New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - The Civil War in DM-14
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
LHI wrote:
I am confused about the rules too... tourneys or no tourneys?

Everyone can send their warriors in for the fall mailer, then immediately DA the whole team for turn 1 right after the mailer. Twisted Evil Laughing Razz Laughing Wink Laughing

This, of course, would be only for those mean, overbearing, out-of-control, egotistical, megamanagers. Right? Wink

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
The scoring is indeed official with a unanimous vote among those who chose to vote. My apologies for all the confusion it entailed. The all arena ad will go out Monday and the planned start is October 14th for the DA round and October 28 for Turn 0. Gives those wishing to send their newbs to the mailer that choice! Anyone other than just me willing to take contact for the contest as a secondary just in case they cannot get a hold of me somehow in 14 or email or whatever. Not totally necessary but it couldn't hurt!

So Oct 14th everyone has to DA, then Oct 28th you can fight in the arena if you wish, or you can choose not to fight. Then the following turn the scoring begins correct?

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

-The Civil War to be held in arena 14.
-The contest runs for 10-28 turns.
-No tourney participation allowed. Teams with warriors participating in any yournament are disqualified.
-An even number of teams per faction worked out by the Faction Leaders. No later substitutions are allowed.
-If a manager brings in a second team and challenges into the contest he is DQ'd and his side will fight one team short (that's obvious right?)
-Three factions will be participating : Andorian , Delarquian, Free Blades
-Everyone prefixes thier warrior with A-, F-, or D- (No prefix = disqualification of the warrior)
-Turn 0: (The DA Round) October 14th, 2006 Every warrior must DA. (Warriors not DA'd on Turn 0 are disqualified)
-Turn 1: October 28th, 2006. There will be no scoring this turn to allow for challenges
-Turn 2+: Scoring as detailed below
-Each team gets 1 point for defeating a warrior from an opposing team.
-Fights aginst warriors on your team do not generate points in any situation.
-The team with the most points each turn gets a Battle Point (if there is a tie for the most points then no battle Points are accrued)
-The first team to 10 Battle Points wins the war
-Managers of teams on the winning side each receive a +1 bonus potion to be used on a warrior on their contest team (or ADM graduate thereof that fought and graduated during the contest.) This must be applied within a month of the conclusion of the contest and the team must have been active on the last turn of the contest.

Thats what I have seen so far...

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Do we still have team captains for the 3 regions?

Following is the roster:

Andorian Captain:
Andorian Squad:

Delarq Captain:
Delarq Squad:

Free Blades Captain:
Free Blades Squad:

Please start populating this list and I will make a sticky for it.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd like to be among the first to volunteer to declare for the Free Blades
TUM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I presume The Muffin Man is still going to be captain of the Delarquan squad. I'll participate on that side, if there's room...

Don/TUM
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, it looks like things have settled down a bit and are running smoothly. Good luck with your contest.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since I already signed up as a Free Blader previously, I still wish to participate with that squad, although I will fight with the Delarqs if necessary. I do have a tendency to lean that way when provoked outside an Andorian arena. Either way, I want in on this one.

Life is pain...anyone who says differently is selling something. --The Man in Black

Teams listed in Extra Info
TUM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My apologies. I wasn't keeping up with the thread at all. It seems as if everyone who I was going into the contest with has pulled out. I do believe I shall do the same...

Don/TUM
Valamond
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is everyone that sensitive that they are not going to compete in a contest simply because either they or their friends got their feelings hurt? The contest rules are more than fair. Why don't you all grow some thicker skin and get your butts back in this contest? If you're upset with something that was said, then get back at that person on the sands. Don't try to ruin this contest for everyone else because of a petty little grudge. I've been looking forward to this contest for some time now.

Life is pain...anyone who says differently is selling something. --The Man in Black

Teams listed in Extra Info
TMM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think it's a 'thicker skin' problem. Most of us want to run in a contest that takes place in a closed arena.
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And without fear of being cursed at Smile

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, what a soap opera. I have intentionally stayed quiet through this whole blow up because I didn't want to fan the flames of this ridiculous drama any further. However, I do feel compelled to respond because of how my name has been thrown around in this.

* Street Legal repeatedly asked for the help and involvement of the "megas" (see May 12th, May 18th, June 15th) and for people's input on the rules. Even without that, people will always have questions and suggestions about how to run something fair and enjoyable. So don't act all surprised when people have opinions.
* When you go out there and start flaming people who are trying to contribute, don't be surprised when people are no longer interested in having anything to do with what you are doing. You have now offended almost everyone by flaming those who were trying to help, gone off about how everyone is selfish, throwing F-bombs around on people. You have seriously hurt your credibility and the viability of the contest.
* Street, I could give a crap where this contest or any other is run. The first mention of running in a closed arena was on page 3 of this thread and not by me. I wasn't even planning to run at all in the beginning. When people started talking about fights only counting against the opposing team warriors, I simply brought up the issue of outside teams if this was run in an open arena. That's it. It is a valid competitive concern and, besides you, EVERYONE (including Apex) agreed that they would prefer a closed arena. You simply wanted something different than what everyone else wanted.
* There was never any intention by me or anyone else to hijack anything. I tried to help flesh out the rules and drum up support to get this off the ground, I offered you one of my teams from a closed arena to run in 14 if needed, I got involved to run in a contest I had no interest in initially, and then I wished you well for whatever contest you ran in 14 when it became clear that you were not interested in running or participating with what EVERYONE else wanted to do in a closed arena.

Really, that was all. It seemed like there was an impasse. One one side, you wanted to have your contest in 14 and on the other side, everyone else wanted to have a Civil War in a closed arena. It looked like both were going to happen and that they were going to be different events, so I asked who was going to run the thing in a closed arena. I can see where you are coming from on feeling like things are slipping through your fingers, but that is at your own insistence. I have been nice to you through this entire thing and I take serious offense at you continuing to say that I have some personal "screw you" vendetta against you.

I got interested in participating in this contest because several of my friends were going to play based on the discussions on these forums and I thought that it would be fun to join them. I will most happily disengage myself from this because obviously my attempts at contribution are being perceived by Street and Apex to have ruined everything, I don't want to cause any more trouble, and the reasons I joined no longer exist. Best of luck to all on a fun, successful contest.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

All, this whole scenario concerning the Civil War has led to hurt feelings on several sides. There have been threats by varying parties to sabotage events because of these hurt feelings.

Realize this, those that do decide to "sabotage" not only strike out at those they believe hurt them, but they also ruin an event for all the innocent bystanders.This is unfair and inappropriate and should not be tolerated.

We trust that we do not have that type of people in the DM/D2 community. Any who chose to do something like this should be shunned by the whole community.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727

Last edited by The Consortium on Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deke
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am going to wait to see the response from the all arena ads.
If I do compete, I will remain Delarquean in my cold black heart.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic