New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - What happened?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't care if my team got +199 and SCOMS got -200. 15 teams didn't get run this past turn. 15!!!. If all or a majority of the 15 teams sent their turns in, it should get re-run.

And I know for a FACT that 3 of the Iron Council teams were sent in well in advance, including mine. No faxes or last minute stuff, we plan out nearly everything we do, including challenges etc. I don't even know what our team scored, I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but thats beside the point. We payed close attention to this arena for the contest. And were hoping to come and give SCOMMS at least something to look at in their rear view mirror.

It is one of the only arenas I am running in now aside from getting F2F ready. It just really sucks.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Soultaker69 wrote:
Personally I do not feel we should have a re-run either. We had one of our teams not run either, and I can say that I got no challenges through due to so many not showing up. Imput errors can be corrected in the win loss field but I say nay to a complete re-run this would open a huge can of worms for this and future contests.

Craig

3 of our 5 teams didn't get run. Including one of my DA's on my team so no possible rookie TV there. Including my 30th FE for one of my slashers which would have been nice for the F2F. Etc, etc..

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got back into my house from one of my 2-3 trips to St.Auggie this summer and had 2 envelopes waiting. One was simply my 47 overviews as well as my tourney mini-overviews for all my teams. The other was the current turn with NO ONE running, HOWEVER, of all things my replacement that I rolled up well his overview was waiting. Makes no sense as they were sent in the envelope well in advance.
Personally if this isnt rectified than dropping the contest will be an option, not to sound negative but it is a reality. Even though we are in second place The Iron Council has been 1/2 assing strategizing and staying in it despite SCOMMS advantage and this turn we made even more progress towards complete strategizaton(its tough with vacations, people moving to Timbuctu, etc, etc) and for what........ So 1/2 our teams dont even run thus the majority of our concentrated challenges/avoids/non-challenges/if-challenged/etc/etc/etc don't even happen?!?!?!?!? I know RSI in a state of disaray right now with the Summer Face and all amongst other things and I am reluctant to bash them as I dont want Soultaker to get on his "its a small family business give em a break we all enjoy the game so lets CONTINUE to give them a hall pass time after time after time after time again(sorry Soultaker/Craig, I'd be more apt to be with you on the soapbox if this amongst MANY other things were simply isolated incidents but the fact remains that ALOT of people put their hard earned money to RSI's BUSINESS(make no mistake about it IS a business> for more and more nonsense to continue? Doesn't make sense.
Either re-run the damn turn.... OR worse case scenario pretend this turn didnt happen as far as scoring purposes for the Turf War and extend it by a turn basically making this past turn a bye week in liue of the Summer Face.

Jekyll / Ryan

P.S. For the record I LOVE RSI and in my opinion they have EXCEPTIONAL customer service anytime I have requested anything in my cumulated total of 15 years. But as much as the faithfull following want to defend them and I am all for that cause they are good people but enough is enough.... good people or not there is a problem.

P.P.S Sorry to thread jack but I am killing 2 birds with 1 stone and bitching about the Turf War turn being jacked up and the state of affairs with the company we all love.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The fact of the matter is something definately odd has happened with the TURN not the players. I got a evelope with DM 47 mini-overviews on 7/10/07 from RSI. That was the day that the turn ran!? Right then I figured something was amiss. Then sure enough I get my turn in the mail today and I get yet another set of overviews and I didn't run.

That was a glitch in the system somewhere, not player error. The turn should be re-run.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Has anyone gotten their turn yet (that ran)? Does the NL on the web match the NL in hand?

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
Has anyone gotten their turn yet (that ran)? Does the NL on the web match the NL in hand?

Yes it matches.

It my instance it looks like it may have been because I had a negative balance.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

...and the worst thing is right now is Baphomet is having computer problems so he is not able to see the happenings right now. I will try to get a hold of him to let him know what is happening so a judgment can be made on what can happen. Suggestions I have are;

1) Have the contest go on one more turn with this turn being a zero turn for everyone, or just zero the turn without an extra turn added.

2) Let it stand like it is.

3) Give those who were screwed an extra turn to have the same amount of turns that the other participants have.

As far as I can see, there will be no answer that pleases everyone. I know if this turn is re-run and my team loses points instead of gaining I will feel alienated, just as those who did not run/ran wrong feel right now. I am trying to be sympathetic to your position, but I'm not sure you would feel sympathetic if the shoe was on the other foot.

Whatever happens, I hope all decide to finish the TW.

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I could live with no rerun

I do however feel this turn should not be counted and the contest extended one turn.

IMO this would not open any of the soultaker worms and would still give those 15 teams a chance to get what they deserve.

Ignoring the turn results holds no advantage/disadvantage.

Simply put, Massive turn wide mistakes by RSI SHOULD in every contest render the turn void

"The easiest way to win is to knock them down and kill them"Mannequin
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can we get some confirmation by RSI that they did in fact screw up the turn?
If it's just a handful of isolated incidents, then we can handle it like we would an input error. (People gain points, but don't lose any for errors that get corrected) They should be able to tell when turns arrived as well. I actually got my DM 47 stuff really early--I was actually wondering if they ran the turn a day early.

(Sadly, I think Swamp Syndicate may have had our best turn ever--mainly because half of us didn't run! )
Surprised
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK first off we need to see just who did not run that turned in sheets. I did ask RSI and I was told that they had not heard a thing about this. It does seem some did not run due to negative accounts. I have no idea who or how many but if that is the case for this it does not give reason for a re-run in my opinion. If there were numerous teams screwed over I would vote for a mulligan. Just ignore this turn and carry on next turn. This is just my 2 cents, it is up to Baph to contact RSI and find out what really happened and make the decision. As for the overview, I think everyone got a dump of all the arenas they were running. I received numerous minis last week in one packet including 47.

Reaper
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As an aside....

This is the second turn in a row for me (different arenas) with something amiss in it.
ARDIVENT Turn - 504 had similar issues.
The best I can figure is that they re-ran the turn and some of us got sent the first run and they posted the second (or vice versa).
I still do not have word about which turn record is going to stick.

I wonder how this can be fairly sorted out.
We should all come to some agreement.
It seems highly likely that this situation will happen again.

I guess we can

1. Drop it
2. Keep it
3. Take the best of the two cycles?
4. Let the contest moderator(s) make a call?

Sucks that this kind of thing had to happen.

R

Last edited by Reaper on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JEKYLL1 wrote:
Just got back into my house from one of my 2-3 trips to St.Auggie this summer and had 2 envelopes waiting. One was simply my 47 overviews as well as my tourney mini-overviews for all my teams. The other was the current turn with NO ONE running, HOWEVER, of all things my replacement that I rolled up well his overview was waiting. Makes no sense as they were sent in the envelope well in advance.
Personally if this isnt rectified than dropping the contest will be an option, not to sound negative but it is a reality.

You need to do what you feel is right for you. I can probably bet you that RSI won't re-run because of a threat to stop though.

Even though we are in second place The Iron Council has been 1/2 assing strategizing and staying in it despite SCOMMS advantage and this turn we made even more progress towards complete strategizaton(its tough with vacations, people moving to Timbuctu, etc, etc) and for what........ So 1/2 our teams dont even run thus the majority of our concentrated challenges/avoids/non-challenges/if-challenged/etc/etc/etc don't even happen?!?!?!?!?

Just think if you would have put for the effort in the beginning you might be winning this right now????? I take it you feel our advantage is because we have worked hard since the beginning and performed well through out. I know that none of my challenges went through because Trip didn't run. Laughing I guess what you are saying that is because you and Trip didn't run "thus the majority of our concentrated challenges/avoids/non-challenges/if-challenged/etc/etc/etc" did not happen.

I know RSI in a state of disaray right now with the Summer Face and all amongst other things and I am reluctant to bash them as I dont want Soultaker to get on his "its a small family business give em a break we all enjoy the game so lets CONTINUE to give them a hall pass time after time after time after time again(sorry Soultaker/Craig, I'd be more apt to be with you on the soapbox if this amongst MANY other things were simply isolated incidents but the fact remains that ALOT of people put their hard earned money to RSI's BUSINESS(make no mistake about it IS a business> for more and more nonsense to continue? Doesn't make sense.

I speak one time to voice my opinion against so many that bad mouth and you want to by-line me? I am sorry you feel that way. You have every right to complain. I just hope this is really their screw up and not some other reason. I have spent way too much money on this game and been dissappointed many times by what I felt was RSI's fault, but I still will try to keep people playing in the game instead of constant negative bashing. Not that this comment of yours is, but just trying to justify my little soapbox tirate.

Either re-run the damn turn.... OR worse case scenario pretend this turn didnt happen as far as scoring purposes for the Turf War and extend it by a turn basically making this past turn a bye week in liue of the Summer Face.

If they re-run the turn this leaves RSI and other contests open to those that say they sent in their turns or a minor mistake and want re-runs because they did it for 47. Again my opinion.
I can see ignoring this turn (sorry Darque Laughing) if Baph finds out that RSI screwed it up.

Jekyll / Ryan

P.S. For the record I LOVE RSI and in my opinion they have EXCEPTIONAL customer service anytime I have requested anything in my cumulated total of 15 years. But as much as the faithfull following want to defend them and I am all for that cause they are good people but enough is enough.... good people or not there is a problem.

If a problem really exsists we (a collective we) can solve it easy enough.

Craig

P.P.S Sorry to thread jack but I am killing 2 birds with 1 stone and bitching about the Turf War turn being jacked up and the state of affairs with the company we all love.

TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whatever, I don't care anymore.

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Seraphim53 wrote:

I do however feel this turn should not be counted and the contest extended one turn.

IMO this would not open any of the soultaker worms and would still give those 15 teams a chance to get what they deserve.

Simply put, Massive turn wide mistakes by RSI SHOULD in every contest render the turn void

This I agree with. Massive turn mistakes should null and void the turn in our contest.

JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Soultaker69 wrote:
Seraphim53 wrote:

This I agree with. Massive turn mistakes should null and void the turn in our contest.

Let me ditto this, Craig.

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic