New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - The Civil War in DM-14
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Alright no tournies it is. I left mailers open because everyone seemed to agree earlier about them. Also looks like, due to the leaving of so many, that we will have to push back the start date on this. No rush since the tournies are out anyways. Push it back 3 turns to roughly November 25th. This gives time to regroup for the Freeblades and 'larqs.

Since this is generally for bragging rights we don't want to hear any "You won but we didn't have so and so" 'seither as this open to all. I think everyone's afraid of the Andorian powerhouse anyways Crying or Very sad I mean we have the best manager in the game (Consortium) and the best younger manager in the game (Manager). That being said with the diminished F and D contingent we better pull it off!

You are right SL this is an open contest and if you Andorians win you will have bragging rights, but who are you going to brag to? While you and Manager are giving yourselves high-fives for running out Sandman and I (this is base on Manager's post), you have succeed in running out all the other competion. Way to go Andorians you are the best in the land.

Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
Alright no tournies it is. I left mailers open because everyone seemed to agree earlier about them. Also looks like, due to the leaving of so many, that we will have to push back the start date on this. No rush since the tournies are out anyways. Push it back 3 turns to roughly November 25th. This gives time to regroup for the Freeblades and 'larqs.

Since this is generally for bragging rights we don't want to hear any "You won but we didn't have so and so" 'seither as this open to all. I think everyone's afraid of the Andorian powerhouse anyways Crying or Very sad I mean we have the best manager in the game (Consortium) and the best younger manager in the game (Manager). That being said with the diminished F and D contingent we better pull it off!

OH MY!
We feel some controversy coming on after those statemants.
Manager isn't so young any more, so we guess younger fits.
We certainly agree - no tournaments.

Hard to argue with this. Succuss is the key to greatness. I am sure there are no other managers in the game that can hold a candle to the mighty Andorian duo. I know because one of them continues to tell everyone just how great he is, and we all know it has to be true.

Deke
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can only hope that there is this much "Manager Smack" in the personal ads once this contest actually begins.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Soultaker69 wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

OH MY!
We feel some controversy coming on after those statemants.
Manager isn't so young any more, so we guess younger fits.
We certainly agree - no tournaments.

Hard to argue with this. Succuss is the key to greatness. I am sure there are no other managers in the game that can hold a candle to the mighty Andorian duo. I know because one of them continues to tell everyone just how great he is, and we all know it has to be true.

After all the great and humble Soultaker has had to offer, we think it is appropriate for us to begin using the KYFMS tactic on anything related to this topic.

(Besides the other half of "the Andorian duo" speaks more than enough for all.)

Pretty Pandora (non denominational), Mr. T, Snuffy, Ace, Vet, Nighty-Night, Cheap Shot Management and the other Darkholmer managers in The Consortium chuckle and smirk.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727

Last edited by The Consortium on Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Soultaker69 wrote:
I am pretty sure you can add Rillion to the withdraw list.

Yes, when I said I am done with this, that included the contest as well as debating the whole issue.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
You are right SL this is an open contest and if you Andorians win you will have bragging rights, but who are you going to brag to?

Since when has that stopped anyone before?

I guess this is an appropriate time to mention that I was also a member of the first Civil War winning team! (The South)
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Soultaker69 wrote:
Kat wrote:
I know about the withdrawls (you can add TGG too) - however, I'm hoping y'all will eventually reconsider Cool

I am pretty sure you can add Rillion to the withdraw list. That is an assumption based on the crap that was heaped on him. As for reconsidering, I can pretty much assure you that now of the named ones abouve that withdrew will change their minds. It is probably better this way since those managers above are rumored to ruin the contest anyways. I hope that Street Legal has a great contest and I for one will not interfere in his endeavors to build it up. I am sure there will be some contest set up before too long that will welcome the so called troble-making mega-managers. I do feel bad for Valamond and you Kat as I would have loved to cross blades with all of ya.

Well, as I said - in a couple months, when things have blown over a bit - I'm hoping there'll be some reconsideration. The idea of a near-all-inclusive 'Civil War' (with an easy scoring system) seems a 'be-all-end-all' type contest. I'd like to see as many managers as possible play (I abhor the term "Mega" - and fail to see its applicability).

It's inconceivable to me that such a fine idea could go by the wayside do to what amounts to little more than, "Harumph! I'm taking my ball and going home".

Now, that phrase wasn't meant to upset anyone (at all) - rather it's more of an observation. Getting two managers together - for nearly anything - invites differing opinions. Expand that to 15, 20, 30, et all - and you've a virtual clamor of view. This is expected, isn't it?

Were their names called?

Yes.

Feelings hurt?

Yes.

Feathers ruffled?

Undoubtedly.

Do we need a facilitator?

Probably.

I fail to see how this grew so explosive. It’s a fine idea; get all the well-known and lesser-known managers together in a regionally-based competition. We know about the successes some have had in tournaments (various websites tout such well-earned accomplishments), and one can easily scan numerous arena’s to see how well a particular manager has fought a particular team over time. Those with 1000+ wins in Primus have my admiration for their obvious dedication and talent for the game.

However – (c’mon, you knew there was a ‘but’)

As Michael Rooker’s character ‘Rowdy Burns’ said in ‘Days of Thunder’, “You run good. Now go get your own car and we'll see how you do in a crowd.”

It'll be interesting to see who can thrive in team play -

...and who can't

Who can communicate, strategize, and co-ordinate actions with others -

...and who can't

Letting this die off whithout the opportunity to find out would be a bit of a shame.

At least the balls with be clean, eh?
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Soultaker69 wrote:
Kat wrote:
I know about the withdrawls (you can add TGG too) - however, I'm hoping y'all will eventually reconsider Cool

I am pretty sure you can add Rillion to the withdraw list. That is an assumption based on the crap that was heaped on him. As for reconsidering, I can pretty much assure you that now of the named ones abouve that withdrew will change their minds. It is probably better this way since those managers above are rumored to ruin the contest anyways. I hope that Street Legal has a great contest and I for one will not interfere in his endeavors to build it up. I am sure there will be some contest set up before too long that will welcome the so called troble-making mega-managers. I do feel bad for Valamond and you Kat as I would have loved to cross blades with all of ya.

See that's exactly what's bad for the game. Proving that the megas want nothing to do with the rest of the managers and going off on their own. Any red-blooded American (North American) male should be able to take some bad blood and come through it unscathed, but still angry. Anyone ever had a fist fight with a best friend and 2 hours later your like "So whatcha' want to do?"? It's called machismo, we all showed it too much. Me the most as everyone saw and many even backed me up on, I was getting strong-armed on this contest and fired back verbally.

We'll take bragging rights and deserve them FULLY if we win. There is NO room for any such claims of "so and so" wasn't there. Come smack us around if you think you can, if you can't you can't and don't show Laughing

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll be your Huckleberry.

Hell, even if I'm on the field alone - I can take on at least five of ya. Twisted Evil
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't want to bring up the closed arena/DM 14 thing again--but I just thought of a fairly big loophole.

Since the contest doesn't start until mid November, it's possible to start DA'ing now and then filtering the good DA replacements onto the existing teams once the contest begins.

For new teams, it's pretty enforceable, as you can say that they aren't allowed to run in the arena until Turn 0, but there is zero way to check that onto existing teams. In fact, most managers have accidental extra replacements just from running in an arena over a long period of time.
How do you check to see whether or not an existing team's replacement came from Turn 0 or from the LP they graduated 3 turns ago? (If you have a hole on your team, it's pretty easy to call RSI and tell them to send you a replacement from the bad RU pile while you hold onto your good replacement RU)

Thoughts?
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
I don't want to bring up the closed arena/DM 14 thing again--but I just thought of a fairly big loophole.

Since the contest doesn't start until mid November, it's possible to start DA'ing now and then filtering the good DA replacements onto the existing teams once the contest begins.

For new teams, it's pretty enforceable, as you can say that they aren't allowed to run in the arena until Turn 0, but there is zero way to check that onto existing teams. In fact, most managers have accidental extra replacements just from running in an arena over a long period of time.
How do you check to see whether or not an existing team's replacement came from Turn 0 or from the LP they graduated 3 turns ago? (If you have a hole on your team, it's pretty easy to call RSI and tell them to send you a replacement from the bad RU pile while you hold onto your good replacement RU)

Thoughts?

I’ve got an idea that WILL call for some RSI assistance;

I know we had agreed that all warriors would be pre-cursed by an A-, F-, or D-

What about expanding that to Team names? Pre-coursing team names with their regional affiliation could solve the problem, and ensure only ‘new’ teams are in the contest. I’ve a 71-50-8 team in 14 that I’ll gladly toss aside – though I can’t speak for the other managers.

Since RSI is generally against re-naming teams (yes, there are exceptions made), I’m sure Lee, Sandy, etc will disallow any existing teams to add an A-, F-, or D- to their team name.

As I said before in a long-ago previous post, the Free Bladers will have to be careful with the Team Names. I’m pretty sure “F-The Police” wouldn’t fly.
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

Thoughts?

Just force everyone to DA all 5 guys on turn 0, including new teams. So if someone DA's warriors before hand, they will have to DA that replacement as well. So its pretty worthless to DA warriors before Turn 0.

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TripwireDuel wrote:
Managerr wrote:

Thoughts?

Just force everyone to DA all 5 guys on turn 0, including new teams. So if someone DA's warriors before hand, they will have to DA that replacement as well. So its pretty worthless to DA warriors before Turn 0.

I have teams that I can DA all 5 warriors then submit old replacement roll ups that are pretty rocking. This is a huge loophole and probably will be exploited.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

Thoughts?

Don't forget the team's that have never run in an arena; they are eligible for name changes, and could have dead warriors return from the tourney as well. The rules don't prohibit dead returnees with a letter in front of thier name from hopping in with 9-15-25-35+ fe and decimating folks.

And you can add me to the list of folks who are out; I only signed up after LHI posted the rules summary thet included a closed arena(TOGS is probly the only non-closed arena contest I'd consider runnin in(and I missed it, so soulie doesn't get ripped on by me in 14 consecutive spots)). Maybe I'll be around for rillion's civil war(after all, shouldnt the moderator/scorekeeper from civil war3 have first crack at running the civil war4?).

On a side note, 10 +1 bonus potions as the total list of prizes is rather slim for a contest that is meant to generate 30+ teams for 10-28+ turns. There have been much smaller contests, with fewer warriors, that ran way less turns, with way better prizes.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LHI wrote:
TripwireDuel wrote:
Managerr wrote:

Thoughts?

I have teams that I can DA all 5 warriors then submit old replacement roll ups that are pretty rocking. This is a huge loophole and probably will be exploited.

Well again it's all up to integrity, if the game has none then so be it! Fortunately there aren't that many teams in 14 to begin with so there's not much oppurtunity for it to happen. Even transferring it in from another arena the replacements you've saved will have another arena number on it. Hopefully RSI catches such things.

These teams of yours, just for curiosity's sake, are they eligible to transfer to 14? Upon doing so will these replacements magically have arena 14 written on them as well or will they still have the old arena number.

To the other matter everybody DAs the whole team on the DA turn, turn 0 you can run,DA, or hold back your new guys. It'll never be truly equal footing if someone decides they HAVE to prove themselves better by whatever means necessary but it's still going to be the luck of their roll and their skill. Perhaps karma will get cheaters in the end anyways!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic