New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1577

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Starting up again after a long absence
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gameogre
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A high DF is a delight to have on any warrior, but most styles have at least one requirement that needs to be met first for a top rate example of the style (some have several).

AB is the style that must have DF to be any good. A first rate AB has 21 DF, period. (Due to receiving double the normal attack skills for DF of all other styles) Several versions of 17 Df AB's are played when they serve a special purpose for a specific team or have remarkable other stats in key areas but people who want to play their warriors to the top of Gateway only use 21 DF.

Now, a slasher if ideal, would have high wit (because all warriors need this to be ideal) good stats in speed and will (among other considerations these are the stats that impact bonuses) and good damage doing and endurance (any offensive will be a step up if they have at least good damage, although AB's need it the least and the absolute need varies between styles, and slasher is a medium-high endurance burn style - especially if you run them 10-10-7 the first minute - so while not quite as bad as lunger it really benefits from good endurance)

So after wit, which always comes first except for scum, will, and then you need to balance your choices between str, sp and df.

9/11 - something - something - 17/21 - 15 - 12 - 11/13 makes a really nice slasher if you can pull at least normal/normal and better if you can get one or both to good.
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry for the late reply, so I'll hit the points I read and found interesting...

1) Why do I hate bashers? They suck.

2) A *GOOD* PR can beat any style through AD. Unless it's a super lunger or aimer. But mind you, it has to be VERY GOOD. I've got plenty of run-of-th-mill rippers now, and they can do okay against most styles in basic and Freshman, but I only have two that I feel will be good in upper-AD. Knowing how to make a good one, and know how to run it, are two things that take practice.

3) For the most part, I agree with Ichy. 15 witters aren't that good. They can be. Just like a 21 witter that learns 1-2 fer turn, I've got 15 witters that learn 2-3. Run them a few times and see what you have. But for the most part, they aren't that swift.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic