New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Olympics Round 3 T546
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Another round goes by. Catch the full report in the newsletter T547!!! The final version of the spreadsheet is now available (includes all the current contestants). Email me at lxiang@amicitiaprimoris.org for your copy today!

Our current contenders are:

Gold: LBA.....12-2-1-0.....85.71%...(14/56)
Silver: Iron Council...22-8-1-2...73.33%...(30/112)
Bronze: Mannequin...26-16-5-4...61.90%...(42/168)

Desolate Empire...13-12-3-2...52.00%...(25/112)
Var...5-5-0-0...50.00%...(10/56)
Otis the Drunk...13-17-0-4...43.33%...(30/112)
Amicitia Primoris...20-36-1-4...35.71%...(56/244)
SwineTiger...4-11-1-2...26.67%...(15/56)
Lakerfan...1-4-0-0...20.00%...(5/56)

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sea Dogs sat out his killer! For shame!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It appears a data entry error was made with my fight of Last Rebel, who was challenged by Glutius Maximus. I have sent an email to RSI/CSR to find out if this was their error or my error, but I doubt I would have made that bad of a mistake in weapons.

If it turns out this was an entry error by RSI, what should be done about it? I would agree, GM beat LR last round, but the strategy was tweaked and I feel it could have went differently if I wasn't swinging a medium shield in my primary hand.

I don't think the win should be taken away from their team if they are in the contest, but I do not feel the loss should count against me or my team. I would contest, too, that since the fight was run the fight should count for the magic number, even if they end up nullifying the fight somehow.

Just starting the debate. I still have to find out if this was an input error on RSI's part or not. I will keep you updated.
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

I decided that in a contest that was based solely on win percentage, I didn't want to run my 4 fight BA into a bloodfeud from a 45 fight WS. What made the decision even easier is the fact that he is timed for the FtF.

The rest of you can fight for honor and glory. My pirates will fight for victory.
Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
Quote:

I decided that in a contest that was based solely on win percentage, I didn't want to run my 4 fight BA into a bloodfeud from a 45 fight WS. What made the decision even easier is the fact that he is timed for the FtF.

The rest of you can fight for honor and glory. My pirates will fight for victory.

HERE! HERE!

You guys can keep your customs and courtesies. If I get a kill on a warrior going into the next tourney and he's perfectly timed, hope there is time to get your fued in AFTER the tourney. I'm in it for the wins

"The easiest way to win is to knock them down and kill them"Mannequin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JGW wrote:
It appears a data entry error was made with my fight of Last Rebel, who was challenged by Glutius Maximus. I have sent an email to RSI/CSR to find out if this was their error or my error, but I doubt I would have made that bad of a mistake in weapons.

If it turns out this was an entry error by RSI, what should be done about it? I would agree, GM beat LR last round, but the strategy was tweaked and I feel it could have went differently if I wasn't swinging a medium shield in my primary hand.

I don't think the win should be taken away from their team if they are in the contest, but I do not feel the loss should count against me or my team. I would contest, too, that since the fight was run the fight should count for the magic number, even if they end up nullifying the fight somehow.

Just starting the debate. I still have to find out if this was an input error on RSI's part or not. I will keep you updated.

I am probably biased since this was against one of my Alliance members but I would say, tough luck. I know it sounds harsh but there are so many things that could go wrong that if you allow one warrior to do this then you open up the flood gates. "I sent the strats in but RSI didn't get run them!" "I swear I put armor on the warrior, its RSI's fault." I will go along with the rest of the group, but I vote no changes.
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That was me above btw..

One Armed Bandit wrote:
Quote:

I hear ya. As a true Delarq, I don't run from anyone with avoids or sitting out warriors. To me it has nothing to do with honor, glory, customs or courtesies and everything to do with being a man. I will win without running with my tail between my legs.

Good luck with that though!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I hear ya. As a true Delarq, I don't run from anyone with avoids or sitting out warriors. To me it has nothing to do with honor, glory, customs or courtesies and everything to do with being a man. I will win without running with my tail between my legs.

Good luck with that though!

I should probably wait a bit before I respond to this one, but I've never been accused of having an excess of wisdom.

I understand what you are trying to do. You are currently doing very well in this contest, but not quite as well as I am, and you would like nothing better than for one of my warriors to receive 3 guaranteed losses at the hands of your ally's warrior with ridiculously more experience, an alliancemate that you declined to fight with in the contest because it would hurt your own chances for victory.

So, in an attempt to shame me, you have, in no uncertain terms, questioned my manhood and called me a coward. Unfortunately for you, I am intelligent enough to understand what you are doing, mature enough that I will not let it affect my strategy or my self-esteem, and just wise enough to understand the distinction between manliness and utter stupidity.

Your ploy has failed.

Good day to you.
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ploy? Me? Why sir you wound me! I was merely stating how "I" would never do a heinous act such as kill someones warrior then sit out to avoid retribution!

Don't worry about it or let it get to you, I am sure people do it all the time. I am pretty certain that over in those Andorian arenas it is commonplace.

Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OAB

You probably should have waited and checked some facts before replying.

I entered into this contest as an Independent before I was invited to join the IC. Not lumping us together was mainly my idea, but it was discussed before a decision was made. If I had been a part of the IC from the beginning of this contest we would have been able to plan it out a little better. I would have definitely entered a new team that was better suited to the contest. Not use teams that had warriors designed 10-15 years ago or with warriors that I fight just because I happen to like them.

Yes you were quick to figure out that the first BF would have come from Belesarius. But more than likely that would have been the only one from him. After that I would have used it for my lower ranked warriors if I had any favorable match ups. You have your reasons for holding Tater out, I just hate to see one of my warriors go unrevenged. I'll see if I can get it done another way.

See ya on the sands.
Otis
Death's Door
Roman Empire
Newest member of The Iron Council
DeGotti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I am probably biased since this was against one of my Alliance members but I would say, tough luck. I know it sounds harsh but there are so many things that could go wrong that if you allow one warrior to do this then you open up the flood gates. "I sent the strats in but RSI didn't get run them!" "I swear I put armor on the warrior, its RSI's fault." I will go along with the rest of the group, but I vote no changes.

Being an outsider I would say that if RSI were to confirm, say e-mail the participants, there was an input error on their part, then the Tourney rules should apply since this is a contest and prizes are at stake. Have the loss taken away, but the fe still count and the winner still gets the win.

This is just my opionion as a bystander.

Scott
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I'll see if I can get it done another way.

Good luck to you, sir!

I'm already a huge target in the contest, it appears. This last turn each of my four fighting warriors was on the receiving end of challenges. A few more challenges won't change a thing for me.

I find it amusing that managers have their panties in a bunch over me sitting out Hortator, while there is not a peep about JGW doing the same with Lost Soul. It confirms to me that it is not about principles of manliness and Delarquan pride, but entirely about me being in the number 1 spot and you guys wanting me to take some losses.

I applaud your manly posturing, Iron Council!
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
I find it amusing that managers have their panties in a bunch over me sitting out Hortator, while there is not a peep about JGW doing the same with Lost Soul. It confirms to me that it is not about principles of manliness and Delarquan pride, but entirely about me being in the number 1 spot and you guys wanting me to take some losses

I would assume you posted at first you were going to set him out like I posted in the newsletter? Wink

I have no problem with you doing this, since I'm doing the same to avoid losses (even though I can't seem to shake that bug with my other warriors).

Continue what you are doing. If the rules allow you to do what you are doing, it's all good Very Happy
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anonymous wrote:
JGW wrote:

Usually I would make a quip about not being brave enough to stand behind your comment, but since you halfway identified yourself, I will comment without challenging you.

I would defend the same to happen if the shoe was on the other foot. I would tell the ruling committee to rule out your mate's loss while keeping my win if the fault was truly in RSI's hands. Otherwise, you are correct that everyone in the world would want special compensation for every mistake made. I don't want to nullify the loss if I was truly at fault. It is an odd situation and hopefully doesn't occur in the furture. This is all dependant on if it was my mistake or not on the strategy sheet. I would also say that until I get that e-mail from RSI saying it was 'their fault' the loss would count.

I also think the loss stays with my warrior overall and I keep skills and such, but it is just acknowledged in the contest and nullified on my loss totals (I need all the help there I can get! Wink )

I would rather hear from the participants in this contest and their view instead of an outsider just sticking up for his mate and being anonymous in his comments. I appreciate your input too, DeGotti, but again I am more interested in the participants and what they feel is right. If they want the loss to count, so be it. If they want to make it neutral that is fine too. I just wanted to start this discussion so a fair decision would be made when the e-mail came back from RSI.

Next time I'll have more respect for your comment if you stand behind it. I'm not going to guess who it is, but I know I've made myself to be an &$$ in the past to members in the Iron Council, and since apologized. Grudges can be kept. I understand that and appreciate it.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TripwireDuel wrote:
Ploy? Me? Why sir you wound me! I was merely stating how "I" would never do a heinous act such as kill someones warrior then sit out to avoid retribution!

Don't worry about it or let it get to you, I am sure people do it all the time. I am pretty certain that over in those Andorian arenas it is commonplace.

Oooooh. Such an attempted ding. First one tries with one's own to optimize some free, easy wins, then one off and directs the issue at the innocent. My, My. What Delarquans won't try? What Delarquans won't say? My, my.

But reading one's rationalizations is always enjoyable, to an extent.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic