New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Sunset's kill ratio
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Has anyone noticed if the upped kill ratio that goes on in Sunset extends to the tourney? I just had a warrior go 2-3-2 in the class he was in and I'm curious if that has been tracked.

Unfortunately I didn't play any more warriors in the tourney from Sunset... this was my first from the city.

Anyone else notice this?

Member of Amicitia Primoris

Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LocoInArizona wrote:
Has anyone noticed if the upped kill ratio that goes on in Sunset extends to the tourney? I just had a warrior go 2-3-2 in the class he was in and I'm curious if that has been tracked.

Unfortunately I didn't play any more warriors in the tourney from Sunset... this was my first from the city.

Anyone else notice this?

Not really. I've been playing in Sunset a good portion of my DM career, and haven't seen any correlation. Sunset is just generally known as a more bloodthirsty arena on the average, I don't think its warriors get any special kill bonus or anything of that nature for tournies. Nice job with that guy, though!

Cosmo
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LocoInArizona wrote:

Anyone else notice this?

*** I don't know if it effects tourneys or not, but yes, Sunset has an increased kill percentage.

Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cosmo wrote:
LocoInArizona wrote:

Anyone else notice this?

*** I don't know if it effects tourneys or not, but yes, Sunset has an increased kill percentage.

Are you saying you believe or know that Sunset as an arena is programmed to have a higher kill rate than others in the game? I wouldn't think RSI would do something like that. If so, who told you? Or are you just saying it's due to the normal overall higher level of bloodthirstiness on average of the managers there?

TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have heard that RSI has set 2 arenas to have higher kill % ratio's. 21 and 46. Have I heard it from RSI's mouth? No. But I have heard it from many managers.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I point blank asked an RSI employee about DM 21. They wouldn't give me a straight answer. I asked "would a warrior be more likely to get killed in DM 21?" And the answer I got was "yes." (maybe not exact words but close)

Polarius

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy

Warlord of DOOMcorps
Blitzkrieg
www.DOOMcorps.com
Aragorn
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

what about the other extreme, any arenas programmed with less kill % than the rest?
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aragorn wrote:
what about the other extreme, any arenas programmed with less kill % than the rest?

If it is, you can scratch any that I frequent off the list.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Someone did a study one time, tracking the kill % in the various arenas for a few months. The results showed all of the arena kill percentages pretty even. I say that for arenas like Sunset (and Arvident), it's all in your heads--of course you're more likely to have you warriors die in some arenas--the managers that run there like to kill.

Last edited by Managerr on Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Someone did a study one time, tracking the kill % in the various arenas for a few months. The results showed all of the results pretty even. I say that for arenas like Sunset (and Arvident), it's all in your heads--of course you're more likely to have you warriors die in some arenas--the managers that run there like to kill.

BS, BS, BS Exclamation

Ardivent was long our Home arena as Fandil The Wise was our very first Consortium Manager. Over the years, aggressive management was the style and there were many kills. WE, The Consortium, coined the phrase "Arena Of The Red Sands" for Ardivent, due to the many deaths. We promoted it often, and the title and the publicity "stuck". We ran an extensive review of kills, and as Manager said, there really was no disscrimination of "extra death" in Ardivent, or any of the 20 other arenas in the study.

Just goes to show what publicity, and stubborn word-of-mouth effort can do for an arena.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Azrael
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

10-7-3 aiming at the legs with a slasher, kill, 2-3-5 wiyh a tp and kill, my kills in 21 far outwiegh my other arena's, and my teams are young enough that the diffrence is notable. I run most of my warriors of certain styles certain ways, I rarely get kills with my slashers and neve with a tp. I think if you look at overall arena rec's you aren't going to see much diffrence in kill ratio, look at individual team results.

"KNOW MY WRATH!"

"Peace through Tyranny."
Cosmo
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stikdm wrote:
Cosmo wrote:
LocoInArizona wrote:

Anyone else notice this?

Are you saying you believe or know that Sunset as an arena is programmed to have a higher kill rate than others in the game? I wouldn't think RSI would do something like that. If so, who told you? Or are you just saying it's due to the normal overall higher level of bloodthirstiness on average of the managers there?

*know*

Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cosmo wrote:
Stikdm wrote:
Cosmo wrote:
LocoInArizona wrote:

Anyone else notice this?

*know*

Well, if it's true the results are a bit too uneven for me to notice it. My current team there is approaching 300 wins, and we've got all of 5 kills, running with KD's in the 4-6 range normally.

Cosmo
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm, I will admit that's surprising. I don't "try" to kill, but my % is higher than that in most arenas.

Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stikdm wrote:
Cosmo wrote:
Stikdm wrote:
Cosmo wrote:
LocoInArizona wrote:

Anyone else notice this?

*know*

Well, if it's true the results are a bit too uneven for me to notice it. My current team there is approaching 300 wins, and we've got all of 5 kills, running with KD's in the 4-6 range normally.

**I believe a lot of your "lack of killing" Stik is attributted to the type of warriors you run. I lose out of every 3 warriors that reach the champions class at least 1 quite reguraly in Sunset. My teams run about a 10% kill to win ratio there. And historically, the team Anime Legends would almost surely have reached 100 kills a full 4-5 years before Doc Steeles team did in Talcama if they had stayed active. Anime Legends had like 50 kills in 91 when they retired and they didn't utilize the DA. Sons of Satan has been active again for a year or so and has 10+ kills.
So whether or not Sunset has a programmed higher kill ratio is purely speculative. I don't know if Ardivent got its nickname from the commission or not, but I was there in Sunset turn 1 when the arena introduction story dubbed Sunset "The Arena of Death". Which leads me to believe that the program is different.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic