New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104512

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - You Andorians
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Papaiz
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This all just brings me back to my question.

1) Why should I (not even an Andorian) be the one to up hold Andorian believes in an Andorian arena? Can someone answer this?

2) If there are no Andorians currently in 105 (an Andorian arena) to uphold those Andorian believes, then why should I play by the Andorian principals?

Adie: You are missing my point or maybe I am missing yours... If you and those other managers were there, I wouldn't have to resort to this. Hell, I want you and the others there.

Consortium: You know how I play as we have played in alot of arenas together, I don't like to DC, in fact I think it's a chicken shit way to win (Kellumbo). I don't think I have any other viable options though.
KD is irrelevant, as DCing is DCing, no matter where you do it.

Manager: I understand your priorities (tournies and timings), but as you know we have been through this with Kellumbo before. Sure maybe he told you he wouldn't do it anymore. But you are not there and he is back to his old ways.

At last Sentinel: I don't even call you Andorian. You should be the last one to have any comment on what I am about to do. As I said, DCing is DCing NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE. If you were Andorian, you wouldn't be DCing as well.

All: The due date for this next turn is on Saturday. You all get your heads together and come up with a better alternative to get more Andorians invloved. If you can do this, I'll change my challenges.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Papaiz wrote:
There has been no DCing for a very long time, until this mishap. On that note, I did it twice.

1) I had the throne, so I DC'd to try and defend it, lost anyway. Confused

2) I DC'd Gregola. As sure as I am sitting here, it was by accident. I challenged him the turn prior to it and I guess it went through the turn after. I would have wrote a PA and said sorry, but as you know, I am lazy and don't write adds.

I understand entirely. It was such a surprising act I figured there to be a reason behind it. No harm done!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
All: The due date for this next turn is on Saturday. You all get your heads together and come up with a better alternative to get more Andorians invloved. If you can do this, I'll change my challenges.

Or, we can alternatively kick your asses with along with Kellumbo's.
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Are we talking about downchallenging again? Bleh.

I think if downchallenging gets us off of our humps and makes us issue challenges and avoids instead of running on maintenance, then its not such a bad thing.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I think if downchallenging gets us off of our humps and makes us issue challenges and avoids instead of running on maintenance, then its not such a bad thing.

Stop looking to justify your evil playing style in the Andorian forums!

Quote:

You'd never know it by looking at the Challenge-less Darkholm newsletters.

Last edited by Managerr on Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Or, we can alternatively kick your asses with along with Kellumbo's.

And I thought I was the only one that got threatened!

Not that I have a dog in this fight, but my response would be: get in line!

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
You'd never know it by looking at the Challenge-less Darkholm newsletters.

Precisely! Many turns back, I threw up a bunch of downchallenges to The Muffin Man's warriors, and he got off his hump and challenged me back, and we kept it going for several turns, where every one of my warriors was involved in a challenge match.

And you know what? It was fun. I lost more than I won, but I looked forward to reading the fights and the newsletter and not once did anyone complain or get upset.

So relax. If someone downchallenges you, then downchallenge them back. Or upchallenge them back. Or use your avoids and challenge other warriors to make their challenges harder to get through. Post personal ads calling them a dirty Delarquan.

Maybe I'll fill out some strats for this next turn and try and get Doc Steele and TMM off of maintenance again.
Kellumbo
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think Papaiz is misleading a bit. For the most part, not 100%, but pretty close, in 105, he is the only person I downchallenge. I have my reasons for sticking it to him. I see how he handles things now. When the going gets tough, he comes crying to the forums.

Get off of you apathetic butt and try to do something about it, Papaiz.

I normally like to leave talking like this to the personal ads, as I really think this blurs things some, but if this is how you want to be, then so be it.

For a good chunk of the last year, my 105 guys have been on maintanance. No longer. You had better be filling out that wish to avoid section of the strat sheets, because the DC's are a comin' your way, Papaiz. Let's see what you do about it.

-Detective Kellumbo
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
And you know what? It was fun. I lost more than I won, but I looked forward to reading the fights and the newsletter and not once did anyone complain or get upset.

Phhbbt! So basically what you're saying is that you Delarquans need to be downchallenged in order to stay motivated? (Well--that might be true in neutral 100, where it seems like all the managers making challenges are Andorian and Free Blade with the exception of Doc Steele)

And therein lies one of the problems and one of the reasons why the regionals should stay separated. I don't usually find that kind of stuff fun, and don't really want to play in an arena with people who do.

Quote:
So relax. If someone downchallenges you, then downchallenge them back. Or upchallenge them back. Or use your avoids and challenge other warriors to make their challenges harder to get through. Post personal ads calling them a dirty Delarquan.

This I totally agree with. Just kick their ass, don't whine about it. (Well, unless you know the whining is going to absolutely accomplish something)

Last edited by Managerr on Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Papaiz
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
For a good chunk of the last year, my 105 guys have been on maintanance. No longer. You had better be filling out that wish to avoid section of the strat sheets, because the DC's are a comin' your way, Papaiz. Let's see what you do about it.

And this is different how?
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Adie wrote:
Sentinel and Managerr... if you show up in Andorak and fill it up a bit more, I'll just have to join you. Too bad the Consortium doesn't do ADM.

<sigh> That would require EFFORT and somehow I have totally fallen out of any kind of rhythm on getting my AD stuff in. Not consciously, but I have been mostly inactive in ADM for the better part of 2 years. I have been consdiering firing some guys up again, but we'll see, but I'm not planning any holy crusade.

Papaiz
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Quote:

This I totally agree with. Just kick their ass, don't whine about it. (Well, unless you know the whining is going to absolutely accomplish something)

You all still don't see my point, so I am going to try it this way.

[color=red] IT'S AN --->ANDORIAN<--- ARENA, WHERE ARE ALL THE --->ANDORIANS<--- TO UP HOLD THE ---->ANDORIAN<---- LAW THERE.[/color]

You want me to do something about it, fine, but don't whine when you don't like the mythod in which I choose to do it in. If I include the rest of the arena in the DCing, by DCing them, that is my choice.
Some say they are innocent, I say they are guilty as sin for calling themselves Andorian and letting it continue to happen.

So Manager "come and kick my ass" at least you will be there. Although it won't be for long, don't forget to time your warriors.
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Papaiz wrote:
This all just brings me back to my question.

1) Why should I (not even an Andorian) be the one to up hold Andorian believes in an Andorian arena? Can someone answer this?

Just because no one is rising to whatever sort of action you think they should doesn't mean that these same people condone, like, want to participate in whatever Kellumbo does. Kellumbo has caught his grief and will continue to do so for his transgressions. Make him pay and dress him down for it, but turning the same BS on other people serves no purpose. You want to jump on that same bandwaggon, then you'll be no better. If you're cool with that, then knock yourself out.
Papaiz wrote:
At last Sentinel: I don't even call you Andorian. You should be the last one to have any comment on what I am about to do. As I said, DCing is DCing NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE. If you were Andorian, you wouldn't be DCing as well.

Well since you've clearly said this is no longer between you and Kellumbo, then I'd say everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
You want me to do something about it, fine, but don't whine when you don't like the mythod in which I choose to do it in. If I include the rest of the arena in the DCing, by DCing them, that is my choice.
Some say they are innocent, I say they are guilty as sin for calling themselves Andorian and letting it continue to happen.

I say your logic is totally ridiculous. This is a perfect example of a person trying to pick on someone else because he's incapable of taking on the bully who is kicking his ass.

Quote:

So Manager "come and kick my ass" at least you will be there. Although it won't be for long, don't forget to time your warriors.

Given your past history of quitting and running then things go south, I will certainly hold out longer than you.

And now that the facts are out--you're the only one who Kellembo downchallenged (and you've done the same back to him in the past)--can you still wonder why the rest of the arena isn't rushing to your aid?
Papaiz
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My logic isn't flawed at all. I don't have the time nor the patience to put up with a jack ass who wants to DC me and avoid me.

And now you are getting personal, I have never quit because of anything in this game. I quit once because of money problems and I threatened to quit once because of the Jiles thing.

Get your facts straight. Kellumbo says something once and you believe him? Way back when he started all this crap in DM 26. THEN, he brought it over to 105. Then he told you he would stop. (I HAVE NOT DC'D HIM SINCE THEN, EVEN NOW SINCE HE HAS STARTED AGAIN).

You are right on one thing though, I come asking for help, ask you guys to give me alternatives and you tell me I am whining and to fight my own battles.

I am done with this post thread. I'll do what I want in 105 for now on.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic