Duel2.Com  
•   Home  •  Rules  •  Your Account  •  Forums  • Newsletters  •
Navigate
· Home
· Content
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Members List
· Newsletters
· Old Newsletters
· Private Messages
· Setup
· Tourneys
· Your Account
User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Arazel
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 19799

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - The Civil War in DM-14
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Aug 21, 2005
Posts: 423
Location: the chaos plains to the north

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LHI wrote:
TripwireDuel wrote:
Managerr wrote:
I don't want to bring up the closed arena/DM 14 thing again--but I just thought of a fairly big loophole.

Since the contest doesn't start until mid November, it's possible to start DA'ing now and then filtering the good DA replacements onto the existing teams once the contest begins.

For new teams, it's pretty enforceable, as you can say that they aren't allowed to run in the arena until Turn 0, but there is zero way to check that onto existing teams. In fact, most managers have accidental extra replacements just from running in an arena over a long period of time.
How do you check to see whether or not an existing team's replacement came from Turn 0 or from the LP they graduated 3 turns ago? (If you have a hole on your team, it's pretty easy to call RSI and tell them to send you a replacement from the bad RU pile while you hold onto your good replacement RU)

Thoughts?


Just force everyone to DA all 5 guys on turn 0, including new teams. So if someone DA's warriors before hand, they will have to DA that replacement as well. So its pretty worthless to DA warriors before Turn 0.


I have teams that I can DA all 5 warriors then submit old replacement roll ups that are pretty rocking. This is a huge loophole and probably will be exploited.


yup. any teams that have been in 14 for a while will most likely have a couple lying around. couldn't you just have Sandy/Lee specifically oversee the turning in of initial rollups to make sure all that was kosher?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Aug 21, 2005
Posts: 423
Location: the chaos plains to the north

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
LHI wrote:
TripwireDuel wrote:
Managerr wrote:
I don't want to bring up the closed arena/DM 14 thing again--but I just thought of a fairly big loophole.

Since the contest doesn't start until mid November, it's possible to start DA'ing now and then filtering the good DA replacements onto the existing teams once the contest begins.

For new teams, it's pretty enforceable, as you can say that they aren't allowed to run in the arena until Turn 0, but there is zero way to check that onto existing teams. In fact, most managers have accidental extra replacements just from running in an arena over a long period of time.
How do you check to see whether or not an existing team's replacement came from Turn 0 or from the LP they graduated 3 turns ago? (If you have a hole on your team, it's pretty easy to call RSI and tell them to send you a replacement from the bad RU pile while you hold onto your good replacement RU)

Thoughts?


Just force everyone to DA all 5 guys on turn 0, including new teams. So if someone DA's warriors before hand, they will have to DA that replacement as well. So its pretty worthless to DA warriors before Turn 0.


I have teams that I can DA all 5 warriors then submit old replacement roll ups that are pretty rocking. This is a huge loophole and probably will be exploited.


Well again it's all up to integrity, if the game has none then so be it! Fortunately there aren't that many teams in 14 to begin with so there's not much oppurtunity for it to happen. Even transferring it in from another arena the replacements you've saved will have another arena number on it. Hopefully RSI catches such things.

These teams of yours, just for curiosity's sake, are they eligible to transfer to 14? Upon doing so will these replacements magically have arena 14 written on them as well or will they still have the old arena number.

To the other matter everybody DAs the whole team on the DA turn, turn 0 you can run,DA, or hold back your new guys. It'll never be truly equal footing if someone decides they HAVE to prove themselves better by whatever means necessary but it's still going to be the luck of their roll and their skill. Perhaps karma will get cheaters in the end anyways!
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3379
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Soultaker69 wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
Alright no tournies it is. I left mailers open because everyone seemed to agree earlier about them. Also looks like, due to the leaving of so many, that we will have to push back the start date on this. No rush since the tournies are out anyways. Push it back 3 turns to roughly November 25th. This gives time to regroup for the Freeblades and 'larqs.

Since this is generally for bragging rights we don't want to hear any "You won but we didn't have so and so" 'seither as this open to all. I think everyone's afraid of the Andorian powerhouse anyways Cry I mean we have the best manager in the game (Consortium) and the best younger manager in the game (Manager). That being said with the diminished F and D contingent we better pull it off!


You are right SL this is an open contest and if you Andorians win you will have bragging rights, but who are you going to brag to? While you and Manager are giving yourselves high-fives for running out Sandman and I (this is base on Manager's post), you have succeed in running out all the other competion. Way to go Andorians you are the best in the land.


As long as your willing to concede to the truth maybe we don't need the contest after all. Nce win over whom in the dead ZC3? Oh yeah Mannequin. Based on your OWN logic that's the only person you have bragging rights over in ZC3. I give you credit for dominance but your apparently harder on yourself than I and will bow to your opinions Laughing

As the song "Twisted Logic" says:

If a is b and b is c therefore a is c.
For example here's some examples here we go!
From war comes peace
and peace is good
therefore war is good!

Johnny blew his head off
Johnny listened to metal
therefore metal killed Johnny
that's logical it's settled! Cool

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View user's profileSend private message
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3379
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nuln wrote:
LHI wrote:
TripwireDuel wrote:
Managerr wrote:
I don't want to bring up the closed arena/DM 14 thing again--but I just thought of a fairly big loophole.

Since the contest doesn't start until mid November, it's possible to start DA'ing now and then filtering the good DA replacements onto the existing teams once the contest begins.

For new teams, it's pretty enforceable, as you can say that they aren't allowed to run in the arena until Turn 0, but there is zero way to check that onto existing teams. In fact, most managers have accidental extra replacements just from running in an arena over a long period of time.
How do you check to see whether or not an existing team's replacement came from Turn 0 or from the LP they graduated 3 turns ago? (If you have a hole on your team, it's pretty easy to call RSI and tell them to send you a replacement from the bad RU pile while you hold onto your good replacement RU)

Thoughts?


That'd probably be easiest way to handle it. See that's how to make a suggestion and not make it sound like a DEMAND Laughing
Just force everyone to DA all 5 guys on turn 0, including new teams. So if someone DA's warriors before hand, they will have to DA that replacement as well. So its pretty worthless to DA warriors before Turn 0.


I have teams that I can DA all 5 warriors then submit old replacement roll ups that are pretty rocking. This is a huge loophole and probably will be exploited.


yup. any teams that have been in 14 for a while will most likely have a couple lying around. couldn't you just have Sandy/Lee specifically oversee the turning in of initial rollups to make sure all that was kosher?

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View user's profileSend private message
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Aug 21, 2005
Posts: 423
Location: the chaos plains to the north

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="Street_Legal]Well again it's all up to integrity, if the game has none then so be it! Fortunately there aren't that many teams in 14 to begin with so there's not much oppurtunity for it to happen. Even transferring it in from another arena the replacements you've saved will have another arena number on it. Hopefully RSI catches such things.

These teams of yours, just for curiosity's sake, are they eligible to transfer to 14? Upon doing so will these replacements magically have arena 14 written on them as well or will they still have the old arena number.

To the other matter everybody DAs the whole team on the DA turn, turn 0 you can run,DA, or hold back your new guys. It'll never be truly equal footing if someone decides they HAVE to prove themselves better by whatever means necessary but it's still going to be the luck of their roll and their skill. Perhaps karma will get cheaters in the end anyways![/quote]

then woe is you...
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3379
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pipthetroll wrote:
Managerr wrote:
I don't want to bring up the closed arena/DM 14 thing again--but I just thought of a fairly big loophole.

Since the contest doesn't start until mid November, it's possible to start DA'ing now and then filtering the good DA replacements onto the existing teams once the contest begins.

For new teams, it's pretty enforceable, as you can say that they aren't allowed to run in the arena until Turn 0, but there is zero way to check that onto existing teams. In fact, most managers have accidental extra replacements just from running in an arena over a long period of time.
How do you check to see whether or not an existing team's replacement came from Turn 0 or from the LP they graduated 3 turns ago? (If you have a hole on your team, it's pretty easy to call RSI and tell them to send you a replacement from the bad RU pile while you hold onto your good replacement RU)

Thoughts?


Don't forget the team's that have never run in an arena; they are eligible for name changes, and could have dead warriors return from the tourney as well. The rules don't prohibit dead returnees with a letter in front of thier name from hopping in with 9-15-25-35+ fe and decimating folks.

And you can add me to the list of folks who are out; I only signed up after LHI posted the rules summary thet included a closed arena(TOGS is probly the only non-closed arena contest I'd consider runnin in(and I missed it, so soulie doesn't get ripped on by me in 14 consecutive spots)). Maybe I'll be around for rillion's civil war(after all, shouldnt the moderator/scorekeeper from civil war3 have first crack at running the civil war4?).

On a side note, 10 +1 bonus potions as the total list of prizes is rather slim for a contest that is meant to generate 30+ teams for 10-28+ turns. There have been much smaller contests, with fewer warriors, that ran way less turns, with way better prizes.


RSI, more specifically Lee who makes such decisions, is against opening a closed arena! He should but he never stepped up so I did. And as Lee said they won't stop other teams from running in these newly re-opened arenas. So watch for my teams they'll be challenging in perhaps Wink I mean I may as well prove my point ,after all I got shredded for it, in dramatic fashion! But again since Lee is against opening a closed arena I doubt I'll have to create a new team after all Shocked

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View user's profileSend private message
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3379
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nuln wrote:
[quote="Street_Legal]Well again it's all up to integrity, if the game has none then so be it! Fortunately there aren't that many teams in 14 to begin with so there's not much oppurtunity for it to happen. Even transferring it in from another arena the replacements you've saved will have another arena number on it. Hopefully RSI catches such things.

These teams of yours, just for curiosity's sake, are they eligible to transfer to 14? Upon doing so will these replacements magically have arena 14 written on them as well or will they still have the old arena number.

To the other matter everybody DAs the whole team on the DA turn, turn 0 you can run,DA, or hold back your new guys. It'll never be truly equal footing if someone decides they HAVE to prove themselves better by whatever means necessary but it's still going to be the luck of their roll and their skill. Perhaps karma will get cheaters in the end anyways!


then woe is you...[/quote]

Yeah I'm starting to get the feeling that there is smoke behind that fire. And the subtle warnings of collusion and interference are perhaps true! Is this inbred in the whole game or are there just a few megalomaniacs who need to prove their right by cheating? In your opinion.

Those megas who feel such a need may get so big that they swallow their own tails (ie they either destroy the game or minimize their own accomplishments with mistrust by the D2 community). I can only say I know of one cheater in definate and assume the rest to be mostly upstanding. Am I a fool for this belief (yeah yeah go ahead I'm a fool period Laughing I know)

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View user's profileSend private message
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3379
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:

* There was never any intention by me or anyone else to hijack anything. I tried to help flesh out the rules and drum up support to get this off the ground, I offered you one of my teams from a closed arena to run in 14 if needed, I got involved to run in a contest I had no interest in initially, and then I wished you well for whatever contest you ran in 14 when it became clear that you were not interested in running or participating with what EVERYONE else wanted to do in a closed arena.

.


Whose going to pick up the reigns to this thing?

What was that then? Be honest now and don't hide and say you never said that! The Crusades was stated over and over as the same contest just a time line appropriate name change. So there was one contest being hashed out. I NEVER said I gave up on the running of the contest. Explain, if you may or can,how this was not an attempt to subvert the running of the contest from me? Considering I'd already talked to RSI about opening a closed arena for my last contest and got a pretty hearty NO, plus it would not affect interference I tried to pull the reigns, however oberzealous, back to the direction of 14! I'm not going to flame out at a response. As long as there's no more subversion, that's when I flamed out (and as pointed out by others, not just me, that's what was apparently happening).

Oh and BTW you used specifics about who might interfere and everyone went into panic. You didn't say "what if SOMEONE" you said "what if I"! Slip of the tongue? Perhaps; perhaps not but I've gotten word from many managers that people were going to skew this contest, or try to, but again a closed arena will not stop that despite everyone's beliefs.

Once they open it anyone can come!

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View user's profileSend private message
GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Aug 05, 2002
Posts: 737
Location: Tennessee Yeehaw!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow such drama. Okay I want give some advice and hopefully some cooler heads can prevail.

1) SL STOP POSTING TO PEOPLE THAT LEFT THE CONTEST. Your fueling the fire you want to extinguish. You have made your rules. You have your prizes, you have your arena. Start a brand new thread, lay out the rules, timeline, prizes and start taking volunteers to run in it. This thread is pointless...dont even respond to me...just drop the whole thing...name your contest and go.

2) Those not wanting to play, STOP POSTING IN THE CONTEST THREAD. You dont want to play and thats fine so when a new thread opens just ignore it. Let them play the way they want to and wish them luck.

3) For anyone making a contest in the future, let this serve as a lesson. Make out your rules with a few others privately, make decisions, post your contest when ready and dont ask for opinions. If someone sends you a private e-mail with a loophole you can fix...do it, if not stick with your contest and move on. Asking for 50 people to comment on your rules and help in a public forumn make then is a horrible idea as has been proven with this stupid bashing thread.


As for me I am out of this one...not because of arena, arguments or any other such thing. I have friends I wanted to play against and I have a limited budget. Unfortunately most of them have dropped out and while playing with the rest of you would be fun and making new friends would be great I am joining an arena with most of my alliance to have fun running in just a basic arena. I really hope this contest works out and I wish you all luck. ...Now if anyone wants to pay for me I'd be glad to reconsider Smile
TGG
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM Address
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster


Joined: Oct 02, 2005
Posts: 157
Location: Northeast Florida

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Soultaker69 wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
Alright no tournies it is. I left mailers open because everyone seemed to agree earlier about them. Also looks like, due to the leaving of so many, that we will have to push back the start date on this. No rush since the tournies are out anyways. Push it back 3 turns to roughly November 25th. This gives time to regroup for the Freeblades and 'larqs.

Since this is generally for bragging rights we don't want to hear any "You won but we didn't have so and so" 'seither as this open to all. I think everyone's afraid of the Andorian powerhouse anyways Cry I mean we have the best manager in the game (Consortium) and the best younger manager in the game (Manager). That being said with the diminished F and D contingent we better pull it off!


You are right SL this is an open contest and if you Andorians win you will have bragging rights, but who are you going to brag to? While you and Manager are giving yourselves high-fives for running out Sandman and I (this is base on Manager's post), you have succeed in running out all the other competion. Way to go Andorians you are the best in the land.


As long as your willing to concede to the truth maybe we don't need the contest after all. Nce win over whom in the dead ZC3? Oh yeah Mannequin. Based on your OWN logic that's the only person you have bragging rights over in ZC3. I give you credit for dominance but your apparently harder on yourself than I and will bow to your opinions Laughing

I have no problem if you want to say you are the best manager in the game. As for ZC3 you forget Manager (your claim to be the best younger manager in the game), Rillion who when is active can more then hold his own. How about One Arm Bandit who not only was very impressive but is a class act. Oh yeah and also the consortuim (which is your claim to be the best manager in the game). There was also Garfield and Visionist. As for it being a dead contest, I bet we had more participation then you are having. MOST of all you have not heard one word from me about winning that contest. I find contests to be fun but by no means proves any one individual to be a better manager then another.
If you want to only pull out certain facts to prove your point, much like you have done against YOUR so called mega-managers, you leave yourself open.





As the song "Twisted Logic" says:

If a is b and b is c therefore a is c.
For example here's some examples here we go!
From war comes peace
and peace is good
therefore war is good!

Johnny blew his head off
Johnny listened to metal
therefore metal killed Johnny
that's logical it's settled! Cool

_________________
Soultaker
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Just a player that hasn't quit the game and come back. Maybe that is why I don't have all the answers to the problems in the game.
View user's profileSend private message
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster


Joined: Oct 02, 2005
Posts: 157
Location: Northeast Florida

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
pipthetroll wrote:
Managerr wrote:
I don't want to bring up the closed arena/DM 14 thing again--but I just thought of a fairly big loophole.

Since the contest doesn't start until mid November, it's possible to start DA'ing now and then filtering the good DA replacements onto the existing teams once the contest begins.

For new teams, it's pretty enforceable, as you can say that they aren't allowed to run in the arena until Turn 0, but there is zero way to check that onto existing teams. In fact, most managers have accidental extra replacements just from running in an arena over a long period of time.
How do you check to see whether or not an existing team's replacement came from Turn 0 or from the LP they graduated 3 turns ago? (If you have a hole on your team, it's pretty easy to call RSI and tell them to send you a replacement from the bad RU pile while you hold onto your good replacement RU)

Thoughts?


Don't forget the team's that have never run in an arena; they are eligible for name changes, and could have dead warriors return from the tourney as well. The rules don't prohibit dead returnees with a letter in front of thier name from hopping in with 9-15-25-35+ fe and decimating folks.

And you can add me to the list of folks who are out; I only signed up after LHI posted the rules summary thet included a closed arena(TOGS is probly the only non-closed arena contest I'd consider runnin in(and I missed it, so soulie doesn't get ripped on by me in 14 consecutive spots)). Maybe I'll be around for rillion's civil war(after all, shouldnt the moderator/scorekeeper from civil war3 have first crack at running the civil war4?).

On a side note, 10 +1 bonus potions as the total list of prizes is rather slim for a contest that is meant to generate 30+ teams for 10-28+ turns. There have been much smaller contests, with fewer warriors, that ran way less turns, with way better prizes.


RSI, more specifically Lee who makes such decisions, is against opening a closed arena! He should but he never stepped up so I did. And as Lee said they won't stop other teams from running in these newly re-opened arenas. So watch for my teams they'll be challenging in perhaps Wink I mean I may as well prove my point ,after all I got shredded for it, in dramatic fashion! But again since Lee is against opening a closed arena I doubt I'll have to create a new team after all Shocked


You know the wink does little to hide your true attitude. Not one of the people you flamed has threated or even alluded to coming in and messing with your contest. And you wonder why all of the people you cussed at and belittled are not rushing to help you play in 14. Go figure

_________________
Soultaker
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Just a player that hasn't quit the game and come back. Maybe that is why I don't have all the answers to the problems in the game.
View user's profileSend private message
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster


Joined: Oct 02, 2005
Posts: 157
Location: Northeast Florida

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
nuln wrote:
[quote="Street_Legal]Well again it's all up to integrity, if the game has none then so be it! Fortunately there aren't that many teams in 14 to begin with so there's not much oppurtunity for it to happen. Even transferring it in from another arena the replacements you've saved will have another arena number on it. Hopefully RSI catches such things.

These teams of yours, just for curiosity's sake, are they eligible to transfer to 14? Upon doing so will these replacements magically have arena 14 written on them as well or will they still have the old arena number.

To the other matter everybody DAs the whole team on the DA turn, turn 0 you can run,DA, or hold back your new guys. It'll never be truly equal footing if someone decides they HAVE to prove themselves better by whatever means necessary but it's still going to be the luck of their roll and their skill. Perhaps karma will get cheaters in the end anyways!


then woe is you...


Yeah I'm starting to get the feeling that there is smoke behind that fire. And the subtle warnings of collusion and interference are perhaps true! Is this inbred in the whole game or are there just a few megalomaniacs who need to prove their right by cheating? In your opinion.

Those megas who feel such a need may get so big that they swallow their own tails (ie they either destroy the game or minimize their own accomplishments with mistrust by the D2 community). I can only say I know of one cheater in definate and assume the rest to be mostly upstanding. Am I a fool for this belief (yeah yeah go ahead I'm a fool period Laughing I know)[/quote]

Ok this is getting to be fun. Just think I will become a expert poster just by this thread.
My question is how do you deteremine a mega-manager. You throw that term around very loosely and I for one want to know just where the line is that one steps over to become a mega-manager.
You seem to be a master poster, so does that make you a mega-manager in the eyes of anyone new to the game?
Since when has if become an evil thing to have played the game for 10+ years?
Your comment about megalomanics cheating comes right after you post you will be coming into any contest to distrupt it. So you are saying you are one of the few megalomanics.
I have not posted on these forums sites because I really hate conflict, but I am not one that is going to be politically correct and refrain from saying that the reason that everyone is not playing is because you and Apex threw a fit and blamed anyone and everyone because it was not going the way you wanted. You cling to everyone wanting to steal it from you but in reality there was over 30 managers all worked up to play in a contest and you did not step up to the plate and control it. You have your contest so be happy but don't try and make those managers that you offended feel bad because they don't want to reward you for a temper tantrum. Don't use that Oh see they don't want to play with younger managers because the truth is they don't want to waste their time or money playing with you

_________________
Soultaker
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Just a player that hasn't quit the game and come back. Maybe that is why I don't have all the answers to the problems in the game.
View user's profileSend private message
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster


Joined: Oct 02, 2005
Posts: 157
Location: Northeast Florida

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
Wow such drama. Okay I want give some advice and hopefully some cooler heads can prevail.

1) SL STOP POSTING TO PEOPLE THAT LEFT THE CONTEST. Your fueling the fire you want to extinguish. You have made your rules. You have your prizes, you have your arena. Start a brand new thread, lay out the rules, timeline, prizes and start taking volunteers to run in it. This thread is pointless...dont even respond to me...just drop the whole thing...name your contest and go.

2) Those not wanting to play, STOP POSTING IN THE CONTEST THREAD. You dont want to play and thats fine so when a new thread opens just ignore it. Let them play the way they want to and wish them luck.

3) For anyone making a contest in the future, let this serve as a lesson. Make out your rules with a few others privately, make decisions, post your contest when ready and dont ask for opinions. If someone sends you a private e-mail with a loophole you can fix...do it, if not stick with your contest and move on. Asking for 50 people to comment on your rules and help in a public forumn make then is a horrible idea as has been proven with this stupid bashing thread.


As for me I am out of this one...not because of arena, arguments or any other such thing. I have friends I wanted to play against and I have a limited budget. Unfortunately most of them have dropped out and while playing with the rest of you would be fun and making new friends would be great I am joining an arena with most of my alliance to have fun running in just a basic arena. I really hope this contest works out and I wish you all luck. ...Now if anyone wants to pay for me I'd be glad to reconsider Smile
TGG


I should have read all the posts first. To all I am sorry I let myself get drug into this I will refrain from anymore comments. I will go back to not responding (damn there goes my expert poster title)
TGG is correct and again the voice of reason. Must be that teacher quality.
I beg forgiveness for my out burst.

_________________
Soultaker
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Just a player that hasn't quit the game and come back. Maybe that is why I don't have all the answers to the problems in the game.
View user's profileSend private message
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Aug 21, 2005
Posts: 423
Location: the chaos plains to the north

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Soultaker69 wrote:
GreekGuy wrote:
Wow such drama. Okay I want give some advice and hopefully some cooler heads can prevail.

1) SL STOP POSTING TO PEOPLE THAT LEFT THE CONTEST. Your fueling the fire you want to extinguish. You have made your rules. You have your prizes, you have your arena. Start a brand new thread, lay out the rules, timeline, prizes and start taking volunteers to run in it. This thread is pointless...dont even respond to me...just drop the whole thing...name your contest and go.

2) Those not wanting to play, STOP POSTING IN THE CONTEST THREAD. You dont want to play and thats fine so when a new thread opens just ignore it. Let them play the way they want to and wish them luck.

3) For anyone making a contest in the future, let this serve as a lesson. Make out your rules with a few others privately, make decisions, post your contest when ready and dont ask for opinions. If someone sends you a private e-mail with a loophole you can fix...do it, if not stick with your contest and move on. Asking for 50 people to comment on your rules and help in a public forumn make then is a horrible idea as has been proven with this stupid bashing thread.


As for me I am out of this one...not because of arena, arguments or any other such thing. I have friends I wanted to play against and I have a limited budget. Unfortunately most of them have dropped out and while playing with the rest of you would be fun and making new friends would be great I am joining an arena with most of my alliance to have fun running in just a basic arena. I really hope this contest works out and I wish you all luck. ...Now if anyone wants to pay for me I'd be glad to reconsider Smile
TGG


I should have read all the posts first. To all I am sorry I let myself get drug into this I will refrain from anymore comments. I will go back to not responding (damn there goes my expert poster title)
TGG is correct and again the voice of reason. Must be that teacher quality.
I beg forgiveness for my out burst.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Aug 21, 2005
Posts: 423
Location: the chaos plains to the north

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Soultaker69 wrote:
GreekGuy wrote:
Wow such drama. Okay I want give some advice and hopefully some cooler heads can prevail.

1) SL STOP POSTING TO PEOPLE THAT LEFT THE CONTEST. Your fueling the fire you want to extinguish. You have made your rules. You have your prizes, you have your arena. Start a brand new thread, lay out the rules, timeline, prizes and start taking volunteers to run in it. This thread is pointless...dont even respond to me...just drop the whole thing...name your contest and go.

2) Those not wanting to play, STOP POSTING IN THE CONTEST THREAD. You dont want to play and thats fine so when a new thread opens just ignore it. Let them play the way they want to and wish them luck.

3) For anyone making a contest in the future, let this serve as a lesson. Make out your rules with a few others privately, make decisions, post your contest when ready and dont ask for opinions. If someone sends you a private e-mail with a loophole you can fix...do it, if not stick with your contest and move on. Asking for 50 people to comment on your rules and help in a public forumn make then is a horrible idea as has been proven with this stupid bashing thread.


As for me I am out of this one...not because of arena, arguments or any other such thing. I have friends I wanted to play against and I have a limited budget. Unfortunately most of them have dropped out and while playing with the rest of you would be fun and making new friends would be great I am joining an arena with most of my alliance to have fun running in just a basic arena. I really hope this contest works out and I wish you all luck. ...Now if anyone wants to pay for me I'd be glad to reconsider Smile
TGG


I should have read all the posts first. To all I am sorry I let myself get drug into this I will refrain from anymore comments. I will go back to not responding (damn there goes my expert poster title)
TGG is correct and again the voice of reason. Must be that teacher quality.
I beg forgiveness for my out burst.


sorry, i'll put the bottle down.

hey Soulie, you're gonna be a Grandmaster any day now!

<bowing to TGG>
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB 2.0.10 © 2001 phpBB Group

Version 2.0.6 of PHP-Nuke Port by Tom Nitzschner © 2002 www.toms-home.com
Forums ©
:: fisubsilver shadow phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by coldblooded (www.nukemods.com) ::