New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 22266

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - eliminated warriors of the 3 and out
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well there are only two warriors that are eliminated this turn. the reason being, i was informed that managers were willing to drop out of the contest because of recent events that we all know about. so all you managers that would have been eliminated on THIS turn(notice capitalization) will have another chance, and if you lost, well, it wont count, THIS turn only. but unfortunately like i said two warriors are eliminated, due to the reasons of which i just spoke.

fizban vc rules
hammer vc rules

youngblood

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Grace Rogers should be gone as well.
f1zban1488
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

why is fizban out he didnt go to the tourney so by rights he should only have one loss since this last one shouldnt count
Fiz

JonBRogers
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Grace is the only warrior I fought from that team. I knew that rule but I couldnt pass up the skills. I have no plans of fighting her in that arena again. She is a very good warrior. record doesnt show it.. Sorry to everyone for the mix-up I should have made that known. and then the bad thing is that I had to call in my fights and fought her. because at the time i called them in and said just fight me with last turns strategy. I didnt know that i would have the proxy.
going into the tourney she was 1-2
had 1 adv ex and three ex. needed 9 skills for 1 mas 3 adv ex. and of course had never fought in the tourney before.
so i knew she would be eliminated this turn so i went for the skills.

Sorry for the problems

Girls, Girls, Girls
Girls X3
Country Girls X3
f1zban1488
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

so let me get this right. My guys who were in the tourney all get one loss and the 2 who also lost in the arena also have theirs counted against them

f1zban1488
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok guys forgive me maybe Im over reacting. my four guys who ran in the tourney even though I thought this was completely within the rules and almost necessary to keep up are being given a loss. These four being Master Darque Street Legal Hammer and Maximillian. NOT FIZBAN
This seemed basically fair for keeping the playing field as even as possible. Also this last turn basically didn't happen since one leading manager didnt run as a result of my tourney guys. again basically fair Except for the fact that my three losers were exempt from this rule. I thought that ruling was for the benefit of the manager who didnt run. One of mine who lost didnt run in the tourney as posted above (Fizban) was eliminated (given 2 losses) and he didnt even enter the tourney. Another who already had 1 arena loss plus 1 loss for fighting in the tourney( Hammer who learned a whooping 5 skills) and also lost on this turn and it counted so hes gone. Then there's my remaining 3 guys. Street and Max who had one loss got one from the tourney and won last turn so they remain on the brink of elimination. But the last one Master Darque who entered all of this undefeated and my teams fave to go all the way. Good style good learns takes a loss for the tourney then loses this turn and again exempt from the rule so now hes on the brink of elimination.

f1zban1488
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Im starting to agree with Manager. I think this thing is screwed no matter what. Nothing personal Youngblood. I understand it was just an oversight on the rules posting. But I just went from one of the front runners to barely survivng in the blink of an eye. And all I did was try to keep up according to the rules as I read them. Again I agreed with the four losses attributed to Master Darque Hammer Street Legal and Maximillian to try to keep it as fair as possible. At this point I dont know.
Again sorry everybody but stand in my shoes for a sec.

f1zban1488
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Now after reserching the online forums and I may have missed a string. There was no discussion about running in tournies after the contest started. So all I did was not to ASSUME it was a rule and prepped my guys for the final run. But the only way Manager could be proven wrong is if someone else won with the original w/l no adjustments. If I'm not penalized and I win its only cause of my tourney experience. If I'm penalized and win same thing. If I'm penalized and lose then whos to say an unjust penalty didn't cause this. Master Darque has already been given 1 post tourney loss so he's not invincible especially conidering the types of skills hes learned so far. Im not giving suggestions on how to fix this only sounding off. If there was a discussion online about fighting in tourneys after the contest started would someone please tell me where. And if its on the Duel sight on Yahoo I probably didnt see it since I rarely go there.

illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

f1zban1488 wrote:
Now after reserching the online forums and I may have missed a string. There was no discussion about running in tournies after the contest started. So all I did was not to ASSUME it was a rule and prepped my guys for the final run. But the only way Manager could be proven wrong is if someone else won with the original w/l no adjustments. If I'm not penalized and I win its only cause of my tourney experience. If I'm penalized and win same thing. If I'm penalized and lose then whos to say an unjust penalty didn't cause this. Master Darque has already been given 1 post tourney loss so he's not invincible especially conidering the types of skills hes learned so far. Im not giving suggestions on how to fix this only sounding off. If there was a discussion online about fighting in tourneys after the contest started would someone please tell me where. And if its on the Duel sight on Yahoo I probably didnt see it since I rarely go there.

I think the concept of this contest was that it was supposed to mimic a tourney class. This is why everyone started with the same FE and this is why there are 3 losses and you are out. I don't know if running in tourneys was discussed or not but at this point you are all damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well, i am sorry, fizban is not eliminated, i went back looked the tourney over, and saw that fizban did not run in the tourney. as far as running warriors from the three and out in the tourney, the whole idea of this contest is to pit warriors of the same fe against eachother. yes i did say that no warriors with fe could enter, and no, i nor anyone else said much of running warriors in the face to face, if anything. BUT, you have to understand why i gave the ruling that i did, 1. no one else ran warriors cept you (fizban) and a couple others. 2. like i said in my first statement in this topic, you along with everyone else on this site that play this game have the capabilities of entering replies, sending personal messages, or even asking rsi. i would have been happy to answer any question you or anyone else has/had. like i said i am sorry for any inconvenience, and understand if anyone decides they do not want to participate any further.

youngblood

JEKYLL1
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not to add further fuel to the fire BUT....... I haven't participated in the contest but I was following it and the discussions and not once do I recall no tourney participation to be discussed. The concept as I understand it was just as !llkidk described... meant to mimic a tourney class where everyone STARTED out at zero FE.

What Youngblood "meant" in my opinion is irrelevant(no offense YB), it was never once discussed nor made official in the rules so I don't fault those who ran in the Winter Face at all, that was what they thought was best. But it is sad to penalize those managers who never even broke the rules in the first place because the moderator of the contest meant it to be otherwise.

There was a contest in Jhans(aks Cosmoworld) that just ended recently that was in grave danger of being completely ruined awhile back when the original moderator of the contest changed direction in midstream because it wasn't what he "meant". Kudos went out to Cosmo for taking on the responsibilities and saving that contest. It is sad to say that this contest is in grave danger of being ruined as well because the moderator failed to completly communicate what he wanted. By no means am I comparing Youngblood to the other moderator.... but in this case the happenings are simialr in that the moderator changed the rules or added to them in mid-stream.

I have nothing but sincere respect for those who try to originate contests in the arenas(which seems to be a lot these days) in order to increase arena participation and revenue for RSI as well. They have their hands full keeping up with it and a succesfully run contest is a thing of beauty if run correctly. But when it ain't..... well it flat out stinks. So to all future contest organizers, I salute you for your time and dedication in organizing, maintaining, scorekeeping, etc in all future contests but please for the integrity of the contest make sure you cross your damn "T's" and dot your damn "i's" so you don't end up with egg on your face.

But !llkidk summed it up best... everyone is either damned if they do or damned if they don't.

Just my 2 cents from an outsiders point of view.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it possible to make it so the tournament never counted (skill wise) for the warriors who entered Youngblood's 3&O? That is not update the arena warriors with skills. It might be worth a try to ask. Then, we can pretend this turn never happened.
youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

anything is worth a shot at this point, i dont want anyone mad at me about this whole thing, i will ask, and see what sandy/lee says.

youngblood

illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Is it possible to make it so the tournament never counted (skill wise) for the warriors who entered Youngblood's 3&O? That is not update the arena warriors with skills. It might be worth a try to ask. Then, we can pretend this turn never happened.

Yeah, I was thinking that as well. RSI might be willing to pull skills and FE from the tourney but where does that leave those that spent 7 bucks per? I don't know if they would be willing to tack those skills on after the contest or not. You should contact them ASAP and see what they say. However, like Jekyll said, it is most unfortunate that oversights are made when organizing contests. You always have to get a group together and discuss contests or the loopholes will go unnoticed and we all know that DMers love loopholes. Then again it is also up to us as individuals to take responsibility for our own actions and not try to sneak around the rules. It's funny how much debate has been made about this issue AFTER the fact but seemingly no one brought it up before it became a real issue.

Before the whining starts, this post is more of a generalization of many contests I have participated in and monitored. These types of issues have surfaced in many contests throughout the years.

Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If RSI will tack the skills back on after the contest I'll go for that. One other question. I already agreed to the 4 losses so I'll accept that assuming RSI wont do the skill thing. However will my arena losses for this last turn count while everyone elses wont. If this is the case I'll be very disappointed. Don't double penalize me for an oversight in the rules. And for those who mentioned loophole let me say that I honestly thought tourney play was going to be wide spread. So answer me this Youngblood. Is Hammer eliminated and are Master Darque,Maximillian,Fizban, and Street Legal one loss away from elimination? I ask this assuming that RSI wont go along with the skills plan. And to answer it before it's asked no I wont allow those skills to be permanantly lost and eat the 28 dollars. If they will defer them then OK

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic