New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - The Crusades
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I'm sure RSI would be happy to deactivate anyone who wasn't supposed to be in the arena. Everyone just wants an even playing field with no chance for outside teams to interfere. Non-contest teams are a definite issue in this format.

FYI, they've refused to do this for other contests.
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RSI wont touch anyother team. Meaning that anyone who wants to run in 14 can.

So are the crusades supposed to be a "DA the first turn" contest or a "Move in my team with 5 20 FE warriors on it" contest?

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LHI wrote:

So are the crusades supposed to be a "DA the first turn" contest or a "Move in my team with 5 20 FE warriors on it" contest?

I think one of the things agreed upon was a turn-1 DA Question
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Exactly. This goes for old teams who reactivate (intentionally or otherwise) in closed arenas too. I don't think I've ever had a contest in a closed arena that wasn't tainted by outside interference either.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That said, I don't care where it's held. Just wanted to point out that having it in a closed arena isn't a guarantee to stop outside interference either.
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
That said, I don't care where it's held. Just wanted to point out that having it in a closed arena isn't a guarantee to stop outside interference either.

This is the point that SL keeps trying to make, but nobody seems to be picking up on it. I mean, say we started this little contest up in, oh, 57-Andor. I decide not to participate in it, but when they open it up, I decide to re-activate my team there. RSI won't stop me from running there, so I have just taken up spots where warriors from the three factions could be fighting each other. Instead they're fighting me and loosing points by doing so.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Exactly let's say, like I have, I cannot afford another arena. So somebody snipes the contest and runs it in a closed arena. Then I come into a windfall and say haey I'm going there and throwing challenges at D and F to help my Andorian brotherhood! RSI won't stop me.

It's very disheartening to see that everyone's SO afraid of other people's lack of integrity that they feel this will be tainted. It makes one wonder if where this smoke (fear of lack of integrity) is there's a raging fire. I certainly hope not or I've wasted my money through the years!

Besides if we ask for special dispensation then the next time somebody wants something they'll say "well you did this for this person but you won't do that for me? Your playing favorites, blah blah blah". It's a BAD road to go down.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll believe that RSI will run this in arena 95 or similar and not allow non contest teams to transfer in. This would not be the same as opening a closed arena to run in.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LHI wrote:
I'll believe that RSI will run this in arena 95 or similar and not allow non contest teams to transfer in. This would not be the same as opening a closed arena to run in.

When I asked them about a closed arena for the Slaughter Challenge, originally, I was told that they would not barre, nor would they ever do so, teams from joining a closed arena due to their policy. So it was run in 54. What form of favoritism would come into play for this?

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I have no problem with favoritism (you guys know me). But the idea would be to put the contest in an arena not eligible for new teams. An arena that people can't play in and then the teams would be moved to 82 or somewhere else afterwards. Or just deleted. Or whatever.

The arena would be a true contest arena. Not merely a reactivated closed arena.

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is there a rules list for this contest and a start date? Or is this vapor ware?

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LHI wrote:
Is there a rules list for this contest and a start date? Or is this vapor ware?

It's one and the same with the Civil War and as stated in the other thread Lee is opposed to opening a new arena but is not saying NO.

For the record, I don't object to opening a closed arena for a
contest--we've done that before. We also can't guarantee that an
existing team might not pop into the arena during the contest--we can
try to make sure that doesn't happen, but it's nearly impossible to
prevent completely. There has to be some honor on the part of the
managers. I'm not too crazy about opening a new arena (84?) but I
suppose it's possible if absolutely necessary. I don't think we could
do 95 because it might turn out to be a bloodgames arena and that
would be bad. I would argue strongly against opening a new arena.

These are Lee's words. You have been talking with Sandy and Lee knew NOTHING about it. Sounds like you were headed in the right direction but not talking to the top yet. Let's not prove to people that the megas can strongarm and manipulate the rest. Let's prove this can work no matter your a mega or a mini. Let's show integrity and let it succeed in 14 where it was always intended to be. Punish any manager who comes in to wreck it by heaping losses on them wherever we come across them. It's for the good of the game to prove we have integrity. Plus perhaps we save an established arena not open one just to reclose it.

I'm not a grudge bearer, real life or in game (ask Apex), I'm willing to bury the hatchet if you don't try to bury it in my head Laughing . Let's do it where it belongs, in a normal arena, I chose 14 due to my finances and it's an arena I will ALWAYS run it.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic