Duel2.Com  
•   Home  •  Rules  •  Your Account  •  Forums  • Newsletters  •
Navigate
· Home
· Content
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Members List
· Newsletters
· Old Newsletters
· Private Messages
· Setup
· Tourneys
· Your Account
User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: DarrenBymn
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1243

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Loyalties
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Sep 13, 2005
Posts: 753
Location: Shadowspire, Mordant, Aruak City

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Who claims Andorian loyalties, regardless of alliance affiliation or current arenas being played?

_________________
Lord Xiang
Delarquan Loyalist;
Shadowspire (81), Telorinthe (83), Aruak City (11)-somebody has to give the Andorians acid reflux!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Aug 12, 2003
Posts: 1274
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been Andorian from day one. But in non-Andorian arenas (or any arena for that matter), I respect the local style and may play by it.

_________________
Steve (Adie/Tankesh)
respect: noun. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.
transitive verb. To avoid violation of or interference with.
View user's profileSend private messageYahoo Messenger
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8836
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Who claims Andorian loyalties, regardless of alliance affiliation or current arenas being played?


Most of our managers are Andorian - hence our primary affiliation.

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Sep 13, 2005
Posts: 753
Location: Shadowspire, Mordant, Aruak City

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Adie wrote:
I've been Andorian from day one. But in non-Andorian arenas (or any arena for that matter), I respect the local style and may play by it.


Meaning you're a closet 'Larq, and your values are discarded like a wedding band after 4 days travel from home? Or meaning you hire local talent, and don't force them to train to a foreign style? Personally, it matters not to me, but your compatriots might find something wrong with your statement.

p.s. I enjoy playing to different styles myself, as it allows for subtle differences that are refreshing.

_________________
Lord Xiang
Delarquan Loyalist;
Shadowspire (81), Telorinthe (83), Aruak City (11)-somebody has to give the Andorians acid reflux!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8836
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Adie wrote:
I've been Andorian from day one. But in non-Andorian arenas (or any arena for that matter), I respect the local style and may play by it.


Meaning you're a closet 'Larq, and your values are discarded like a wedding band after 4 days travel from home? Or meaning you hire local talent, and don't force them to train to a foreign style? Personally, it matters not to me, but your compatriots might find something wrong with your statement.

p.s. I enjoy playing to different styles myself, as it allows for subtle differences that are refreshing.


Defining Adie as a closet Delarq is like calling our boss a closet Democrat! Ain't gonna happen Exclamation

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Sep 13, 2005
Posts: 753
Location: Shadowspire, Mordant, Aruak City

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oops. I forgot to add smilies and such to show I was joking. Please accept my humor as was intended. Mea Culpa.

_________________
Lord Xiang
Delarquan Loyalist;
Shadowspire (81), Telorinthe (83), Aruak City (11)-somebody has to give the Andorians acid reflux!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8836
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Oops. I forgot to add smilies and such to show I was joking. Please accept my humor as was intended. Mea Culpa.


Uh, it WAS taken as a humorous comment. As was ours intended. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Sep 13, 2005
Posts: 753
Location: Shadowspire, Mordant, Aruak City

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Laughing Laughing

And as for The Consortium being closet Democrats? That is their personal choice. I won't hold their politics against them.

How somebody could be a staunch Republican wind up being Andorian is beyond my comprehension. It's like Reagan being soft on Communism!

_________________
Lord Xiang
Delarquan Loyalist;
Shadowspire (81), Telorinthe (83), Aruak City (11)-somebody has to give the Andorians acid reflux!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Mar 12, 2003
Posts: 971
Location: Bay Area, CA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing

And as for The Consortium being closet Democrats? That is their personal choice. I won't hold their politics against them.

How somebody could be a staunch Republican wind up being Andorian is beyond my comprehension. It's like Reagan being soft on Communism!


Or like Saddam Hussein being soft on Genghis Khan.

_________________
--Travis
The Sentinel
<=======|-- --|=======>
View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3406
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Careful with the political talk boys your liable to get me going again. Especially since Bush II has adopted many Historically Democratic stances (Truman Doctrine, Wilson's making the world safe for democracy, CLINTON'S policy on invading Iraq, etc.). It pains me to admit that! Don't worry that's the end of my talk on this matter! Except to say VIVA ANDORIA Exclamation

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View user's profileSend private message
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Mar 12, 2003
Posts: 971
Location: Bay Area, CA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Careful with the political talk boys your liable to get me going again. Especially since Bush II has adopted many Historically Democratic stances (Truman Doctrine, Wilson's making the world safe for democracy, CLINTON'S policy on invading Iraq, etc.). It pains me to admit that! Don't worry that's the end of my talk on this matter! Except to say VIVA ANDORIA Exclamation


Well, if we're going to open that door. That's OK because he has offset that with conservatism of the worst sort to balance the scales. Handing the country lock stock and barrel to the deep religious right, chipping away at reproductive and basic civil rights, managing the govt as a vehicle for the oil companies' and others corporate profits, invading Iraq like his father and unlike Clinton, the vicious attacks against anyone who disagrees with the adminstration's hawkish policies, unwillingness to participate with good faith in the international community, the absolutely arrogant disrespect for the rule of law or the separation of powers in this country, wrapping his treason in the flag, and convincing the gullible masses of this country that he represents their interests. Etc.

Whoa, did I say that all out loud? And I will as well refrain from dragging this into an exteneed political discussion. Happy holidays to all!

_________________
--Travis
The Sentinel
<=======|-- --|=======>
View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8836
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
Careful with the political talk boys your liable to get me going again. Especially since Bush II has adopted many Historically Democratic stances (Truman Doctrine, Wilson's making the world safe for democracy, CLINTON'S policy on invading Iraq, etc.). It pains me to admit that! Don't worry that's the end of my talk on this matter! Except to say VIVA ANDORIA Exclamation


Well, if we're going to open that door. That's OK because he has offset that with conservatism of the worst sort to balance the scales. Handing the country lock stock and barrel to the deep religious right, chipping away at reproductive and basic civil rights, managing the govt as a vehicle for the oil companies' and others corporate profits, invading Iraq like his father and unlike Clinton, the vicious attacks against anyone who disagrees with the adminstration's hawkish policies, unwillingness to participate with good faith in the international community, the absolutely arrogant disrespect for the rule of law or the separation of powers in this country, wrapping his treason in the flag, and convincing the gullible masses of this country that he represents their interests. Etc.

Whoa, did I say that all out loud? And I will as well refrain from dragging this into an exteneed political discussion. Happy holidays to all!


Happy Holidays to all!
(Even the Bush Bashers, or is that Scum Bashers or Tank Bashers?)
We're voting for him again for the 3rd term ..... oh, we can't? How sad.

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Aug 12, 2003
Posts: 1274
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:
Adie wrote:
I've been Andorian from day one. But in non-Andorian arenas (or any arena for that matter), I respect the local style and may play by it.


Meaning you're a closet 'Larq, and your values are discarded like a wedding band after 4 days travel from home? Or meaning you hire local talent, and don't force them to train to a foreign style? Personally, it matters not to me, but your compatriots might find something wrong with your statement.

p.s. I enjoy playing to different styles myself, as it allows for subtle differences that are refreshing.


Defining Adie as a closet Delarq is like calling our boss a closet Democrat! Ain't gonna happen Exclamation


LOL!! Laughing Nice! Even though I meant what I said, I've actually only run in one non-Andorian basic arena, and that was a Lirith Kai Arena, so actually, I've never actually HAD to change my style to fit the arena I'm in. I'll let you know if I ever come out of the closet... as a 'Larq that is. Wink

Ps. Xiang, if you ever run into Tankesh in a non-Andorian arena, you might learn he was never in the closet to begin with! Twisted Evil

_________________
Steve (Adie/Tankesh)
respect: noun. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.
transitive verb. To avoid violation of or interference with.
View user's profileSend private messageYahoo Messenger
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Sep 13, 2005
Posts: 753
Location: Shadowspire, Mordant, Aruak City

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Adie wrote:
LOL!! Laughing Nice! Even though I meant what I said, I've actually only run in one non-Andorian basic arena, and that was a Lirith Kai Arena, so actually, I've never actually HAD to change my style to fit the arena I'm in. I'll let you know if I ever come out of the closet... as a 'Larq that is. Wink


I look forward to that day we find you in Mordant! You will find, I believe, that my play style *SHOCK!!* isn't much different there than in Aruak City. I will, however, use all the tools available in a conflict (ie responding to a DC or in a Bloodfeud) when not restrained, as in Aruak City.

Adie wrote:
Ps. Xiang, if you ever run into Tankesh in a non-Andorian arena, you might learn he was never in the closet to begin with! Twisted Evil


Twisted Evil I SOOOOOO won't go down that road.....

_________________
Lord Xiang
Delarquan Loyalist;
Shadowspire (81), Telorinthe (83), Aruak City (11)-somebody has to give the Andorians acid reflux!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Aug 12, 2003
Posts: 1274
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Twisted Evil I SOOOOOO won't go down that road.....


Laughing What? You aren't going to 'take advantage' after I gave you such an easy road... Cry

Wink

_________________
Steve (Adie/Tankesh)
respect: noun. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.
transitive verb. To avoid violation of or interference with.
View user's profileSend private messageYahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB 2.0.10 © 2001 phpBB Group

Version 2.0.6 of PHP-Nuke Port by Tom Nitzschner © 2002 www.toms-home.com
Forums ©
:: fisubsilver shadow phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by coldblooded (www.nukemods.com) ::