New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Phoenix Con Games
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was debating showing up at the door and just having some fun, plus participating in the D2 thing going on there. Has anyone gone to a gencon lately, and what benefit would it be for me?

Also, does RSI frown upon their long time base managers being there?

Brandon

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't believe they frown on it. Besides, having somebody there that actually knows a little about the game might come in handy for them. Sort of mentor the newbies trying it out, etc. Get the fresh meat hooked with the success that would bring. Twisted Evil

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
I don't believe they frown on it. Besides, having somebody there that actually knows a little about the game might come in handy for them. Sort of mentor the newbies trying it out, etc. Get the fresh meat hooked with the success that would bring. Twisted Evil

Now JGW just has to find someone who knows a little about the game to take with him. Wink

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ultraist wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:

Now JGW just has to find someone who knows a little about the game to take with him. Wink

Ouch... Now that hurt! Don't make me break out the picnic basket.

At least I have something to cheer about for football season. Wink

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ultraist wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:

RFLMAO!!!!!

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy

Warlord of DOOMcorps
Blitzkrieg
www.DOOMcorps.com
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JGW wrote:
I was debating showing up at the door and just having some fun, plus participating in the D2 thing going on there. Has anyone gone to a gencon lately, and what benefit would it be for me?

Also, does RSI frown upon their long time base managers being there?

Brandon

RSI does not frown on it, rather, we believe they think it is "helpful". Most of us think it is our responsibility to "help with the recruiting" so put on your Sales Hat.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JGW wrote:
Ultraist wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:

Ouch... Now that hurt! Don't make me break out the picnic basket.

At least I have something to cheer about for football season. Wink

Excuse me, but I'm also a Ohio State, Cincinnati Bengal, & Indy Colts fan so I have plenty to cheer for during football season.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ultraist wrote:
Excuse me, but I'm also a Ohio State, Cincinnati Bengal, & Indy Colts fan so I have plenty to cheer for during football season.

Then you definately have lots to cheer about. I made a silly assumption based from your avatar. Embarassed

Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JGW wrote:
Ultraist wrote:

Then you definately have lots to cheer about. I made a silly assumption based from your avatar. Embarassed

I briefly played MLB my freshman year at UK (that and growing up in the Bluegrass state) so I'm a big UK fan. However, I'll be the first to admit that watching a UK football game can be painful (not as bad as playing in one though). Truthfully, UK wasn't my first choice for schools (what football player would choose UK first), but I wasn't fast enough for Ohio St. and my IQ was too high for Tenn. Wink

GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IQ...pfffft Who cares...its all about the win baby.
TGG/Corey
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
TGG/Corey

Okay, then how does Phil still have a job then? Wink

kyanfreak
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Excuse me, but I'm also a Ohio State, Cincinnati Bengal, & Indy Colts fan so I have plenty to cheer for during football season.[/quote]

alright man me and u got somethin in common. im a big Ohio state fan, guess it's cuz thats where im from
GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JGW wrote:
GreekGuy wrote:
TGG/Corey

Okay, then how does Phil still have a job then? Wink

Hey you cant win every year. Now if they 5-6 again and lose to Vandy again, to say Phils seat will be hot is a vast understatement. But until then
GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!
TGG/Corey
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic