New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1626

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - It's all about the madness Baaay Be
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Assur,Assur,Assur...

This team was given to me by Maximillian, the host of the tourney). He had 7 FE when I got him. He died with 10FE. I'm at a loss for words about the cheater comment.....

Shouldn't you say the same for Southern Boy's Aimer 'Doctor of Style'(I think) who had 9FE from a single tourney, and despite losing his fight came in with 19 recognition points? Ah well good thing I'm easy going.... to a point Wink
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh and just for the record: He gave me the team ONLY if I put them in the contest, as an enticement to join in the Madness!!!
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street Legal - Of course it isn't cheating! I'm a Delarquan. Anything within the rules is 'acceptable.' I just really really really want to win and this guy would have been, as you said, a 'lock' unless he died (which fortunately for me, he did).

Of course, as an Initiate, even death for this guy isn't permanent. But I'm glad I'll at least be on somewhat equal footing with him! A nice warrior, regardless.

As for the cheater comment, I didn't actually call you a cheater. I said 'practically.' I might have done the same in your position.

As for Doctor of Style, he has only a single tournament under his belt, which is quite reasonable, since every manager who made a decision to join could have that same experience. Doctor of Style just happened to R-Up.

And as for losing my respect, you haven't! But I did feel compelled to respond to your monster basher that was trying to win before it ever started. Enjoy my spotlight this turn. It is even more outrageous than my posts here.

I hope your Basher does TV dead Inits! If they don't die, my Bashers could easily have the same kind of FE, though I doubt they'll be in the same position, skill-wise. But I hope to kill off all my competition by then, so I might need another warrior to kill off!
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You should also know that he learned 3 ATT skills in 2 seperate fights this last tourney. I got him with Ex ATT (He is +2/+4) and Ex DEC. His huge jump in ATT came in 2 fights basically. I, as you may know, am an 'old school' Andorian. One not afraid of down-challenges or death to be clear on the Andorian part! I started in Tobir in late '85 and would never turn my back on my roots, even if the newer Andorians are not always to my liking phillosophically (eek).

Tobir used to have HUGE amounts of dead back in it's day, and I sometimes get to the point where I forget there is alot of role-playing going on (even in these public forums).

I was taken aback by the post, seeing as how that Madness post came well before you emailed, and I would have thought you would have read it before you contacted me.

The way I see it no harm,no foul. I shot back, in a public forum as well, though I didn't use any names, I guess the contest is already living up to it's moniker: THE MADNESS!!!!!! Twisted Evil

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Due date for round-2. Get those personals in, people!
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, so due date was yesterday....

Sue me
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic