New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - F2F Results
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
_sandman_
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TUM wrote:
Oh, and just to clarify: Of my 21 awards, exactly 0 were in rookies. It's official, I'm the worst rookies manager in the game.

Don/TUM

Oh, come on, Don! You had to take one tourney off in order to collect those 21 awards! At least, in your case, it seems to have been only that one class.

When I next attend a Face, which, at the rate I've been making them will probably be around 2012, I think I'll actually intentionally schedule an "off" class or two so I can concentrate on the ones I have quality warriors in.
TUM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's not a bad idea at all, Sam. The problem in my case was that I wasn't taking the Rookie class off. I ran about 10 of them. It was the warriors who took the tourney off...

I also had 0 TVs in Freshmen, but that was kinda planned (and more in line with your 'taking a tourney off' strategy). Those guys were all young bloodgamers/new grads who had no shot at all.

Don/TUM
Ghoti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I found another funny .. sorta

I had a fighter named Late For Dinner.. He matched up with Dishes on the Table.

Ghoti

Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TUM wrote:
That's not a bad idea at all, Sam. The problem in my case was that I wasn't taking the Rookie class off. I ran about 10 of them. It was the warriors who took the tourney off...

I also had 0 TVs in Freshmen, but that was kinda planned (and more in line with your 'taking a tourney off' strategy). Those guys were all young bloodgamers/new grads who had no shot at all.

Don/TUM

Oh, I knew that. I just thought that you might have taken a "let 'em run" kind of approach. When it comes to Rookies, I'm sure it's the last tourney class I'll TC. I also do very badly in the class.

It also occured to me that the # of warriors you ran in this tourney is one less than double the number of warriors I've entered in tourneys in 2006 (43). I can't imagine trying to track such a large number! I think that by midway through Saturday, I'd feel like my head were going to explode!
kyanfreak
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TUM wrote:

Don/TUM

hey Tum, i just wanted to appologize for killin a lot of those warriors of yours in rookies, id have to go through and c which ones for sure, but i found a butt load when i looked the other day.

yours truly

kyanfreak aka Michael Laughing
TUM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sadly, I'll have to take your word for it. I haven't gone through my rookies stuff closely enough to see if I lost a lot. However, I don't think many of them were named in the traditional 'TUMish' way, so it might be a knockoff...

Don/TUM
kyanfreak
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

oh well i encountered a bit of the traditional Tumish names
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
When I next attend a Face, which, at the rate I've been making them will probably be around 2012, I think I'll actually intentionally schedule an "off" class or two so I can concentrate on the ones I have quality warriors in.

You know, if you would head out to more FtFs, it would be easier to schedule an "off" class--but as it is, you're going to have enough of a trouble trimming down your 112 TV quality warriors to 45 or so.
Wink
kungfusilas
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quick question guys.

In the first round A fighter of mine beat another fighter and the other fighter gained 41 recognition points and I gained 33. How did he gain more than me on both of our first fights while still losing? I know rec points mean nothing in tourny but I was just curious.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Round 1 recognition is set by your FE. You ended up with 33 recognition because you had 15 FE, he ended with 41 because he went into the fight with 20.
kungfusilas
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks. Thought it might be something like that.
_sandman_
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

You know, if you would head out to more FtFs, it would be easier to schedule an "off" class--but as it is, you're going to have enough of a trouble trimming down your 112 TV quality warriors to 45 or so.
Wink

I wish I had 112 TV quality warriors! I do have about 30 set aside as my "next FtF" core group. That doesn't leave me much to work with in the interim, unfortunately. Sad But, when I make it to another Face, I'll probably run 30-35. I just can't stay on top of more than that!
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks to Seraphim for the proxy....

37-58-2-4 out of 21 warriors. Nearly one in five died. 38.9 W/L. No TC/TV's.

Two lasted until the 10th round of Rookies without a TV. Both were 7-1 at the end of the 8th round. Bad matchups from then on.

Probably my worst overall tourney due to the deaths of warriors, even though this was the first time I had two warriors having chances at TV's.

On and forward for timing to the MI and maybe a coming out party for the F2F in Jan. Looking forward to seeing a lot of you in Phoenix/Tempe!

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TUM wrote:
Oh, and just to clarify: Of my 21 awards, exactly 0 were in rookies. It's official, I'm the worst rookies manager in the game.

Don/TUM

Ditto that. And yet I keep running them. Stupid.

Valamond
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Carnage_ wrote:
Ghoti wrote:
I think I rate for the most pittiful results.. and yet I am not unhappy with them..

Overall 79-108-2-3 out of 37 entries

My bit of irony..

I did a mailin bloodgames.. I had an AB get killed on turn 9 who was at the time 8-0-3 (and the only ;undefeated at the time). He was killed by a guy he had thrashed in 3 swings the previous fight. who learned a parry skill I think.. gonna have to chack.. He fought him 2 times in a row.. Sad I think.. OK I am making part of this up.. cause I am not reading the fight.. too disgusted.. I dont recall what the other guy learned but I jsut cant believe it..

Ghoti

Oh man, you didn't tell me about the Mail In bloodgames. THAT is painful. I don't know how many kills it took to get out of the mailer, but you were right there I am guessing....

To prevent that sort of heartbreaking "My day is ruined!" type event, I consider the Bloodgames guys dead before the first turn runs. I learned that after the first bloodgames we ran where our superbonused....(+4 (20 parry, +4 (17) defense...and some bonus in attack) PR started 4-0-3 and got killed by another ripper next turn. We thought our guy was so awesome that he was going to win no problem. We seemed to forget everyone else thought the same thing...... Granted he didn't make it to round nine like yours....but it hurt enough for us to think of a (very bad) plan.

You see, He was wearing chainmail and was hit once in the chest with a hatchet before dying. JE almost talked me into wearing a suit of chainmail and letting him hit me in the chest with a hatchet at the next Face to prove that our warrior should not have died. We figure I am frail, he does little damage so the situation is realistic. I am pretty certain I wouldn't die. We would probably be carted off to the infirmiry er...prison though.

Carnage

Oh come on! I am sure we can find some way to explain it to the cops in January where you guys won't get arrested. Shoot, I'll even bring my camera and take some snapshots for the website...provided I can keep from laughing my ass off the whole time! I might even consider paying your medical bills just to see that.

Life is pain...anyone who says differently is selling something. --The Man in Black

Teams listed in Extra Info
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic