New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 22266

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - What is the loss total of each one of my warriors
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What was RSIs response on the ideas mentioned early in this thread?

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Assumptions and reality are two different animals. The fact is that no one has yet to produce facts of where "not running in the tourney" was discussed AND agreed upon, thus making it part of the rules. Manager just produced the one and thus far only time it was even remotly mentioned and nothing concrete or conclusive came out of it.

Isn't that I (and everyone) has been saying?

I don't see how Fizban's sacrifice is any different than anyone else's who didn't drop out of the competition. We're all in agreement that the rules were unclear and no matter what rulings there were, everyone is going to get hosed. On some of my warriors, I'd gladly exchange an extra loss for 3-5 extra FE. Sorry, but I don't see how Fizban is making a bigger sacrifice than everyone else who is playing in the competition.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sandbagging refers to a warrior coming into the contest with hidden FE. That was discussed as a deterrent to someone bringing a bunch of 0-0-0 warriors with 15+ FE.And as I said, and you have somewhat intimated with your 'cant find it' statement, it was never concluded or really even discussed. The others may have other reasons for not running their warriors (ie finances,too many other warriors, pure caution because they did not remember if there was a rule).

I stick by my statement of "great contest idea" but poorly moderated. And let me qualify by saying it's nothing personal against youngblood, it's just a live and learn situation and next time he runs this contest it'll be one step closer to perfect. I myself thought maybe give them a loss, but to absolve everyone that turn of any losses is, again, not just punishment for the tourney, but a reward for those who didn't happen to have the means or desire or whatever to run. IMHO

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Balzar
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The fact of the matter is that Fiz is the only one who entered his warriors in to the FTF. The whole object of the tournament was a level playing field for all. Manager against manager who is the best. Even if it was stated that we could enter in the FTF, wouldn't that negate the whole basis for the tournament? Some would TV others (like mine) would go 0-3. Either way, the playing field would no longer be even. Everybodies warriors would have different FE and some would have more learns than others. It's a matter of someone trying to get an edge in a contest that was entirely based on nobody having one. There is no way of salvaging the tournament, so let's just keep fighting and see what happens.

-Balzar, has an opinion that will be ignored, manager of Epoch

Honorable mention 6th grade spelling-bee
youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

okay, to start things off by saying that fizban is a respectable manager, for saying yes he did run in a tourney which gives him an edge in the contest. but you have to look at what i was face with. i had a couple of choices in the matter. i was ultimately thinking the contest was over, and was considering giving the managers with undefeated warriors a faves potion. then i thought to my self, "i cant do that, what about the managers that have invested their time and money into this contest." i couldnt leave them out, it wouldnt be fair, would it? that is when i came up with this idea of giving one loss to each of the warriors that participated in the face to face. to me it seemed logical, and the only way to keep the contest going, and keeping the majority of the managers content with continueing in the contest. i knew that this would make one or two mad, but it was the price i had to pay not only to save the contest but make it more fair for the others competing. so, street legal, seeing that you have an opinion in the matter at hand, which there is nothing wrong with that, you tell me what else i could have done, please do tell.

youngblood

Balzar
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Youngblood,
I am not questioning his character, nor am I questioning your decision to dish out a loss to his guys. I am just trying to clear the air about the point of the contest.

-Balzar, not going to win anyway, manager of Epoch

Honorable mention 6th grade spelling-bee
illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why not make tourney entries sit out until the overall FE of the contestants, given they missed no turns, reaches that of EACH tourney warrior? So if I went 3-3 in the tourney and we are in round 2 of the contest I would have to wait until round six to re-enter. Forget the losses tacked on and toss this up to a learning experience. If the contest is over before said tourney warrior can re-enter then he has just forfeited for his (mis)interpretation of the tourney rule, or lack thereof.

I'm not sure how many turns have ran since the tourney, I am just throwing solutions out on the fly.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
I myself thought maybe give them a loss, but to absolve everyone that turn of any losses is, again, not just punishment for the tourney, but a reward for those who didn't happen to have the means or desire or whatever to run. IMHO

FYI - Fizban did not run ALL of his warriors in the tourney and he is in fact benefiting on one of them from the absolving of the loss thing since his warrior Fizban did not go to the tourney (so doesn't get a loss added on) and lost this turn (meaning he should get the loss removed).
youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rillion wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
I myself thought maybe give them a loss, but to absolve everyone that turn of any losses is, again, not just punishment for the tourney, but a reward for those who didn't happen to have the means or desire or whatever to run. IMHO

FYI - Fizban did not run ALL of his warriors in the tourney and he is in fact benefiting on one of them from the absolving of the loss thing since his warrior Fizban did not go to the tourney (so doesn't get a loss added on) and lost this turn (meaning he should get the loss removed).

this has already been revealed and corrected.

Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

youngblood wrote:
this has already been revealed and corrected.

I hadn't realized that it had been missed before. I was just point it out because it seems like some managers (mainly those that claim to be just observing and not participating) keep saying that Fizban is getting punished and everyone else is getting rewarded. Managers are not getting punished or rewarded, warriors are, so Fizban's warrior that didn't go to the tourney gets rewarded by having his loss wiped clean.
youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

its cool, but yes your right. the decision was made before the turn came out, so instead of giving the warriors that fought the VC rules stable a free fight without win or loss, i just made it to where all warriors would be relieved of their losses this last turn.

youngblood

illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So has a turn ran since the catastrophe struck?

Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, the turn where all losses were not counted has run the next turn is monday i believe. Point is whats done is done. Lets just get on with it. For what its worth from the warriors I've faced thus far and from the crappy albiet extra skills I learned My money for an overall winner in this thing would not be one of mine. I think there is a warrior out there that is going to be very tough to beat with no tourney experience. We shall see. Very good contest Idea Youngblood and I would definately do it again and am sorry this one ran into the problems it did. It was not intentional on my part.
Fizban

youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

f1zban1488 wrote:
Yes, the turn where all losses were not counted has run the next turn is monday i believe. Point is whats done is done. Lets just get on with it. For what its worth from the warriors I've faced thus far and from the crappy albiet extra skills I learned My money for an overall winner in this thing would not be one of mine. I think there is a warrior out there that is going to be very tough to beat with no tourney experience. We shall see. Very good contest Idea Youngblood and I would definately do it again and am sorry this one ran into the problems it did. It was not intentional on my part.
Fizban

i know, and i feel responsible for it happening, i shoulda covered my bases. yes there will be another 3 and out contest, hopefully with more teams, better prizes, and more experience on my part, as far as contests' go. and as far as being a winner yet, nope i see 40-50+ warriors in this thing still, so hang in there guys,no one is on the verge of being eliminated until they have lost for the third time. GOOD LUCK.

youngblood

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic