Duel2.Com  
•   Home  •  Rules  •  Your Account  •  Forums  • Newsletters  •
Navigate
· Home
· Content
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Members List
· Newsletters
· Old Newsletters
· Private Messages
· Setup
· Tourneys
· Your Account
User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: sajjad321
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1255

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 8 **SPOILERS**
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Jul 18, 2005
Posts: 939

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire's Turn 8 UNOFFICIAL RANKINGS

Sea Dogs, Sparf!, Leaky Teepee, Ind Drinks, and Pomp Paladins didn't get P Ads in as far as I could tell (CHECK!) Everyone else got the +1

Janix: +20
G House 2: +18
Caress of Steel: +14
Of Wolf and Man: +13
Sea Dogs: +8
Hold that Tiger: +7
Battle Beasts 2: +6 (didn't run but got personals in for +1!)
Sparf!: +6
Leaky Teepee: +5
Steel Reign: +4
Millenium Metal: +2
Indulgant Drinks: +1
Eye of the Storm: -5
Memorial Hammerz: -8
Pompous Paladins: -11

_________________
Tripwire, Iron Council
View user's profileSend private message
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8847
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TripwireDuel wrote:
Tripwire's Turn 8 UNOFFICIAL RANKINGS

Sea Dogs, Sparf!, Leaky Teepee, Ind Drinks, and Pomp Paladins didn't get P Ads in as far as I could tell (CHECK!) Everyone else got the +1

Janix: +20
G House 2: +18
Caress of Steel: +14
Of Wolf and Man: +13
Sea Dogs: +8
Hold that Tiger: +7
Battle Beasts 2: +6 (didn't run but got personals in for +1!)
Sparf!: +6
Leaky Teepee: +5
Steel Reign: +4
Millenium Metal: +2
Indulgant Drinks: +1
Eye of the Storm: -5
Memorial Hammerz: -8
Pompous Paladins: -11


Anyone in double digits should be SHOT! (Well, the Paladins are acceptable.)

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1004 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 107K+ fights and 70K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1533*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1474; Lenpros DM30 @ 1435; Fandils @ 1340
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Jul 18, 2005
Posts: 939

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well my day today has gone well! 5-0 in this contest, 2-0 and 4-0 in two other arenas and DM 18 contest is next in! Hopefully the trend will continue although I DA'd 2 guys in 18 this turn.

_________________
Tripwire, Iron Council
View user's profileSend private message
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 17, 2002
Posts: 1054

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well done Kat! You've managed to keep your lead for another turn. Mad

Anyone know how the "one allowed" DA works? Is it scored (costing you 2 points for the loss & kill) or is it a true freebie?
View user's profileSend private message
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 17, 2002
Posts: 1054

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Never mind, I answered my own question, by reading the rules. The DA fight is scored. Hmm...now I need to decide if it is worth taking a -2 hit to get Oliver Wood into the contest....decisions, decisions...
View user's profileSend private message
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: May 06, 2003
Posts: 2173
Location: Frozen Tundra of North Dakota

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
TripwireDuel wrote:
Tripwire's Turn 8 UNOFFICIAL RANKINGS

Sea Dogs, Sparf!, Leaky Teepee, Ind Drinks, and Pomp Paladins didn't get P Ads in as far as I could tell (CHECK!) Everyone else got the +1

Janix: +20
G House 2: +18
Caress of Steel: +14
Of Wolf and Man: +13
Sea Dogs: +8
Hold that Tiger: +7
Battle Beasts 2: +6 (didn't run but got personals in for +1!)
Sparf!: +6
Leaky Teepee: +5
Steel Reign: +4
Millenium Metal: +2
Indulgant Drinks: +1
Eye of the Storm: -5
Memorial Hammerz: -8
Pompous Paladins: -11


Anyone in double digits should be SHOT! (Well, the Paladins are acceptable.)


I agree. Here I got all excited for second thinking I had gone +4 for the turn, then I realized, that's actually my ever-downward-spiraling ranking. Damn...

_________________
Stik
Grim Fandango (21)
and various DM82/84/100 projects
View user's profileSend private message
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 712
Location: DJI Central

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rillion wrote:
Well done Kat! You've managed to keep your lead for another turn. Mad

Anyone know how the "one allowed" DA works? Is it scored (costing you 2 points for the loss & kill) or is it a true freebie?


Ah, but the tenuous grip is starting to slip - and the cracks are appearing in the armor. If I can hold out a little longer, I just might place well in this little suare' Laughing
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3413
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just for official confirmation for Rillion you do take a -2. Thankfully my strats got in, I mailed them Monday for the Thursday duedate, and I got rid of my deadwood. He was a Ripper with great damage and at least +3 DEF which is why he survived but he was JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNK! I cannot run rippers to save my life (Killswitch is a 21 WT ripper and I can't get him going either)

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View user's profileSend private message
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 17, 2002
Posts: 1054

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FYI Street, you have my turn 6+ total wrong in the spotlight last turn. On turn 6, I scored a -1, on turn 7 I scored 4. So it should have listed me as having 3 points for turns 6-10. My overall total is right though.

Of course maybe you were just being prophetic, since after this last turn my turn 6-10 total is now 6.
View user's profileSend private message
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Jul 18, 2005
Posts: 939

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Just for official confirmation for Rillion you do take a -2. Thankfully my strats got in, I mailed them Monday for the Thursday duedate, and I got rid of my deadwood. He was a Ripper with great damage and at least +3 DEF which is why he survived but he was JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNK! I cannot run rippers to save my life (Killswitch is a 21 WT ripper and I can't get him going either)


Rippers are awefully hard in a contest where you can't challenge. I went with styles that I thought would match up and win at mid-level rather than early. We will see if that pans out.

This last turn I went 5-0 with 4 wins vs TP's, that is what I was hoping for. I have 1 PL, 1 BA, 1 WS, 2 TP (One an offensive TP). The scum, now that I have him running right, could probably outscum anyone out there if they are scumming as well. I had him running pretty high before for some unknown (Not watching my maintenance) reason.

_________________
Tripwire, Iron Council
View user's profileSend private message
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 17, 2002
Posts: 1054

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My ripper went 5-0 in the contest before he graduated. But then again he was a sand bagger and got lucky with fav's. He was also a bit unusual design for a ripper, looking more like a lunger 17 wit/will & 11 deftness.
View user's profileSend private message
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3413
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Rill. I need to double check things again as I noticed I typoed the "Paladins" score as well. -9+1=-9??? Must be my edumacation Shocked

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB 2.0.10 © 2001 phpBB Group

Version 2.0.6 of PHP-Nuke Port by Tom Nitzschner © 2002 www.toms-home.com
Forums ©
:: fisubsilver shadow phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by coldblooded (www.nukemods.com) ::