New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104512

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Civil War
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
JEKYLL1 wrote:
Whats so civil about war anyway?
<cue Slash guitar solo>

Street/Apex... I feel sorry for you that you feel that way. I honestly don't think anyone attempted to railroad you. You brought up an OPEN idea to a forumn for OPEN discussion about the contest and the mojority spoke. You balked, and balked, and balked. Finally after a year of discussion and getting over 30 managers stoked about a contest you balked again and it came to a screeching halt. No offense man, but EVERYONE was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and were more than patient with you on this thing but 30 people agreed to something that wasnt what you had in mind. Ya shouldnt have opened it up for debate cause we all know that damn near everyone who plays this game is opinionated. The simple fact that the majority agreed to the concept and majority rules of The Civil War is actually something that I think is amazing. Thus the frustration and the "railroading". It was more a matter of enuff is enuff than a railroading. You had more managers and/or alliaces than you think ready to hijack this thing and run it successfully. As much as a butt I think Sentinel can come off as sometime(no offense Travis) he simply spoke what was on most everyones mind and Rillion was first to step up to the plate. If it wast him I guarandamntee someone else would have run this thing. The show must go on. Politics.... gotta love it in DM. It sucks and I feel bad for ya but it is what it is.

Yes I opened the "Rulesz" not the "location" up for debate and bowed to EVERYONE's wishes. And as I stated I will make an exception, go without whatever I have to, just to come into this closed arena and show you that everyone's demand for a closed arena was useless. Just to prove my point that a closed arena made no difference.

No reason to feel sorry for me, it's Streets screwjob. I'm only standing by my friend and alliance mate. Politics is everything in this game, and I can play them better than anyone if I need be, but this goes beyond that. As he said, he never put the location up for debate. It **WAS** yanked from him. If all the megas in this game that helped to do it are too blind, dumb or two-faced to admit it, then their faults. But I stand by the same thing I said about Soultaker. If he doesn't want to play, who cares. I'm out of this now, and I hope this contest rots. And I honestly hope it implodes on itself. And I believe in the long run it will.
_Carnage_
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, when my friend told me about this idea, it seemed like a good Duelmasters competition. I was jumping in the thread late, but I was at least jumping in. Now it see what it is....just another pissing contest.

If this once again turns into a Duelmasters Contest, someone let me know. I'm probably one of the least mature acting people you will ever find, Wink but frankly I am embaressed to be part of any squabbling like this over a game. If you don't understand why, let me know, so I can be embaressed for you, too.

Carnage
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
LHI wrote:
Apex wrote:
LHI wrote:
Hey Apex, Don't let Street Legal get to you. He already dropped this contest and started something he is calling the Crusade in arena 14.

At this point Rillion will be scoring the Civil War and it will be going forward with the simplified rules that were posted before.

I personally hope that you will participate. It will make it more fun for everyone.

Street is running his contest in 14... maybe you could run in both?

I can run in every arena in the game if I want. It's a matter of principle. I agree with Street in this 100%. I feel that slowly, this entire thing has been railroaded away from him so others can run it the way they want. I feel like Sentinel's comment was totally out of line, and if that is the attitude that the majority of the managers posting here want to have, then I'm out. It's crap, it's pathetic, and I don't think it's right.

Would I like to participate? Yes, most certainly. Few things in this game would mean more to me that representing my affiliation in this. However, I won't take part in anything that has taken the pathetic turn that this has. Street, from DAY 1, wanted this in arena 14. He said he wanted it in arena 14. He never made the assertion that he would move it to a closed arena. That was made for him. He's taken the time to get this thing going, and because a few players that think they know what they're doing wanted it in a closed arena, then they attempt to hijack it and make it the way they want it, it's something I won't participate in.

Street is my friend. He's my alliance mate, and I stand by him in this. If certain players want to make this fiasco into their own little ideal, so be it. I will have nothing to do with it.

Street abandoned the contest... He wants to run the Crusade in 14. Its my understanding that he is no longer interested in running the Civil War. Others are picking up the torch where he left off. If he wants to run the Civil war then all he has to do is stand up and say "These are the rules for the Civil War".

I want to see the contest move forward so I am attempting to put the pieces back together along with others. If he wants to run this in any particular way then he just needs to speak up. He created a new thread for the contest he decided to run. He can run both in 14 concurrently if he wants I guess.

Come on dude you and I know both know you have the intelligence above that of a first grader so show it. I NEVER abandoned this contest EVER, even now. And I'll go through hell and high water to make sure that it's not taken from me. You can bet on that! I'm already contacting RSI about being barred from an arena as being against their policy and I'll be in YOUR contest F'ing it up and you can believe that 100%. Why? Because it was mine from the start and should still be. If you want to believe I ever abandoned this contest your a F'ing FOOL! Show me where on this post I abandoned it? I said it was a simple name change same contest. I can provide my proof you show yours!

You are classy with your F bombs. Nice Smile Ok, so, you are still running the Civil War and you are also running the Crusade. Can you please post the rules for the contests so that we can determine if we are interested in playing?

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RTR wrote:
since a member of the VC is running this, it is no surprise it has turned into one giant crapo sandwich.

ahhh, Street and Apex taking the lead. Need I say more?

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If the implication of this post is "that the event will be shabby because Street is running it", then we think that is truly unfair. Street just recently organized and ran a fine, well-organized, well-communicated, well-controlled, minimal problem event in 54 in which we participated. (and finished middle-of-the road) Shocked We have every trust that if he did so again, the results would be repeated.

But clearly this whole thing is becoming too emotional and too immature for a bunch of old farts such as we.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
If the implication of this post is "that the event will be shabby because Street is running it", then we think that is truly unfair. Street just recently organized and ran a fine, well-organized, well-communicated, well-controlled, minimal problem event in 54 in which we participated. (and finished middle-of-the road) Shocked We have every trust that if he did so again, the results would be repeated.

But clearly this whole thing is becoming too emotional and too immature for a bunch of old farts such as we.

I believe it's not neccesarily that as much as it's the, "We don't really want Street running it, because we want to do it a totally different way than he does. So we're going to take it over, let play who we want, and make it the arena that we want it in, and make it our own contest." And they have done an excellent job of it.

And I am far from taking the lead. This is Streets idea, and I back him 100%. I simply said that he's getting the shaft and I'll take no part in it. So much for your post about us VC having no loyalty or honor, huh? Razz
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Apex wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

I believe it's not neccesarily that as much as it's the, "We don't really want Street running it, because we want to do it a totally different way than he does. So we're going to take it over, let play who we want, and make it the arena that we want it in, and make it our own contest." And they have done an excellent job of it.

And I am far from taking the lead. This is Streets idea, and I back him 100%. I simply said that he's getting the shaft and I'll take no part in it. So much for your post about us VC having no loyalty or honor, huh? Razz

We made NO such post. Perhaps you are mighty confused?

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Apex wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

We made NO such post. Perhaps you are mighty confused?

His last comment was to me, but you would be correct that Apex is confused. And that is being nice, his posts and reactions show the VC will always go off the deep end if someone doesn't agree or follow them. It is nice you think street ran a good contest but he still comes off as a clown most of the time. I am sure some feel the same about me but I can back it up off these forums.

Apex -being loyal to street doesn't mean you have any honor. Wink

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I can do the score keeping, I did the score keeping for the last Civil War.

What? That must be why the Free Blade team "came from behind" to win the last time. (Especially after the Andorian Team jumped out to a lead) I demand a recount!
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I really have a ton to say about this so called contest but my legs have been cut out from under me with the two huge trump cards played by Street Legal and Apex. Apex has stirred the pot and was never part of it since he rode the fence till he could find someting to complain about and then throws out the Evil mega-manager ruins it for everyone card. Street Legal goes off the deep end on a manager that only made a suggestion that everyone else agreed with and then ended it all with the death of his step-mother. How can you ague with profound logic like that!!!!!!

Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JEKYLL1 wrote:
<cue Slash guitar solo>

Street/Apex... I feel sorry for you that you feel that way. I honestly don't think anyone attempted to railroad you. You brought up an OPEN idea to a forumn for OPEN discussion about the contest and the mojority spoke. You balked, and balked, and balked. Finally after a year of discussion and getting over 30 managers stoked about a contest you balked again and it came to a screeching halt. No offense man, but EVERYONE was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and were more than patient with you on this thing but 30 people agreed to something that wasnt what you had in mind. Ya shouldnt have opened it up for debate cause we all know that damn near everyone who plays this game is opinionated. The simple fact that the majority agreed to the concept and majority rules of The Civil War is actually something that I think is amazing. Thus the frustration and the "railroading". It was more a matter of enuff is enuff than a railroading. You had more managers and/or alliaces than you think ready to hijack this thing and run it successfully. As much as a butt I think Sentinel can come off as sometime(no offense Travis) he simply spoke what was on most everyones mind and Rillion was first to step up to the plate. If it wast him I guarandamntee someone else would have run this thing. The show must go on. Politics.... gotta love it in DM. It sucks and I feel bad for ya but it is what it is.

As much as this pains me Wink I have to agree with Jekyll on both points. Mostly that Sentinel is a huge butt.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Soultaker69 wrote:
JEKYLL1 wrote:
<cue Slash guitar solo>

As much as this pains me Wink I have to agree with Jekyll on both points. Mostly that Sentinel is a huge butt.

No doubt in our mind that the DM community can reach almost instantaneous agreement on this. (as opposed to not-so-instantaneous- my-momma's-bigger-than-your momma civil war accord)

Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Apex wrote:
Dude, quit being an ass.

I see. You and Street throw around insults and cuss at people yet I am being an ass for not agreeing with you. Got it.
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
But if you continue I can promise you it's not for the good of the game and sadly, want to believe it or not, that was MY intent. Yours appears alot more self-serving.

Street_Legal wrote:
Yes Mr. "Bitter" Rillion there was some self-service to it but my honest intent was to give back

People have a difference of opinion here but that does not warrent you continually insulting those that do not agree with you by calling them self serving, selfish, etc.

I am not bitter about anything, just getting tired of your insults and abuse.
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Soultaker69 wrote:

Sentinel a "huge" anything? Really? Seems to me we have a huge pot calling the tiny kettle black... Very Happy
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic