Duel2.Com  
•   Home  •  Rules  •  Your Account  •  Forums  • Newsletters  •
Navigate
· Home
· Content
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Members List
· Newsletters
· Old Newsletters
· Private Messages
· Setup
· Tourneys
· Your Account
User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: input73cart
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 4
Overall: 19617

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - The Civil War in DM-14
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 17, 2002
Posts: 1054

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Soultaker69 wrote:
TGG is correct and again the voice of reason. Must be that teacher quality. I beg forgiveness for my out burst.


Smart move, TGG has a BladeMaster Attack and a weapon fav of ruler!
View user's profileSend private message
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 12, 2002
Posts: 4036
Location: Omaha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Just force everyone to DA all 5 guys on turn 0, including new teams. So if someone DA's warriors before hand, they will have to DA that replacement as well. So its pretty worthless to DA warriors before Turn 0.


Well, on Turn -2, I can DA my entire team. If I see that I have 3 good roll-ups I wanted to save--I could be totally duplicitous and call RSI and tell them my turn didn't arrive. They'll send me 5 really bad replacement roll-ups as per the norm, but now I have 5 duplicates to DA again on Turn 0, etc. Even if you're not a cheater, there's still ways to build up extra incidental roll-ups. Immortality/Res prizes, Dead Tourney Resurrections, duplicate RU's in the mail/tourneys, transferred teams that have holes in them, etc.

A closed arena wouldn't necessarily stop all instances of this loophole either (although it would be slightly harder) now that I think about it though. Basically we'd need a way for RSI to create the new teams and DA them all on the first turn for us--or a way to carefully monitor transfers into that arena...
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressICQ Number
_Indimar_
Master Poster
Master Poster


Joined: Jun 15, 2006
Posts: 299
Location: SLO County

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
Just force everyone to DA all 5 guys on turn 0, including new teams. So if someone DA's warriors before hand, they will have to DA that replacement as well. So its pretty worthless to DA warriors before Turn 0.


Well, on Turn -2, I can DA my entire team. If I see that I have 3 good roll-ups I wanted to save--I could be totally duplicitous and call RSI and tell them my turn didn't arrive. They'll send me 5 really bad replacement roll-ups as per the norm, but now I have 5 duplicates to DA again on Turn 0, etc. Even if you're not a cheater, there's still ways to build up extra incidental roll-ups. Immortality/Res prizes, Dead Tourney Resurrections, duplicate RU's in the mail/tourneys, transferred teams that have holes in them, etc.

A closed arena wouldn't necessarily stop all instances of this loophole either (although it would be slightly harder) now that I think about it though. Basically we'd need a way for RSI to create the new teams and DA them all on the first turn for us--or a way to carefully monitor transfers into that arena...


It's a good thing I'm honest as I seem to lack the wit to cheat itelligently. Embarassed
View user's profileSend private message
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8664
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Soultaker69 wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
Alright no tournies it is. I left mailers open because everyone seemed to agree earlier about them. Also looks like, due to the leaving of so many, that we will have to push back the start date on this. No rush since the tournies are out anyways. Push it back 3 turns to roughly November 25th. This gives time to regroup for the Freeblades and 'larqs.

Since this is generally for bragging rights we don't want to hear any "You won but we didn't have so and so" 'seither as this open to all. I think everyone's afraid of the Andorian powerhouse anyways Cry I mean we have the best manager in the game (Consortium) and the best younger manager in the game (Manager). That being said with the diminished F and D contingent we better pull it off!


You are right SL this is an open contest and if you Andorians win you will have bragging rights, but who are you going to brag to? While you and Manager are giving yourselves high-fives for running out Sandman and I (this is base on Manager's post), you have succeed in running out all the other competion. Way to go Andorians you are the best in the land.


As long as your willing to concede to the truth maybe we don't need the contest after all. Nce win over whom in the dead ZC3? Oh yeah Mannequin. Based on your OWN logic that's the only person you have bragging rights over in ZC3. I give you credit for dominance but your apparently harder on yourself than I and will bow to your opinions Laughing

As the song "Twisted Logic" says:

If a is b and b is c therefore a is c.
For example here's some examples here we go!
From war comes peace
and peace is good
therefore war is good!

Johnny blew his head off
Johnny listened to metal
therefore metal killed Johnny
that's logical it's settled! Cool


Whoa, there, podner! We were in ZalCon and were also decimated by Soultaker's fine win. He and Mannequin did outdistance the foes, but they deserve full credit - esp Soultaker - for a top notch win. That "shot' was was unfair and inappropriate.

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
982 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 101K+ fights and 65K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1479*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1420; Lenpros DM30 @ 1396; Fandils @ 1305
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Mar 12, 2003
Posts: 971
Location: Bay Area, CA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

* There was never any intention by me or anyone else to hijack anything. I tried to help flesh out the rules and drum up support to get this off the ground, I offered you one of my teams from a closed arena to run in 14 if needed, I got involved to run in a contest I had no interest in initially, and then I wished you well for whatever contest you ran in 14 when it became clear that you were not interested in running or participating with what EVERYONE else wanted to do in a closed arena.


Whose going to pick up the reigns to this thing?

What was that then? Be honest now and don't hide and say you never said that! The Crusades was stated over and over as the same contest just a time line appropriate name change. So there was one contest being hashed out. I NEVER said I gave up on the running of the contest. Explain, if you may or can,how this was not an attempt to subvert the running of the contest from me?


I wished you well for the contest you were running and asked who was going to pick up the reigns of the the Civil War when (to quote from above) it became clear that you were not interested in running or participating with what EVERYONE else wanted to do in a closed arena. Yes, you still want to do it in 14, but that is not what the bulk of the 30+ managers who had committed to this thing wanted and agreed to. Therefore it looked like there would be TWO contests. One that you were going to run in 14 to help revive your arena and the other in a closed arena to help keep things as fair and even as possible.

Street_Legal wrote:
Considering I'd already talked to RSI about opening a closed arena for my last contest and got a pretty hearty NO, plus it would not affect interference I tried to pull the reigns, however oberzealous, back to the direction of 14! I'm not going to flame out at a response. As long as there's no more subversion, that's when I flamed out (and as pointed out by others, not just me, that's what was apparently happening).


You keep throwing this up as you shield, your defense about why everyone should come and back your contest now in 14. However, Lee is very reasonable and I have no doubt that if someone comes to her with a well-thought out plan and a commitment from a large group of players for a extended contest that she would allow the use of a closed or new arena and to help control outside interference (especially intentional). It makes sense for RSI to support that kind of interest from the players for an event.

Street_Legal wrote:
Oh and BTW you used specifics about who might interfere and everyone went into panic. You didn't say "what if SOMEONE" you said "what if I"! Slip of the tongue? Perhaps; perhaps not but I've gotten word from many managers that people were going to skew this contest, or try to, but again a closed arena will not stop that despite everyone's beliefs.

Once they open it anyone can come!


No, I told you that this was a "f'rinstance" to illustrate the potential problem. I wanted people to consider it because it is a factor as it has been in TOGS and would be in any open arena. Apparently many other people think so as well. I could have gone either way, I DIDN'T REALLY CARE! There are plenty of ways to try to mitigate the impact of it and I suspect that some sort of agreement could have been made if you'd have chosen to deal with this like an adult and tried to work through the issues.

_________________
--Travis
The Sentinel
<=======|-- --|=======>
View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Aug 06, 2005
Posts: 421
Location: Polaris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Soultaker69 wrote:
I have not posted on these forums sites because I really hate conflict, but I am not one that is going to be politically correct and refrain from saying that the reason that everyone is not playing is because you and Apex threw a fit and blamed anyone and everyone because it was not going the way you wanted. You cling to everyone wanting to steal it from you but in reality there was over 30 managers all worked up to play in a contest and you did not step up to the plate and control it. You have your contest so be happy but don't try and make those managers that you offended feel bad because they don't want to reward you for a temper tantrum. Don't use that Oh see they don't want to play with younger managers because the truth is they don't want to waste their time or money playing with you


Very good points.
Street Legal, I know this will disappoint you, but I will not be participating in "your" contest. However, come on over to 31 and support your Vendetta Cartel. You will just be another door mat at the entrance to the arena.

_________________
Raoul the Rude
"Harbinger of Woe"
The Council of Lords

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
View user's profileSend private message
Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Jul 14, 2003
Posts: 753

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Eh who cares, both contests have changed so much that none of the previous bickering really mean much.

I already had permission to open a closed arena (and a chance to start the arena back at turn one <small chance, but still) All we needed were 20 managers interested in the situation.

It never happened. I dropped a team into 14 4 or 5 months ago just for this civil war, which also never happened.

I've since acquired several warriors that I would not DA, and while I have a few teams in closed arenas I would move in for the contest I really have stopped paying attention to the whole "civil war" situation.

Seems like alot of people want to argue, but none of them want to fight.

If and when it starts if the 'Larq side needs another body they can call on me (If they want, and given a couple turns warning). Otherwise this is all academic.

_________________
Seraphim (Leader of Legions all over Alastari)
Dark Arena advocate
"I don't know why everyone thinks I'm a killer"Mannequin
"The easiest way to win is to knock them down and kill them"Mannequin
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressICQ Number
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3325
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Soultaker69 wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
nuln wrote:
[quote="Street_Legal]Well again it's all up to integrity, if the game has none then so be it! Fortunately there aren't that many teams in 14 to begin with so there's not much oppurtunity for it to happen. Even transferring it in from another arena the replacements you've saved will have another arena number on it. Hopefully RSI catches such things.

These teams of yours, just for curiosity's sake, are they eligible to transfer to 14? Upon doing so will these replacements magically have arena 14 written on them as well or will they still have the old arena number.

To the other matter everybody DAs the whole team on the DA turn, turn 0 you can run,DA, or hold back your new guys. It'll never be truly equal footing if someone decides they HAVE to prove themselves better by whatever means necessary but it's still going to be the luck of their roll and their skill. Perhaps karma will get cheaters in the end anyways!


then woe is you...


Yeah I'm starting to get the feeling that there is smoke behind that fire. And the subtle warnings of collusion and interference are perhaps true! Is this inbred in the whole game or are there just a few megalomaniacs who need to prove their right by cheating? In your opinion.

Those megas who feel such a need may get so big that they swallow their own tails (ie they either destroy the game or minimize their own accomplishments with mistrust by the D2 community). I can only say I know of one cheater in definate and assume the rest to be mostly upstanding. Am I a fool for this belief (yeah yeah go ahead I'm a fool period Laughing I know)


Ok this is getting to be fun. Just think I will become a expert poster just by this thread.
My question is how do you deteremine a mega-manager. You throw that term around very loosely and I for one want to know just where the line is that one steps over to become a mega-manager.
You seem to be a master poster, so does that make you a mega-manager in the eyes of anyone new to the game?
Since when has if become an evil thing to have played the game for 10+ years?
Your comment about megalomanics cheating comes right after you post you will be coming into any contest to distrupt it. So you are saying you are one of the few megalomanics.
I have not posted on these forums sites because I really hate conflict, but I am not one that is going to be politically correct and refrain from saying that the reason that everyone is not playing is because you and Apex threw a fit and blamed anyone and everyone because it was not going the way you wanted. You cling to everyone wanting to steal it from you but in reality there was over 30 managers all worked up to play in a contest and you did not step up to the plate and control it. You have your contest so be happy but don't try and make those managers that you offended feel bad because they don't want to reward you for a temper tantrum. Don't use that Oh see they don't want to play with younger managers because the truth is they don't want to waste their time or money playing with you[/quote]

That's where the twisted logic comes in. Just waited to see if someone would produce it without my prompting. By this whole series of statements I can then assume, because their dropping out because they don't want to play with ME, that they'll all drop out of ToGS because there I am! Still in it! So better leave by that series of logic. I'll be more than happy to let ANYONE else score the contest if the fear is integrity but 14 was always the place! Everyone wanted to move it and knew I couldn't afford to run a new arena. Mega-Manager is NOT my term, it was already in the game when I returned. And by NO means am I a Mega. I'm not nearly good enough, and I've never asked for special treatment from RSI Laughing The wink was not to hide myself just a "you know it". All have said a closed arena protects from interference I've heard from RSI themselves it doesn't. Plus I've ecperienced it. Just figure I'd prove my point! And I will if given the chance! I don't hide, I'm transparent as glass!

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View user's profileSend private message
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3325
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
Soultaker69 wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
Alright no tournies it is. I left mailers open because everyone seemed to agree earlier about them. Also looks like, due to the leaving of so many, that we will have to push back the start date on this. No rush since the tournies are out anyways. Push it back 3 turns to roughly November 25th. This gives time to regroup for the Freeblades and 'larqs.

Since this is generally for bragging rights we don't want to hear any "You won but we didn't have so and so" 'seither as this open to all. I think everyone's afraid of the Andorian powerhouse anyways Cry I mean we have the best manager in the game (Consortium) and the best younger manager in the game (Manager). That being said with the diminished F and D contingent we better pull it off!



Didn't recall you being in it but I did forget Manager. So there were 3. If we get 3 quality opponents it makes a fair win then Laughing
You are right SL this is an open contest and if you Andorians win you will have bragging rights, but who are you going to brag to? While you and Manager are giving yourselves high-fives for running out Sandman and I (this is base on Manager's post), you have succeed in running out all the other competion. Way to go Andorians you are the best in the land.


As long as your willing to concede to the truth maybe we don't need the contest after all. Nce win over whom in the dead ZC3? Oh yeah Mannequin. Based on your OWN logic that's the only person you have bragging rights over in ZC3. I give you credit for dominance but your apparently harder on yourself than I and will bow to your opinions Laughing

As the song "Twisted Logic" says:

If a is b and b is c therefore a is c.
For example here's some examples here we go!
From war comes peace
and peace is good
therefore war is good!

Johnny blew his head off
Johnny listened to metal
therefore metal killed Johnny
that's logical it's settled! Cool


Whoa, there, podner! We were in ZalCon and were also decimated by Soultaker's fine win. He and Mannequin did outdistance the foes, but they deserve full credit - esp Soultaker - for a top notch win. That "shot' was was unfair and inappropriate.

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View user's profileSend private message
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3325
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

* There was never any intention by me or anyone else to hijack anything. I tried to help flesh out the rules and drum up support to get this off the ground, I offered you one of my teams from a closed arena to run in 14 if needed, I got involved to run in a contest I had no interest in initially, and then I wished you well for whatever contest you ran in 14 when it became clear that you were not interested in running or participating with what EVERYONE else wanted to do in a closed arena.


Whose going to pick up the reigns to this thing?

What was that then? Be honest now and don't hide and say you never said that! The Crusades was stated over and over as the same contest just a time line appropriate name change. So there was one contest being hashed out. I NEVER said I gave up on the running of the contest. Explain, if you may or can,how this was not an attempt to subvert the running of the contest from me?


I wished you well for the contest you were running and asked who was going to pick up the reigns of the the Civil War when (to quote from above) it became clear that you were not interested in running or participating with what EVERYONE else wanted to do in a closed arena. Yes, you still want to do it in 14, but that is not what the bulk of the 30+ managers who had committed to this thing wanted and agreed to. Therefore it looked like there would be TWO contests. One that you were going to run in 14 to help revive your arena and the other in a closed arena to help keep things as fair and even as possible.

Street_Legal wrote:
Considering I'd already talked to RSI about opening a closed arena for my last contest and got a pretty hearty NO, plus it would not affect interference I tried to pull the reigns, however oberzealous, back to the direction of 14! I'm not going to flame out at a response. As long as there's no more subversion, that's when I flamed out (and as pointed out by others, not just me, that's what was apparently happening).


You keep throwing this up as you shield, your defense about why everyone should come and back your contest now in 14. However, Lee is very reasonable and I have no doubt that if someone comes to her with a well-thought out plan and a commitment from a large group of players for a extended contest that she would allow the use of a closed or new arena and to help control outside interference (especially intentional). It makes sense for RSI to support that kind of interest from the players for an event.

Street_Legal wrote:
Oh and BTW you used specifics about who might interfere and everyone went into panic. You didn't say "what if SOMEONE" you said "what if I"! Slip of the tongue? Perhaps; perhaps not but I've gotten word from many managers that people were going to skew this contest, or try to, but again a closed arena will not stop that despite everyone's beliefs.

Once they open it anyone can come!


No, I told you that this was a "f'rinstance" to illustrate the potential problem. I wanted people to consider it because it is a factor as it has been in TOGS and would be in any open arena. Apparently many other people think so as well. I could have gone either way, I DIDN'T REALLY CARE! There are plenty of ways to try to mitigate the impact of it and I suspect that some sort of agreement could have been made if you'd have chosen to deal with this like an adult and tried to work through the issues.


Actually what's best for RSI is not opening another arena and spreading the few managers it still has any thinner. There are probably another 6-8 arenas that need to close, including 14, so in hopes of finding some managers who will get a sense of interest in 14 and staying I took Polarius' idea and expanded it. Asking for special dispensation only causes a company problems. When Polarius, as pure example, wants to run a contest in 6 months now he's going to want a closed participation arena. Then when Zalgorr wants to run another he's going to want one to. Then when Hammer decides to have ONE MORE contest he'll want one to. It's a bad road to go down. Give one special treatment you have to give it to all or it's unfair. Besides I couldn't have afforded it! Why run a contest you cannot participate in? Make it a Megas contest and a regular guys contest? That's really bad image for the game!

Either way the game is hurt. That's why I didn't go to them asking for special treatment. Besides I don't want to be treated differently or special just equal.

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View user's profileSend private message
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3325
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RTR wrote:
Soultaker69 wrote:
I have not posted on these forums sites because I really hate conflict, but I am not one that is going to be politically correct and refrain from saying that the reason that everyone is not playing is because you and Apex threw a fit and blamed anyone and everyone because it was not going the way you wanted. You cling to everyone wanting to steal it from you but in reality there was over 30 managers all worked up to play in a contest and you did not step up to the plate and control it. You have your contest so be happy but don't try and make those managers that you offended feel bad because they don't want to reward you for a temper tantrum. Don't use that Oh see they don't want to play with younger managers because the truth is they don't want to waste their time or money playing with you


Very good points.
Street Legal, I know this will disappoint you, but I will not be participating in "your" contest. However, come on over to 31 and support your Vendetta Cartel. You will just be another door mat at the entrance to the arena.


I'd come but your probably part of the "bruises easily crowd"! I don't want to harm your psyche! My other VC do it enough!

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View user's profileSend private message
_sandman_
Master Poster
Master Poster


Joined: Oct 13, 2003
Posts: 279
Location: Jacksonville, FL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
That's where the twisted logic comes in. Just waited to see if someone would produce it without my prompting. By this whole series of statements I can then assume, because their dropping out because they don't want to play with ME, that they'll all drop out of ToGS because there I am! Still in it! So better leave by that series of logic. I'll be more than happy to let ANYONE else score the contest if the fear is integrity but 14 was always the place! Everyone wanted to move it and knew I couldn't afford to run a new arena. Mega-Manager is NOT my term, it was already in the game when I returned. And by NO means am I a Mega. I'm not nearly good enough, and I've never asked for special treatment from RSI Laughing The wink was not to hide myself just a "you know it". All have said a closed arena protects from interference I've heard from RSI themselves it doesn't. Plus I've ecperienced it. Just figure I'd prove my point! And I will if given the chance! I don't hide, I'm transparent as glass!


You know, I had planned to spend a good bit of time writing out a response laying out exactly how I feel about this issue, complete with references to specific posts, dates, etc. However, Street, you've given me the perfect opportunity with this post to throw that idea out and shoot from the hip. It's become awfully clear that you're going to twist anything and using logic is pointless with you. So, let me lay it out this way.

Initially, I withdrew from the Civil War because I got frustrated that just when it seemed there was a consensus forming, things were blown up by the issue of arena 14 and the possibility of sergeants, etc.

However, I'm firmly committed to staying out because of you. And, don't think that your snide comments about the TOGS represent anything close to what Soultaker said and you misinterpreted. I'll lay it out clearly. I absolutely refuse to take part in 14 or any other contest you sponsor ad infinitum because I don't want to waste one red cent of my hard earned money to throw my support behind anything tainted by being connected with you. Your presence as a participant in a contest is certainly no deterrrant to my entering. But, you've irked me to the point that, out of principal, I refuse to waste any time or money supporting anything that you've organized or sponsor. Is that clear enough? I don't think there's anything in that to misinterpret or twist, is there?
View user's profileSend private message
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Aug 06, 2005
Posts: 421
Location: Polaris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
RTR wrote:
Soultaker69 wrote:
I have not posted on these forums sites because I really hate conflict, but I am not one that is going to be politically correct and refrain from saying that the reason that everyone is not playing is because you and Apex threw a fit and blamed anyone and everyone because it was not going the way you wanted. You cling to everyone wanting to steal it from you but in reality there was over 30 managers all worked up to play in a contest and you did not step up to the plate and control it. You have your contest so be happy but don't try and make those managers that you offended feel bad because they don't want to reward you for a temper tantrum. Don't use that Oh see they don't want to play with younger managers because the truth is they don't want to waste their time or money playing with you


Very good points.
Street Legal, I know this will disappoint you, but I will not be participating in "your" contest. However, come on over to 31 and support your Vendetta Cartel. You will just be another door mat at the entrance to the arena.


I'd come but your probably part of the "bruises easily crowd"! I don't want to harm your psyche! My other VC do it enough!


How silly. Your just scared. Your VC needs you because they "ain't getting the job done."
Oh, I understand. They DON'T want you there because you would just continue to embarass them on AND off the sands.

_________________
Raoul the Rude
"Harbinger of Woe"
The Council of Lords

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
View user's profileSend private message
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3325
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

_sandman_ wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
That's where the twisted logic comes in. Just waited to see if someone would produce it without my prompting. By this whole series of statements I can then assume, because their dropping out because they don't want to play with ME, that they'll all drop out of ToGS because there I am! Still in it! So better leave by that series of logic. I'll be more than happy to let ANYONE else score the contest if the fear is integrity but 14 was always the place! Everyone wanted to move it and knew I couldn't afford to run a new arena. Mega-Manager is NOT my term, it was already in the game when I returned. And by NO means am I a Mega. I'm not nearly good enough, and I've never asked for special treatment from RSI Laughing The wink was not to hide myself just a "you know it". All have said a closed arena protects from interference I've heard from RSI themselves it doesn't. Plus I've ecperienced it. Just figure I'd prove my point! And I will if given the chance! I don't hide, I'm transparent as glass!


You know, I had planned to spend a good bit of time writing out a response laying out exactly how I feel about this issue, complete with references to specific posts, dates, etc. However, Street, you've given me the perfect opportunity with this post to throw that idea out and shoot from the hip. It's become awfully clear that you're going to twist anything and using logic is pointless with you. So, let me lay it out this way.

Initially, I withdrew from the Civil War because I got frustrated that just when it seemed there was a consensus forming, things were blown up by the issue of arena 14 and the possibility of sergeants, etc.

However, I'm firmly committed to staying out because of you. And, don't think that your snide comments about the TOGS represent anything close to what Soultaker said and you misinterpreted. I'll lay it out clearly. I absolutely refuse to take part in 14 or any other contest you sponsor ad infinitum because I don't want to waste one red cent of my hard earned money to throw my support behind anything tainted by being connected with you. Your presence as a participant in a contest is certainly no deterrrant to my entering. But, you've irked me to the point that, out of principal, I refuse to waste any time or money supporting anything that you've organized or sponsor. Is that clear enough? I don't think there's anything in that to misinterpret or twist, is there?


Nothing to twist your right but consider the following. If I've irked you you can imagine how I felt then when I got several emails and PMs stating I was having this contest stripped from 14 (when I invited people they knew it was in 14 and I was looking at how to best run and score it) and then came to the forums and found it to be apparently TRUE! I reacted in exact kind to your reaction to me: I was having NONE of it. Guess we're more alike than you think or want to believe Wink I applaud your red blooded american maleness Laughing

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View user's profileSend private message
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3325
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RTR wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
RTR wrote:
Soultaker69 wrote:
I have not posted on these forums sites because I really hate conflict, but I am not one that is going to be politically correct and refrain from saying that the reason that everyone is not playing is because you and Apex threw a fit and blamed anyone and everyone because it was not going the way you wanted. You cling to everyone wanting to steal it from you but in reality there was over 30 managers all worked up to play in a contest and you did not step up to the plate and control it. You have your contest so be happy but don't try and make those managers that you offended feel bad because they don't want to reward you for a temper tantrum. Don't use that Oh see they don't want to play with younger managers because the truth is they don't want to waste their time or money playing with you


Very good points.
Street Legal, I know this will disappoint you, but I will not be participating in "your" contest. However, come on over to 31 and support your Vendetta Cartel. You will just be another door mat at the entrance to the arena.


I'd come but your probably part of the "bruises easily crowd"! I don't want to harm your psyche! My other VC do it enough!


How silly. Your just scared. Your VC needs you because they "ain't getting the job done."
Oh, I understand. They DON'T want you there because you would just continue to embarass them on AND off the sands.


Y'know I keep seeing them go anywhere from 1-1 to 3-1 against the COL. 50-75% is pretty near the tops in most arenas! If your considering 25-50% records against the VC success I salute your low standards with "half a peace sign" Wink

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB 2.0.10 © 2001 phpBB Group

Version 2.0.6 of PHP-Nuke Port by Tom Nitzschner © 2002 www.toms-home.com
Forums ©
:: fisubsilver shadow phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by coldblooded (www.nukemods.com) ::