New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Prizes
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Maximillian
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kat wrote:
blackstorm wrote:
hello to all. I'm real glad we could all put this away. I also should tell you all a little about my managers persona, especially since i put out that all arena post out . do not take what i say too seriously i tend to be a hard competetor and sometimes have a big motormouth , but you guys are getting to know me , I'm a real nice guy in real life. i'm looking forewad to clashing steel over in 31, Max is real tough as are you all at the VC. see you soon.

Appearing in the DM35 newsletter - in an all arena ad

"3 May 2006
All -- I've seen what's on the forum. So I'm prey, am I, Max. You and all your devious buddies will become my prey, even those I thought okay. I don't have to explain anything I do, much like yourselves so bring it on. Feel free to come over to 31 for a thrashing. Oh, by the way, I am also in a new alliance. They tend to share my sentiments about the VC. If they follow me or not, we will see; I'm not at liberty to talk for them. The VC may be on their last stand!!!! -- Blackstorm

What exactly are your sentiments, Blackstorm? I don't recall ever addressing you directly, and Street has withstood a lot of counter-complaints to defend your right to keep the IM award. What led to the Hatfield/McCoy declaration in an all-arena posting two days before your, "Max is real tough as are you all at the VC" ccomments? At the rate the VC is obtaining enemies - you may have to stand in line...

I will take full responsibility for causing his little tantrum. My post seems to be what riled him in the first place, that and threatening Baphomet.

If you have a problem with me, deal with me, as far as I can tell my mates have been quite civil too you. I welcome a head to head with you or anyone, come find out how tough Max can be. We will even make it easy for you to find me, next turn I will be active in the following arenas.

Northern Badlands 8 (maybe Morya too)
Natural B. Killers 47
What Gaul! 31
Isn't it Obvious 52
Caress of Steel 54

Now remember, this is not a personal attack, its a managerial one. If you wish to challenge my whole alliance Rolling Eyes I respect that, go ahead, but be prepared for the consequences, they could be stiff if I know my mates.

What is your new alliance?

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."- Plato

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
blackstorm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm still lost on this thing. I'd like to know how you pull up those windows on what you're replying to. I'll just reply to all your questions here all together. First off, when i posted the all arena it was the first time online and i saw a few things i didn't like and i'm getting caught up whats going on over in 31. Since i'm not in the VC i have to take some side if i want to have fun, or is this thing in 31 something "real"? I'm not out to make "enemies" just freindly foes, like everyone else in the game right? I actualy very much admire what max jan and kat can do in the game and value all our fights. I'm hoping that Max would give me a little one on one, but i guess my methods could have been better. I was a bit too rough again. I'm ONLY a foe in the game so if i do get disorderly, make sure to let me know, i don't realize sometimes. My intentions to the VC are only that you're a rival aliance that i am now able to compete against on a larger scale and i've got my role to play. I don't know all of you yet, only Max,Kat,Jan,Street legal(nice guy)and maybe a few others. I was going to wait for my new aliance to make the announcement, I hope i didn't freak em out with that all arena. My new freinds are the Desolate Empire.
I'm only going to run in 8 and 54 this turn, so lets have us some fun Max !!!! 31 is for next cycle : Smile
Is there somewhere more appropriate to talk like this other than here?, I'm slowly learning how to get about on this PC but it isn't mine and i don't have alot of time each time i get on.
Great big hello to my consortium freinds who are all a great bunch over the years! getting tuff enuff for you over in 8? Wink
Again like i said in my pevious message, don't take me too seriously, It's all game and never against all the fine players. Whats the point of that?
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Differences, or not -
Technologically ignorant, or not -
Gamesmanship, or not -

Calling someone on the carpet by an 'all arena' ad is a pretty brazen move.

Based on your requests, here's some notifications:

1) during a 'no challenge' contest - don't challenge.

2) If you want to take sides in a 'friendly' competition, send a diplo note or place a personal ad saying, "Hey, I'm pretty friendly with all of you, but I'm taking this side" - Don't post an all-arena add calling everyone in an alliance 'deviants' that you're going to 'thrash' - even the ones you 'thought ok"

3) Lastly - DO NOT advertise to everyone that "I don't have to explain anything I do" - then go about explaining yourself

As you said, you are 'only a foe' - and so you are. However, I'm not buying the 'oh-I-didn't-know' bit. If your managerial 'style' is to act like an ass - then your managerial style will be treated as such, buddy.
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kat wrote:
If your managerial 'style' is to act like an ass - then your managerial style will be treated as such, buddy.

And believe me, the VC have the managerial style of "being an ass" down to a science.

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
Maximillian
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

blackstorm wrote:
I'm still lost on this thing. I'd like to know how you pull up those windows on what you're replying to. I'll just reply to all your questions here all together. First off, when i posted the all arena it was the first time online and i saw a few things i didn't like and i'm getting caught up whats going on over in 31. Since i'm not in the VC i have to take some side if i want to have fun, or is this thing in 31 something "real"? I'm not out to make "enemies" just freindly foes, like everyone else in the game right? I actualy very much admire what max jan and kat can do in the game and value all our fights. I'm hoping that Max would give me a little one on one, but i guess my methods could have been better. I was a bit too rough again. I'm ONLY a foe in the game so if i do get disorderly, make sure to let me know, i don't realize sometimes. My intentions to the VC are only that you're a rival aliance that i am now able to compete against on a larger scale and i've got my role to play. I don't know all of you yet, only Max,Kat,Jan,Street legal(nice guy)and maybe a few others. I was going to wait for my new aliance to make the announcement, I hope i didn't freak em out with that all arena. My new freinds are the Desolate Empire.
I'm only going to run in 8 and 54 this turn, so lets have us some fun Max !!!! 31 is for next cycle : Smile
Is there somewhere more appropriate to talk like this other than here?, I'm slowly learning how to get about on this PC but it isn't mine and i don't have alot of time each time i get on.
Great big hello to my consortium freinds who are all a great bunch over the years! getting tuff enuff for you over in 8? Wink
Again like i said in my pevious message, don't take me too seriously, It's all game and never against all the fine players. Whats the point of that?

Let me answer your your first question, If you want to quote someones post hit the quote button at the top right of thier post( took me awhile too).

Like you, I wont be in 31 till next turn and I have very little to do with the goings on there, at least not yet (for some it is real). I have absolutely no problem with you taking sides to make the game more interesting/fun, I did.

A friendly foe is how I try and keep things but like you sometimes I come off a little rough-handed, the internet makes it difficult to express yourself properly too. My warriors welcome a chance to 1 on 1 with you, and now that I know how you want to play, feel free to bash away at me and my warriors, (Hammer and I did the same) and I will reciprocate (roleplaying of course).

Your part of the DE?! Oh! we will have some fun then, I promise.

That being said, I welcome you as a friend and friendly foe.

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
Maximillian
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
Kat wrote:
If your managerial 'style' is to act like an ass - then your managerial style will be treated as such, buddy.

And believe me, the VC have the managerial style of "being an ass" down to a science.

Stereotyping us all as such is a mistake, DON'T!

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maximillian wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:
Kat wrote:

Most likely true, my apologies to YOU. Having been at war with your alliance since 1995 I tend to believe this DOES apply to the vast majority of former and present members of the VC.

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
Maximillian
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
Maximillian wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:
Kat wrote:

Most likely true, my apologies to YOU. Having been at war with your alliance since 1995 I tend to believe this DOES apply to the vast majority of former and present members of the VC.

I understand why you feel this way and it will probably never change, I just don't like to be included in something I've never been apart of. We will be crossing blades soon, read my last post to Blackstorm on how I would like to see things progress in 31.

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
Maximillian
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kat wrote:
Differences, or not -
Gamesmanship, or not -

2) If you want to take sides in a 'friendly' competition, send a diplo note or place a personal ad saying, "Hey, I'm pretty friendly with all of you, but I'm taking this side" - Don't post an all-arena add calling everyone in an alliance 'deviants' that you're going to 'thrash' - even the ones you 'thought ok"

3) Lastly - DO NOT advertise to everyone that "I don't have to explain anything I do" - then go about explaining yourself

As you said, you are 'only a foe' - and so you are. However, I'm not buying the 'oh-I-didn't-know' bit. If your managerial 'style' is to act like an ass - then your managerial style will be treated as such, buddy.

My friend Kat has some very good points here, be careful how you handle things in the future.

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maximillian wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:
Maximillian wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:
Kat wrote:

I understand why you feel this way and it will probably never change, I just don't like to be included in something I've never been apart of. We will be crossing blades soon, read my last post to Blackstorm on how I would like to see things progress in 31.

Hey, I'm ready. I thought your Northern Badlands was a pretty tough team last time you were there. Of course, you were not VC then, but your guild earned my respect. I am always up for a battle, the bigger the better. It started to cool down, so that is one reason I started poking the VC again a few months back, to stir the pot. Senseii Jan running her pie-hole here awhile back only confirmed what I'd thought about her.
Anyway, Blackstorm and his troops will probably bury you guys and there won't be much left for us.

Maximillian
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyway, Blackstorm and his troops will probably bury you guys and there won't be much left for us.

The DE against the VC, hehehe! Thats funny, good one. I think I buried 3 or 4 of thier guys in TW4.

The Northern Badlands stable wont be returning, instead "What Gaul!" (for those of you who've ever read Asterix comics) will take thier place. I deleted the other team by mistake. Lost a couple nice warriors too, a +5 Att LUer, A real knacky PL that looked nicely bonused, a 21 ST BAer that was just a brute, the complementary Stiker, I will miss them.
However,

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
blackstorm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kat wrote:
Differences, or not -
Gamesmanship, or not -

okay, what you say is true and will be avoided in the future. this is however the last time i'm saying sorry.
blackstorm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let me answer your your first question, If you want to quote someones post hit the quote button at the top right of thier post( took me awhile too).

Like you, I wont be in 31 till next turn and I have very little to do with the goings on there, at least not yet (for some it is real). I have absolutely no problem with you taking sides to make the game more interesting/fun, I did.

A friendly foe is how I try and keep things but like you sometimes I come off a little rough-handed, the internet makes it difficult to express yourself properly too. My warriors welcome a chance to 1 on 1 with you, and now that I know how you want to play, feel free to bash away at me and my warriors, (Hammer and I did the same) and I will reciprocate (roleplaying of course).

Your part of the DE?! Oh! we will have some fun then, I promise.

That being said, I welcome you as a friend and friendly foe.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip, i'm learning quick. I'm glad that you understand me a bit better. sure we'll have a ball.i'm not really into all of this bickering I rather duke it out on the sands . catch you in the arena Cool
blackstorm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whoops!! i goofed that last one. you got the message anyway Embarassed
blackstorm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
Maximillian wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:
Maximillian wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:
Kat wrote:

Hey, I'm ready. I thought your Northern Badlands was a pretty tough team last time you were there. Of course, you were not VC then, but your guild earned my respect. I am always up for a battle, the bigger the better. It started to cool down, so that is one reason I started poking the VC again a few months back, to stir the pot. Senseii Jan running her pie-hole here awhile back only confirmed what I'd thought about her.

hey thanks but don't overestimate us yet, you still have to kill the bear before you can sell it's skin. I wouldn't underestimate our new aliance either though, I think toker put us a real good group together. see you over in 31
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic