their reply to me receiving something in the mail. :)

Ah, it should be on its way then. However USPS has been terrible lately, so pieces of mail occasionally take way too long to reach their destination. Hang in there!
Reno
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Groovy - I got my roll-ups today. It looks like Reno's Troops are in Noblish Island Arena. Thanks again for your advice/help in getting me to this point. If any of ya'll are in that arena, watch out for your knees. I seem to have a few Hobbits in my stable. Cool
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Reno wrote:
Groovy - I got my roll-ups today. It looks like Reno's Troops are in Noblish Island Arena. Thanks again for your advice/help in getting me to this point. If any of ya'll are in that arena, watch out for your knees. I seem to have a few Hobbits in my stable. Cool

Looking forward to seeing Reno's Troops in DM93.
You may want to "backread" the old newsletters of DM93 on this site as there are regular spotlights and information posted - mostly for newbies.

In 93 you will find two "mentors" Assur (a Bash Brothers team) and The Consortium representative (different manager each set of teams). Ask them questions.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Reno
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like the old newsletters are not accessible. I checked a few of the DMs besides 93 - they all give:

Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at 127.0.0.1 Port 81

I'm guessing the server took a dump some time back and those older newsletters were not recovered.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Reno wrote:
Looks like the old newsletters are not accessible. I checked a few of the DMs besides 93 - they all give:

Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at 127.0.0.1 Port 81

I'm guessing the server took a dump some time back and those older newsletters were not recovered.

They work just fine for me.
Check the current DM93 and get the NL#.
Go to "Old Newsletters" above in Navigate
Open 93
Then open the NL# just behind the current posted one or any within the last 30 or 40. (Open many/all to read the spotlights.

Reno
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got it - thanks. I was checking early boxes like 1 or 2 or the largest boxes like 750. Turn 641 and 640 worked fine. Thanks 4 the edjumication. Smile
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Reno wrote:

Hobbits are good! Generally speaking you want small sizes to allocate the points elsewhere to cool stuff like wit, will, deftness, and strength. Biggest worry with them is little damage doing.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Reno wrote:
Got it - thanks. I was checking early boxes like 1 or 2 or the largest boxes like 750. Turn 641 and 640 worked fine. Thanks 4 the edjumication. Smile

DM93, Noblish Isle, was a later arena to start up.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic