New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - TOGS Rules
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here are the rules for TOGS V. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me or post the questions here for general consumption. Many people have expressed interest in the TOGS over the last year that haven't participated in the past and I really hope that you decide to join in the fun!

1. Each TOGS team consists of two managers. After the tourney starts, there will be no switching partners whatsoever, so choose your partners wisely. TOGS will last for 13 turns, so pick a partner you can stand for 6 months or so. Please announce your teams/partners in the newsletter, in these forums, via email, courier pigeon, yak back, etc. and include manager names and team names for both entrants.

2. The TOGS entry fee is 2 team setup gift certificates per manager (4 setups total per TOGS team). These will all be distributed as prizes during the TOGS. This entry fee is required before the start of the tourney with no exceptions being made. This is to ensure that nobody gets screwed if a team or manager decides to back out early. To submit your entry fee either:
...a) get RSI to send me 2 team setup gift certificates (preferred)
...b) send $10 cash/check/money order/whatever to me directly:
........Travis Stanger
........77B Terrace View Dr.
........Scotts Valley, CA 95066
I can also take payment via Paypal if that suits your fancy.

3. TOGS point system:
....10 points for winning on your up-challenge against another TOGS warrior.
......7 points for winning on your even challenge of another TOGS warrior.
......7 points for winning on another TOGS warrior's challenge.
......7 points for winning a random matchup against another TOGS warrior.
......4 points for winning on your down-challenge of another TOGS warrior.
......4 points for winning a random matchup against a non-TOGS warrior.
....10 points for being the Duelmaster.
.........DM points are in addition to all points listed above and will begin turn 1.

.....5 points for writing a spotlight.
....-5 points per manager per turn every time a manager does not at least write one
........personal ad.
....-5 points for being the team that avoided the most.

Do not fight your teammate, as you will not get any points. Since they are your teammate, that would be stupid. And it pains me to have to spell that out in the rules, but this came up as a point of contention in a previous TOGS. Welcome to my world. Also, you will not get any points if you challenge or get challenged by a non-TOGS team, so use your avoids wisely if you think someone is out to get you. Hopefully we will have no losers intent on interfering with the contest.

Spotlights have been a huge source of drama in some of the TOGS, so the following guidelines are in effect to address many of these issues. You are welcome to write as many as you like, but will receive points for a maximum of one per manager per turn. The minimum length of a spotlight to receive points is 1/2 column in the newsletter (that's 31 lines, each line 85 characters across) and I will be completely firm on this. In addition to the length criteria, spotlights will not be given points if they are in any way plagiarized, are not Duelmasters or fantasy related, or if you piss me off by repeatedly trying to circumvent the spirit and letter of the spotlight rules. Ganolus and I will be the sole judge of this. If you're unsure if we will judge something to be Duelmasters or fantasy related, then e-mail me before you write the spotlight and ask me. I reserve the right to take points away from a spotlight after they are given and/or disqualify the manager from the TOGS altogether if it is judged at a later time that the spotlight has been plagiarized.

4. There will be points multipliers in effect for the last four turns of the contest. All points accumulated by a team on turns 10 and 11 will be multiplied by 1.5 and all points accumulated by each team on turns 12 and 13 will be multiplied by 2. This helps keep things more wide open for everyone later into the contest and will hopefully help keep people interested and fighting until the end.

5. There will be some token prizes from the poll of rollup certificates for whichever team score the most combined points on a given turn. Tie breakers will go to the team with the most wins on that turn and then to the team with the most overall points. There will also be rollup certs for the top team(s) at the end. I'm not sure exactly what the breakdown will be until we know how many teams enter, but will announce this once I know more. There may also be some simple prizes like renaming the arena or transferring a warrior from another team onto your team in Aradi. But, there will intentionally be no TC quality prizes like there have been in some of the other arena contests.

6. My co-commissioner Ganolus and I will be the sole arbiters of any dispute that may arise. Whine all you like, but that's how it is.

7. We of the TOGS management reserve the right to disallow entry to this tourney if you have a previous history of being a big fat mouth about everything.

Please get your entrance fees in as soon as possible as no team will be allowed to enter the TOGS who has not paid in advance, no exceptions. Even if you don't have a partner yet, get the entrance fee taken care of anyway so you don't get stuck. I will happily refund anyone who pulls out before the start. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions or comments at TOGSman_at_gmail_dot_com. So everyone don your best pair of leg warmers, hop on your favorite farm animal, and ride to Aradi for the Tournament of the Golden Scrod. See you there!

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LHI wrote:
Here are the rules for TOGS V. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me or post the questions here for general consumption. Many people have expressed interest in the TOGS over the last year that haven't participated in the past and I really hope that you decide to join in the fun!

1. Each TOGS team consists of two managers. After the tourney starts, there will be no switching partners whatsoever, so choose your partners wisely. TOGS will last for 13 turns, so pick a partner you can stand for 6 months or so. Please announce your teams/partners in the newsletter, in these forums, via email, courier pigeon, yak back, etc. and include manager names and team names for both entrants.

2. The TOGS entry fee is 2 team setup gift certificates per manager (4 setups total per TOGS team). These will all be distributed as prizes during the TOGS. This entry fee is required before the start of the tourney with no exceptions being made. This is to ensure that nobody gets screwed if a team or manager decides to back out early. To submit your entry fee either:
........Travis Stanger

3. TOGS point system:
.........DM points are in addition to all points listed above and will begin turn 1.

....-5 points per manager per turn every time a manager does not at least write one
........personal ad.

Do not fight your teammate, as you will not get any points. Since they are your teammate, that would be stupid. And it pains me to have to spell that out in the rules, but this came up as a point of contention in a previous TOGS. Welcome to my world. Also, you will not get any points if you challenge or get challenged by a non-TOGS team, so use your avoids wisely if you think someone is out to get you. Hopefully we will have no losers intent on interfering with the contest.

Spotlights have been a huge source of drama in some of the TOGS, so the following guidelines are in effect to address many of these issues. You are welcome to write as many as you like, but will receive points for a maximum of one per manager per turn. The minimum length of a spotlight to receive points is 1/2 column in the newsletter (that's 31 lines, each line 85 characters across) and I will be completely firm on this. In addition to the length criteria, spotlights will not be given points if they are in any way plagiarized, are not Duelmasters or fantasy related, or if you piss me off by repeatedly trying to circumvent the spirit and letter of the spotlight rules. Ganolus and I will be the sole judge of this. If you're unsure if we will judge something to be Duelmasters or fantasy related, then e-mail me before you write the spotlight and ask me. I reserve the right to take points away from a spotlight after they are given and/or disqualify the manager from the TOGS altogether if it is judged at a later time that the spotlight has been plagiarized.

4. There will be points multipliers in effect for the last four turns of the contest. All points accumulated by a team on turns 10 and 11 will be multiplied by 1.5 and all points accumulated by each team on turns 12 and 13 will be multiplied by 2. This helps keep things more wide open for everyone later into the contest and will hopefully help keep people interested and fighting until the end.

5. There will be some token prizes from the poll of rollup certificates for whichever team score the most combined points on a given turn. Tie breakers will go to the team with the most wins on that turn and then to the team with the most overall points. There will also be rollup certs for the top team(s) at the end. I'm not sure exactly what the breakdown will be until we know how many teams enter, but will announce this once I know more. There may also be some simple prizes like renaming the arena or transferring a warrior from another team onto your team in Aradi. But, there will intentionally be no TC quality prizes like there have been in some of the other arena contests.

6. My co-commissioner Ganolus and I will be the sole arbiters of any dispute that may arise. Whine all you like, but that's how it is.

7. We of the TOGS management reserve the right to disallow entry to this tourney if you have a previous history of being a big fat mouth about everything.

Please get your entrance fees in as soon as possible as no team will be allowed to enter the TOGS who has not paid in advance, no exceptions. Even if you don't have a partner yet, get the entrance fee taken care of anyway so you don't get stuck. I will happily refund anyone who pulls out before the start. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions or comments at TOGSman_at_gmail_dot_com. So everyone don your best pair of leg warmers, hop on your favorite farm animal, and ride to Aradi for the Tournament of the Golden Scrod. See you there!

#7 says if you have a "big fat mouth" TOGS management can keep you out. Guess I can't play. This would keep Guardian out too.

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RTR wrote:
LHI wrote:

........Travis Stanger

3. TOGS point system:

........personal ad.

#7 says if you have a "big fat mouth" TOGS management can keep you out. Guess I can't play. This would keep Guardian out too.

Let us assure you that our rep The Creepster will have a very big fat mouth!

The TOGS is all about "fat mouths" and digging/one-upping/slamming/whacking/etc others in the arena.

This "rule" is there to assure that this is all about TOGS - and that nasty fighting/wording, excessive problem-making, plagarizing, not accepting the rules and the final refereeing - will get oneself permanently-TOGS-whacked.

Travis, and others whom we have all allowed and accepted to have this "godly decision" in the past, have handled it properly and with great care. When it comes to a great TOGS, Ganolus and The Sentinel stand tall (we seldom say THAT about Sentinel!) in their administrating godliness, as have others who have accepted this important role. They both have our complete trust. (And many other TOGSers, we are sure.)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
RTR wrote:
LHI wrote:

........Travis Stanger

3. TOGS point system:

........personal ad.

The TOGS is all about "fat mouths" and digging/one-upping/slamming/whacking/etc others in the arena.

This "rule" is there to assure that this is all about TOGS - and that nasty fighting/wording, excessive problem-making, plagarizing, not accepting the rules and the final refereeing - will get oneself permanently-TOGS-whacked.

Travis, and others whom we have all allowed and accepted to have this "godly decision" in the past, have handled it properly and with great care. When it comes to a great TOGS, Ganolus and The Sentinel stand tall (we seldom say THAT about Sentinel!) in their administrating godliness, as have others who have accepted this important role. They both have our complete trust. (And many other TOGSers, we are sure.)

I guess that would disqualify me too. And Sentinel.

Consortium, I believe you!

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

The Consortium said it very well. We have had a couple of people who ended up being real jerks and sapping the enjoyment out of the contest. Last year went very smooth with no major dramas and I hope and expect that this one will be much the same.

RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:

The Consortium said it very well. We have had a couple of people who ended up being real jerks and sapping the enjoyment out of the contest. Last year went very smooth with no major dramas and I hope and expect that this one will be much the same.

Very good. I really hate it when people are jerks.

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
[color=green]When it comes to a great TOGS, Ganolus and The Sentinel stand tall (we seldom say THAT about Sentinel!) [/color]

Even though he is a BACKSTABBER! Wink

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

While the TOGS is in progress, I will ask any participating managers to make sure they only have one active team in Aradi. Challenging into the contest with a second outside team would be strictly forbidden anyway and to avoid any inadvertent challenges and controversy, I think it's best just to disallow multiple teams altogether.

Gets those entry fees in as I've only seen a couple so far.

Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So far, I have received very few rollup gift certificates from the teams that have alredy declared interest and the first turn of TOGS is approaching fast. PLEASE get this taken care of ASAP as the last thing I want to do is start disqualifying teams on the eve of the TOGS because they haven't paid up. It's probably a good idea to email me at TOGSman_at_gmail.com or sentinel_at_cruzio.com when you contact RSI to send them so that I know they are coming.

Thanks!

Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
So far, I have received very few rollup gift certificates from the teams that have alredy declared interest and the first turn of TOGS is approaching fast. PLEASE get this taken care of ASAP as the last thing I want to do is start disqualifying teams on the eve of the TOGS because they haven't paid up. It's probably a good idea to email me at TOGSman_at_gmail.com or sentinel_at_cruzio.com when you contact RSI to send them so that I know they are coming.

Thanks!

check's in the mail

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ultraist wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

Thanks!

check's in the mail

Check and certs are in the mail for the whole team.

Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
[

Always trying to one-up me... Crying or Very sad

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ultraist wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
[

Talk about carrying your partner! I wouldn't worry about it too much.

BTW, Mr Consortium, care to cover my team's entry cost, too?!? Twisted Evil

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Talk about carrying your partner! I wouldn't worry about it too much.

He can take it out of prize pot when we win. Very Happy
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ultraist wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
[

Always works. Wink

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic