New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104524

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Civil War
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just wanted to take a straw poll and see who would have interest and would be willing to participate in a Civil War of the 3 affiliations (Andorian,Freeblade,Delarqan) to be run sometime after the ending of ToGS. I'm thinking of it running in 14 unless Polarius makes a declaration of his contest coming to fruition!

Format and scoring to be determined!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
RascallyRabbit
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would, but I would have to be part of the FreeBlades group.

Also would prefer the 1st turn DA format to provide an even start for all.

"Every day life gives us 10,000 chances, all we have to do is reach out and take just one"
Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RascallyRabbit wrote:
I would, but I would have to be part of the FreeBlades group.

Also would prefer the 1st turn DA format to provide an even start for all.

I'd compete in a contest that required a first turn complete DA. Sounds like fun

"The easiest way to win is to knock them down and kill them"Mannequin
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd be game too... I'll save one of the horrible start-ups I have for that contest.

I think it goes without saying I'll be on the Delarquian side.
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Depending on the timing of the invasion (ie, after TOGS) or an increase in gaming budget, I'd be interested. I shall place aside one of my less than stellar rollups I have here for the DA on 1st round. I would, of course, follow the Delarquan flag.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Ghoti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd give it a go.. But I am not sure if I am free blades or Andorian.. I think free blades as I reserve the right to do what I want.. though I dont think it is quite to Delarq standards..

Then again..

Ghoti

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd be tentatively interested.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
I'd be tentatively interested.

same here

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ditto - though I'll have to graduate some of my folks before then. Otherwise, I'm not DA'ing the lot.
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would possibly be interested as well. As long as there is no personal ad or spotlight rules I am game. I also would prefer DAing all the first turn as well.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The key here is going to be to get a good part of the top managers of the 3 federations involved.

'larqs: Muffin Man and Doc Steele

Free: Sentinel and ? (Rillion, Tig Toad,Rascally Rabbit and such I'm not real familiar with the better Free Bladers sorry)

Andorian: Manager and Consortium

I'm thinking like a BR style scoring but with some possible modifiers. Scoring matches are only against other declared fighters from a warring faction (can't be 2 Andorian warriors; nope 0 score) Let's hash this out, drag those lazy SOB mega managers into this and find out once and for all whose the best!

As to modifiers:
I was so far thinking, for the 'larqs, a kill is worth 2 points on top of 1 point for the win, to be balanced off by an extra half point for every successful BF (if you win all 4 BFs you cancel their extra 2 points)

For the Andorians: An extra point for an up challenge win where the upchallenge was at least 15 points, balanced off by the fact that the higher ranked warrior will win more than lose; this would be negated in the Ch. Champs where 15 points means nothing

For all: Winning a fight where you were down challenged by more than 10 gets you an extra point balanced by the fact that most DCers will win

For the Free Blades: Your neutrally aligned between the 2 and do as you wish so DO AS YOU WISH.

These are not to say that only a 'larq could get the 2 for a kill just an added scoring system for their style of play, as is the UC for Andorians.

Let's talk it out find the best recipe for a true decider of the regional champion and make it happen. C'mon TMM or TUM get Doc Steele on board and the chips will fall!!

I don't like the DA first turn for this for 2 reasons. 1) It's a war your going to scout your best warriors to bring to a war right?!? and B) This will happen, if it does, sometime after the fall mailer so everyone has PLENTY of time to roll teams in whatever arena, fight them in tourneys, and transfer them to Tobir to battle it out!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Free: Sentinel and ? (Rillion, Tig Toad,Rascally Rabbit and such I'm not real familiar with the better Free Bladers sorry)

Guardian and Papa Bear. Or TigToad, Sandman, and Mannequin.
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:

As to modifiers:
I was so far thinking, for the 'larqs, a kill is worth 2 points on top of 1 point for the win, to be balanced off by an extra half point for every successful BF (if you win all 4 BFs you cancel their extra 2 points)

For the Andorians: An extra point for an up challenge win where the upchallenge was at least 15 points, balanced off by the fact that the higher ranked warrior will win more than lose; this would be negated in the Ch. Champs where 15 points means nothing

For all: Winning a fight where you were down challenged by more than 10 gets you an extra point balanced by the fact that most DCers will win

For the Free Blades: Your neutrally aligned between the 2 and do as you wish so DO AS YOU WISH.

I don't like the DA first turn for this for 2 reasons. 1) It's a war your going to scout your best warriors to bring to a war right?!? and B) This will happen, if it does, sometime after the fall mailer so everyone has PLENTY of time to roll teams in whatever arena, fight them in tourneys, and transfer them to Tobir to battle it out!

I really like the ideas for this contest. Here are some suggestions to get things rolling.

Get 2 Main "top level" managers per affiliation, then they can get together and select x number of managers from the game to be on their side. Lets say 8 for a total of 10.

I like the idea of bonus' for each affiliation also.

Larq - Get +2 for kill instead of +1 for kill and +1 for a win (+3 total instead of +2), -.5 per BF loss OR -.5 per turn you don't fight the warrior. (This will negate the ability to sit your guy out to keep from getting any negative points.)

Andorian - +1 for every upchallenge victory +15 or more, -1 for every downchallenge -15 or more (Unless DM or Top CC)

Freeblades - No penalties for DC or BF loss's etc..

Scoring: +1 for W, -1 for L, +1 for Kill, -1 for death vs contest opponents only! 0 is scored for loss or win vs non-contest affiliated opponent (including DA).

As far as DAing on turn 1, I am for it, it would allow the managers that may not be as experienced to start off on an even keel with the others. But either way it sounds like a great contest.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder what side the X-Syndicate folks will gravitate towards?

Scott
Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well it looks to me like Doc Steele has pretty much dropped the basic scene from what I can tell (He isn't in 6 or 11 anymore anyway), whether it's because of the current players claiming to be Delarq or some other reason.

I'd wonder if this was enough to get Doc involved, and if not who the Delarq leadership would consist of.

I'd really want to have a full DA the first turn just to mix everyone all together, and it would be worth bringin in one of my crappy teans from a closed arena to do it with.

"The easiest way to win is to knock them down and kill them"Mannequin
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic