New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Invasion of Tobir(14)
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bookie wrote:
Anonymous Person,

People like you deserve to be dipped in brown gravy and locked into a room with a wolverine high on Angeldust. Grow some kahunas and sign your name and stop trying to initiate arguments that have long since died.

Bookie, standing right here for everyone to see

Maybe we need to take a lesson out of the andorian invasion defense handbook and ignore this person... he/she obviously loves getting the play on the forum that we all give him/her

Xerxes
...tired of people who cower behind the anonymous post

Member of Amicitia Primoris

Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Bookie
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:

Obviously we're not going to solve the Delarquan / Andorian thing on the 73,457th go 'round of it. I will say, however, that I consider dropping a 32 pt downchallenge from the top of Ch. Inits with a 7-3-2 warrior down onto an 0-1 warrior as a punk maneuver and I don't really see that there's a lot of grey area in that one. Something being legal doesn't make it right and it is perfectly legal to play like a punk should one choose to do so. It's about having some ethics, sportsmanship and class and how one chooses to play the game.

For instance, when the family gets together on holidays and plays volleyball, I suppose I could keep hitting it every time to my 8 year old niece or one of the women I know can't hit it back over the net, but it just seems pointless and classless. What a hollow victory that'd be. Sure it's legal, but is that really the point?

Hey man, when we're playing reality simulation beach family volleyball i'll be more then happy to play nice but DUEL 2 isn't reality simulation beach family volleyball. This is a game about warriors. There's no room for wussies in dueling. Part of playing this game is being initiated into the fold by taking your knocks. I'm not into destroying newbs. Hell, i have been screaming to save the newbs for months! But if a newb gets a big mouth hell ya i'll slap him back to reality. It's part of Dueling. And I bet you money that if you're eight year old neice kept talking smack the way some DM players do you'd hit her with the ball...probably several times, just to shut her up. (that part was a joke for all you andorian serious no sense of humour types).

Suicidal Dreams--DM 36
Naturalborn Killers--DM 18
Adult Swim--DM 47
kLk Forums: http://s9.invisionfree.com/ILLUMINATIDM
Love me, hate me, you'll never forget me.....
Bounty Hunter of Alastari's Mos
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LocoInArizona wrote:
Used to call myself Pyros back in the late 80's, then I came back and primarially stayed anonymous except for calling myself Natas for a while... the second stint in DM was only for a few months until I ran out of funds and had to concentrate on what was important in life... food, home, clothes, etc. Hope that jars your memory, but I was so obscure (by design) that I could have walked into a bar and no one would have known who I was.

Well, that is a brief history of myself...

Xerxes
who still hopes his wife doesn't see the other post

What teams/arenas, notable ADM warriors I might recognize?

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bookie wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

Obviously we're not going to solve the Delarquan / Andorian thing on the 73,457th go 'round of it. I will say, however, that I consider dropping a 32 pt downchallenge from the top of Ch. Inits with a 7-3-2 warrior down onto an 0-1 warrior as a punk maneuver and I don't really see that there's a lot of grey area in that one. Something being legal doesn't make it right and it is perfectly legal to play like a punk should one choose to do so. It's about having some ethics, sportsmanship and class and how one chooses to play the game.

For instance, when the family gets together on holidays and plays volleyball, I suppose I could keep hitting it every time to my 8 year old niece or one of the women I know can't hit it back over the net, but it just seems pointless and classless. What a hollow victory that'd be. Sure it's legal, but is that really the point?

Hey man, when we're playing reality simulation beach family volleyball i'll be more then happy to play nice but DUEL 2 isn't reality simulation beach family volleyball. This is a game about warriors. There's no room for wussies in dueling. Part of playing this game is being initiated into the fold by taking your knocks. I'm not into destroying newbs. Hell, i have been screaming to save the newbs for months! But if a newb gets a big mouth hell ya i'll slap him back to reality. It's part of Dueling. And I bet you money that if you're eight year old neice kept talking smack the way some DM players do you'd hit her with the ball...probably several times, just to shut her up. (that part was a joke for all you andorian serious no sense of humour types).

Well, sure, if it were your niece ......... Laughing

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The first 'larq team has hit the shores of Tobir and we welcomed them off the boat Wink All kidding aside welcome to Az and no need to be ashamed of the losses...... EXCEPT for the one to CRACK BABY. This was my warrior intended to make a run at JOB's 0-72 record. Damn 'larqs are spoiling my arena already Twisted Evil

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I forgot about this contest idea. I still think it is a good one. Anyone intersted in a Delarq invasion of DM 14?

Polarius

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy

Warlord of DOOMcorps
Blitzkrieg
www.DOOMcorps.com
Khorvinus
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A few years have passed since this topic was brought up. A few people that were throwing this idea around dont play anymore. I have always thought myself as a freeblade, even with the change of my persona. This idea is something that I think would be a great idea, though I wouldnt be sure as to which side I would take.

Khorvinus

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So how does this work exactally? I have a team in Tobir as well as teams in 2 Delarq arenas. 1 Delarq arena is active and neither the Tobir team nor the team in Jhans is active. Is this invasion simply starting a new delarq style team in Tobir, which for me would be stupid since I don't fight like a Delarq even on their home turf. Do we transfer a Delarq team into Tobir which again for me would be futile since I already have a team in Tobir, or is this like a tournament between arenas which I would be totally up for and would really like to run a team on each side if possible. Anyway, how does this work?

EDIT: I went back and read the biginning of the thread, I would fight on the Andorian side as that is how I fight and were I started.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
So how does this work exactally? I have a team in Tobir as well as teams in 2 Delarq arenas. 1 Delarq arena is active and neither the Tobir team nor the team in Jhans is active. Is this invasion simply starting a new delarq style team in Tobir, which for me would be stupid since I don't fight like a Delarq even on their home turf. Do we transfer a Delarq team into Tobir which again for me would be futile since I already have a team in Tobir, or is this like a tournament between arenas which I would be totally up for and would really like to run a team on each side if possible. Anyway, how does this work?

EDIT: I went back and read the biginning of the thread, I would fight on the Andorian side as that is how I fight and were I started.

Gentleben,

I have an inactive team in Tobir. I would just activate it and declare myself a Delarq there to rescue the city from Andorian oppression : )

Polarius

- John F. Kennedy

Warlord of DOOMcorps
Blitzkrieg
www.DOOMcorps.com
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd be up for this, on the Delarquen side. Not that I have a Delarquen playing style (I never challenge down unless I am Duelmaster), but early on, when Darkholm was still the cool ADM place to be, I decided to send all my teams to Delarquen arenas, so that they would all end up in the same regional ADM arena. That tradition has continued to the present day.

Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I suppose I will begin to organize a Coalition of the Willing to liberate the citizens of Tobir. (AKA: I am going to try to pull some of my Delarq brothers out of retirement!)

Polarius

- John F. Kennedy

Warlord of DOOMcorps
Blitzkrieg
www.DOOMcorps.com
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Polarius wrote:
I suppose I will begin to organize a Coalition of the Willing to liberate the citizens of Tobir. (AKA: I am going to try to pull some of my Delarq brothers out of retirement!)

Polarius

In case anyone was wondering, considering I have posted on other topics, I am not ignoring this but laying back and seeing how much interest there is before I jump into the foray. I would certainly welcome the company in Tobir (I have propped it up, after all, for about 7 of the last 11-12 years; Khisanth, Centauri, and the Wu-Tang Manager have helped make it interesting this past year or so) but I have been quite busy with my Dad in the hospital, again, for the past 2 weeks.

I could almost certainly score, or help score, this event if we can pull it together finally.

I would of course be Andorian!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Polarius wrote:

Polarius

In case anyone was wondering, considering I have posted on other topics, I am not ignoring this but laying back and seeing how much interest there is before I jump into the foray. I would certainly welcome the company in Tobir (I have propped it up, after all, for about 7 of the last 11-12 years; Khisanth, Centauri, and the Wu-Tang Manager have helped make it interesting this past year or so) but I have been quite busy with my Dad in the hospital, again, for the past 2 weeks.

I could almost certainly score, or help score, this event if we can pull it together finally.

I would of course be Andorian!

Street Legal,

I've been talking to some of my retired Delarq friends. I'm lobbying them pretty hard. Hopefully I'll have some kind of update soon.

Polarius

- John F. Kennedy

Warlord of DOOMcorps
Blitzkrieg
www.DOOMcorps.com
Khorvinus
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All I want to know is how one whom considers himself a Freeblade would throw his hat in the ring in such an affair?

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Khorvinus wrote:
All I want to know is how one whom considers himself a Freeblade would throw his hat in the ring in such an affair?

more or less
yes and no
caught in the middle
plus and minus
...........................etc

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic