New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - NFL Football
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

roadkill wrote:
Another Pats fan....thank you little baby Jesus......I don't care about the accusations about the video, every team does it, they just got caught. Face the facts, the Super Bowl, will come from the AFC, as it has been for the last few years, but will it be the Colts, Chargers, or Patriots.....Randy Moss...not bad for a 4th round..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ..................my brother is now playing D2, if the Pats lose (after Tomlinson's comments....even though he's still whining about them from playing copy cat to Steriod boy's little dance.......hey, no offense, but if you to dance after a sack exspect people to dance in your face when you lose)......back to the point, if the Pats lose to Chargers, I'll buy him 5 roll-ups for the tourney, and tell him him every rookie I'm sending with their stas and strategy. The little shit has been a hemroid since I recruited him, but he's more fun as an adversary than an ally.

When I saw LT's interview, I was furious with his comments. I've lost all respect for that player, regardless of his abilities. So nothing the Patriots do will surprise him, huh? How about taking home another Lombardi trophy?? You are right, every team tries to get away with it, and most teams do. When you get caught, it's embarrassing. Take the penalties. Move on. Find somebody more stealthy. Twisted Evil

You're safe on your wager with your brother, my friend. I do not doubt both teams will make the playoffs, but I feel that the Chargers will be the third seed, with Indy and NE having the 1st round bye. Chargers would probably face Indy and be eliminated round 2.

AFC game will be Indy/NE, with NE winning by a 3 or 7 (not sure if it is going to be a shoot-out or a defensive game). Anybody have other theories for the AFC?

Let me consult the Magic 8-Ball to find out about the NFC. Very Happy

Q:"Will the NFC show up to the Superbowl next Feburary?"

A: "Anything is possible." Shocked Shocked

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
mrmojo wrote:
I really like the current Vikings team. Seems like they'll be fun to watch.

Oh? Are they going on another cruise? Shocked Wink Razz Laughing

I wish that were funny. I love the Vikings, but this teams offense is not going to fun. The best hope is that it won't be terrible. Lets hope that Tarvaris is at least better than Grossman. (See, I'm setting very high goals!)

As for the NFC/AFC it is a general trend that goes back and forth. Through the 90s I think the AFC went 10+ years without sniffing a chance to win a Super Bowl. (Well, maybe Scott Norwood's kick sniffed the goalposts.) Right now the power is in the AFC (And the coaching staffs in NE and Indy do deserve a LOT of credit) but it will swing back around.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mrmojo wrote:
Cap Management can make or break a team these days, it just seems like the afc has better run teams at the moment.

Agreed on cap management, but that is only a PART of it, my friend. So is managing your draft picks.

Look what New Orleans has accomplished with their draft management. Years in the basement, but now the Saints are a power in the NFC. Most teams don't draft well anymore, IMO. They just don't address their needs, and wind up getting almost retired 'veterans' to fill their roster, or undrafted rookies (which, admittedly, could POSSIBLY find some diamonds in that rough).

On a side issue: Rookies should get league minimum for their first contract, with performance incentives to make up the difference. Why should, a top ten QB pick get millions for sitting on the sidelines, studying under a veteran for two or three years? Make them WORK for their money.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
Lets hope that Tarvaris is at least better than Grossman. (See, I'm setting very high goals!)

One's goals SHOULD always be just beyond one's reach. Cool

Nomad wrote:
As for the NFC/AFC it is a general trend that goes back and forth. Through the 90s I think the AFC went 10+ years without sniffing a chance to win a Super Bowl. (Well, maybe Scott Norwood's kick sniffed the goalposts.) Right now the power is in the AFC (And the coaching staffs in NE and Indy do deserve a LOT of credit) but it will swing back around.

I believe that the NFC has the edge in total numbers of Superbowl victories, and yes, it is cyclic in nature. But even during that drought the AFC went through, there were quality teams in the AFC, and quality leadership, not the meltdown that seems to have occurred in the NFC.

Don't get me wrong. It's happened to a lot of teams in the AFC as well, just not as visible, IMO.

Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[You are right, every team tries to get away with it, and most teams do. When you get caught, it's embarrassing. Take the penalties. Move on. Find somebody more stealthy. Twisted Evil

[/quote]

I'm sorry, but I just can't agree with this. Maybe they aren't the only one that is doing it. (And I haven't read about it or seen/heard Tomlinson's comments yet.) But that isn't the point. It is cheating. And the reaction is simply, bummer you were caught and you should get better at cheating? Perhaps we shouldn't treat the Pats as pariahs if "everyone is doing it," but it is still wrong. It shouldn't be happening and it is cheating, whether they were caught or not. I most certainly do not respect the action.

I shall now get down off of my soapbox.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
[You are right, every team tries to get away with it, and most teams do. When you get caught, it's embarrassing. Take the penalties. Move on. Find somebody more stealthy. Twisted Evil

I'm sorry, but I just can't agree with this. Maybe they aren't the only one that is doing it. (And I haven't read about it or seen/heard Tomlinson's comments yet.) But that isn't the point. It is cheating. And the reaction is simply, bummer you were caught and you should get better at cheating? Perhaps we shouldn't treat the Pats as pariahs if "everyone is doing it," but it is still wrong. It shouldn't be happening and it is cheating, whether they were caught or not. I most certainly do not respect the action.

I shall now get down off of my soapbox.[/quote]

Aruak City is the place for people like you. Wink

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

deleted dupe

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Nomad wrote:

I shall now get down off of my soapbox.

Aruak City is the place for people like you. Wink[/quote]

And yet, for some reason, my home arena is Sunset. I think I ended up being Delarquan by default. Ah well. Besides, I've heard stories about the people in Aruak City . . . Wink

Dragonbane Guild(81)
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
roadkill wrote:
Another Pats fan....thank you little baby Jesus......I don't care about the accusations about the video, every team does it, they just got caught. Face the facts, the Super Bowl, will come from the AFC, as it has been for the last few years, but will it be the Colts, Chargers, or Patriots.....Randy Moss...not bad for a 4th round..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ..................my brother is now playing D2, if the Pats lose (after Tomlinson's comments....even though he's still whining about them from playing copy cat to Steriod boy's little dance.......hey, no offense, but if you to dance after a sack exspect people to dance in your face when you lose)......back to the point, if the Pats lose to Chargers, I'll buy him 5 roll-ups for the tourney, and tell him him every rookie I'm sending with their stas and strategy. The little shit has been a hemroid since I recruited him, but he's more fun as an adversary than an ally.

When I saw LT's interview, I was furious with his comments. I've lost all respect for that player, regardless of his abilities. So nothing the Patriots do will surprise him, huh? How about taking home another Lombardi trophy?? You are right, every team tries to get away with it, and most teams do. When you get caught, it's embarrassing. Take the penalties. Move on. Find somebody more stealthy. Twisted Evil

Really? I don't remember if you'd come back yet, but if so what was your take on the Jilesgate thing? How about Bonds (et al)? Or is this forgiveness and "c'est la vie" Patriots-based only?

You've lost respect for LT because he dissed your team for something they obviously do? Given your unapologetic stance above on something the Pats have been caught for 4 times before and that you reckon everyone does, you shouldn't care what he says.

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Patriots *are* big, fat cheaters. And even worse--their incompetent cheaters. They instantly ruined the squeaky clean image they've spent the past decade working on.

Quote:
Perhaps we shouldn't treat the Pats as pariahs if "everyone is doing it," but it is still wrong.

Pfft! That's part of the fun of the NFL! We have a new villain team! Part of the fun of the NFL is making fun of other teams' misfortune, especially your rivals. Bust out the "Bill Belicheat" signs, chant "cheaters" whenever they come out of the locker room, it's gonna be great! (Too bad this didn't happen to the Eagles)
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very true!! Laughing Twisted Evil

I wonder how much Brady's involved...depending on when they would get the scoop on the call, it doesn't do much good if the guy on the field with the ball doesn't know what that is. Are they using the headset or signaling it in somehow? Or just using it only when they can determine that call before they choose their own offensive play? Hmmm...

Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
Very true!! Laughing Twisted Evil

I wonder how much Brady's involved...depending on when they would get the scoop on the call, it doesn't do much good if the guy on the field with the ball doesn't know what that is. Are they using the headset or signaling it in somehow? Or just using it only when they can determine that call before they choose their own offensive play? Hmmm...

Very true?!

Now YOU are a true Delarquan! No Aurak City for you!

Dragonbane Guild(81)

Last edited by Nomad on Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
The Patriots *are* big, fat cheaters. And even worse--their incompetent cheaters. They instantly ruined the squeaky clean image they've spent the past decade working on.

Quote:
Perhaps we shouldn't treat the Pats as pariahs if "everyone is doing it," but it is still wrong.

Pfft! That's part of the fun of the NFL! We have a new villain team! Part of the fun of the NFL is making fun of other teams' misfortune, especially your rivals. Bust out the "Bill Belicheat" signs, chant "cheaters" whenever they come out of the locker room, it's gonna be great! (Too bad this didn't happen to the Eagles)

Yeah, but Dallas will always be the team to hate!

Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

Lay off the Eagles! We sadly lost to the Geriatric Gunslinger (no not Consortium or Soultaker), but all isn't lost yet. Just need to teach our Special teams how to catch a punt.

If this turns out to be true, I think this whole situation will bring Bill Belichek "the genius" into perspective for everyone but Patriot fans. It is easy to look like a mastermind when you stealing signs from the defense.

And the whole, "everyone else is doing it" argument is a bunch of BS. I think that was the same argument I used as a kid when my mother caught me doing something wrong. It was about as effective then as it is now in this current debate.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
Managerr wrote:

Lay off the Eagles! We sadly lost to the Geriatric Gunslinger (no not Consortium or Soultaker), but all isn't lost yet. Just need to teach our Special teams how to catch a punt.

If this turns out to be true, I think this whole situation will bring Bill Belichek "the genius" into perspective for everyone but Patriot fans. It is easy to look like a mastermind when you stealing signs from the defense.

And the whole, "everyone else is doing it" argument is a bunch of BS. I think that was the same argument I used as a kid when my mother caught me doing something wrong. It was about as effective then as it is now in this current debate.

For the record, as much as we hate to state it, Soultaker is not even close to a proper classification as geriatric.

Just because he acts like it ........................... Wink

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic